WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sitting here drinking beers and crazy thoughts.....

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
It would be fun to cash out all retirement accounts, pay all taxes and just put all proceeds on RED one time. Can you imagine the rush?

"I am rich biach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

or

Consider me a potential suicide bomber.......haha

framer1

Reaction score
I think I would hold off on that idea....Just spend it all and have fun.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
My crazy thoughts used to be wondering what it would take to get out of California. Once I moved out I wondered how half of all Americans became so fucked up. Now I just wonder how long it will be before everyone but me becomes like them 😲

Rondog4405

Reaction score
It would be fun to cash out all retirement accounts, pay all taxes and just put all proceeds on RED one time. Can you imagine the rush?

or

I ponder that same scenario all the time.. wife thinks I'm nuts.. put it all on the line ..double up..or be a broke mutha fucka.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Is Pinedale the area you kind of snake around right when you enter WY?

WYRD

Reaction score

I sometimes think about going out leaving Las Vegas style 🥃 🤪 🙃🤔

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
History is written by, and about, those who act upon their dreams. Some are ultimately written off as madmen, others as legends.

I've played this game, life, relatively cautiously. Kids, wife and future always hung in the balance. The kids are older now, and the wife now sees things are paid up...Risks may be taken financially that weren't an option before. Wife can see I'm not quite a crackpot, that's a plus.

Do I have a crazy plan? No, not yet. I do have some crazy "visions" of the future though...anxious to see what materializes.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Selling it all and getting 50 acres in the middle of nowhere and semi retiring at the early age of 38.
I couldn't get my wife to go with the full middle of nowhere idea...60 miles to town scared her. We compromised at 15 miles and 10 acres.

The city creeps further out though. More and more people. Especially true these past few months, people escaping other cities or states. Not all from Cali...but all from various "blue" states.

It's not a crazy thought though, I did it at 36. 8 years later, only regret would be not pushing harder for "middle of nowhere".

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Put half on red, half on black and play all night unless that dreaded green00 rears its ugly head😄

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Sell it all and buy a bichin tow-rig RV and just go fish from lake to river to lake following good weather seasons and avoiding crowds . Boring I know.
Then when i die, I wan't a viking funeral . . . put me in my boat at midnight on a full moon, fill it with gas, put it in the center of the lake, and launch a flaming arrow right into the center !✌

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Sell it all and buy a bichin tow-rig RV and just go fish from lake to river to lake following good weather seasons and avoiding crowds . Boring I know.
Then when i die, I wan't a viking funeral . . . put me in my boat at midnight on a full moon, fill it with gas, put it in the center of the lake, and launch a flaming arrow right into the center !✌

I like it....

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I was going to have it in my will to have a Viking funeral but it turns out that Lake Havasu wont permit it. We Scandinavians are always being oppressed for our religious beliefs. I've also been told that donning chain mall and riding a wild boar through town while brandishing a broad sword will be frowned on.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I was going to have it in my will to have a Viking funeral but it turns out that Lake Havasu wont permit it. We Scandinavians are always being oppressed for our religious beliefs. I've also been told that donning chain mall and riding a wild boar through town while brandishing a broad sword will be frowned on.

lol

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Fuck throwing it on red...split the zeros after a 2 roll :eek:

Selling it all and getting 50 acres in the middle of nowhere and semi retiring at the early age of 38.

Within 5 years we will be in Montana for good...That puts me right there in age and area. Making the moves to ensure it happens daily...hoping to have my business closed/sold in the next 60 days..burnout is a very real thing. Go back to corporate for a few years until the wife is done with DO program. After that you won't find me anywhere but very rural MT, and a dozen weekends or so a year in Havasu

Cdog

Reaction score

or

How about cash out and let’s go racing? Lol!!Lots of travel involved. I just beat the guy who was first in line for Montoya’s Indy car seat & a june sprints winner.

8BCAEC9C-1F48-47A1-B498-1128CBF8E0E1.jpeg

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Fuck throwing it on red...split the zeros after a 2 roll :eek:

Within 5 years we will be in Montana for good...That puts me right there in age and area. Making the moves to ensure it happens daily...hoping to have my business closed/sold in the next 60 days..burnout is a very real thing. Go back to corporate for a few years until the wife is done with DO program. After that you won't find me anywhere but very rural MT, and a dozen weekends or so a year in Havasu

Cant get there without laying it all out there. You got this....

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm looking for some by Williams right now. Missed the 38 window tho .....
Depending on how boondock you want to be, Ashfork and Seligman have some nice parcels. When looking up by Williams, it was pretty tough, or pricey, to find wooded
acreage. Lots of fire roads to go wheeling in from there though. I was looking at some cabin type places up there a few years back...figured it to be a stupid idea for me though...to buy a place on a mountain I can see from my back porch. Better off for us to camp there I think.

Dana757

Reaction score
Depending on how boondock you want to be, Ashfork and Seligman have some nice parcels. When looking up by Williams, it was pretty tough, or pricey, to find wooded
acreage. Lots of fire roads to go wheeling in from there though. I was looking at some cabin type places up there a few years back...figured it to be a stupid idea for me though...to buy a place on a mountain I can see from my back porch. Better off for us to camp there I think.
I'm eyeing one by Ash Fork right now. Anything I can afford will be total boondock it's looking like.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
weird that you ask. just read an article about the difference between happiness and satisfaction, with the catchy title:
A Nobel Prize-winning psychologist says most people don’t really want to be happy

By Daniel Kahneman, one of my favorite happiness and motivation researchers.
for happiness, your proposition of putting it all on red is demonstrative of the difference...happiness is transitory...sometimes VERY transitory.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm eyeing one by Ash Fork right now. Anything I can afford will be total boondock it's looking like.
Ashfork people are the definition of self sufficient. My neighbor across the road was the Deputy in charge in that substation. They do a good job policing themselves up there. A fair amount of the "anti-government" folk, but for the most part, people just want to be left alone.

Some beautiful elk up there. Being born and raised in SoCal, had never seen one. Lots of wildlife. Lots of stuff online for doing permanent and temporary off-grid stuff. With your fab skills, it wouldn't be too difficult...could even upfit a conex box down there, and haul it into place as an instant base station.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
weird that you ask. just read an article about the difference between happiness and satisfaction, with the catchy title:
A Nobel Prize-winning psychologist says most people don’t really want to be happy

By Daniel Kahneman, one of my favorite happiness and motivation researchers.
for happiness, your proposition of putting it all on red is demonstrative of the difference...happiness is transitory...sometimes VERY transitory.

humans have it in our DNA to search

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Not really crazy, but would be an adventure. Buy a bigger boat than I have. Do the trip and then sell the boat after.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
We are 5 years or so away from selling our house and transferring the equity into a garagemahal in Williamson Valley, a beach house in Belize and buying an Aguila 443 and cruising the Caribbean for as long as we see fit.

clarence

Reaction score
Having just retired, I can pretty much do whatever I want.

The stock trope of finding/stealing a duffel bag of cash and running off to the Islands? Then drinking on the beach all day?

I could do that.

But then realize that would get old pretty quickly.

Having a great time, but the reality is never as attractive as the fantasy.