WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sitting here Thinkin... Random Thoughts & Biz (Feature Boats / Manufacturers too)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have been at 1/4 throttle since Sunday because I've been sick... As Stacy so eloquently put it "The Man Cold"... By 1/4 throttle I mean literally just doing the bare minimums to get by, and anybody that needs anything from me (at least in my mind) is gonna wait until I feel better. LOL.

(manufacturers you can skip till the end if you don't have the time to read it all).

I have to send a plate and a title to Tony from DCB for a little trailer he bought off me.. it's gonna wait.
I have to send a plate and a title to Cigarette for a trailer under a boat they bought from me.. it's gonna wait..
I can list about 30 things of equal importance between personal shit, and business shit that I was gonna do on Monday / Tuesday.. it's all gonna wait.

If I got the sniffles and a soar throat, maybe some dry respiratory, sorry about your luck.. That shit is gonna wait.

The good news is with all the random shit 3 kids bring home from school.. I almost never get it. I'm bobbing, weaving, and Dancing like a butterfly n stinging like a bee. I couldn't tell ya why.. Could be that I'm smart enough to use my own cup / the same cup for an entire day or two and don't drink off random things or a 100 other random things I do that might be a little "weird".

Random example.. (I got more if ya want em.. LOL). I use my pinky to punch in pin codes on the machines at the grocery stores, liquor stores, and gas stations for purchases.. (Think about it.. even if you're a smoker that digit gets nowhere near your mouth or face).

I'm by no means a hypochondriac, but I will say that I am the guy that even if I take a nap, I have to wake up and take a shower. If I'm machining (mental / sweat a lot) or doing any kinda labor where I'm sweating, then I'm definitely taking a shower again before I do anything else. On the flip side of that I have no problem wearing a shirt that I've worn the day before too dinner, I don't care if it's got a salsa stain on it from lunch.

Anyhow that's a long boring intro and I wanted to share something that happened tonight that put me on "tilt." Which would be the reason for this post.

Earlier tonight my sinuses were a little worse than they have been for the last 4 days.. No color or anything just a kinda pressure. Stacy has this Steam machine that you put your face into and you put a Vicks little thing in it and it helps clear you up. Well I was huffing on that thing like a water bong earlier and thinking to myself "Where the fuck has this thing been all my life?" I'm thinking of how great this thing is gonna be when I finally overcome this smoking thing to help expand lungs and clear out all the bullshit (that is most likely currently going to save my life if I get the vid).. Anyhow I have never seen anything like this before and I'm pretty excited about it.. (It's the little things ya know)

Well it's later tonight and I'm thinking I'm gonna do that again. There's one of these little fiber biscuit things next to it and I can't tell if it's used up or not by looking at it so I hold it up to my nose. I can't smell anything, so maybe it's a goner. But I accidentally touched my face with it, and within a few seconds this thing is giving you that kinda "Vicks vapor burn" under my nose.

Now I know what your thinking.. Because believe me as I sat there kinda doing the math on this thing I pretty much came to the same conclusion. In that 3 second period it felt like an eternity.

"If that thing was done... then I shouldn't be feeling shit on my skin. If I can't smell it, then we just opened the can of worms.... here we go."

Now I'm not one of those dumbass people that is gonna hide something or pretend everything is ok because "I don't feel bad." I'm very well aware of how serious that can be, so the first thing I did was tell my wife "I can't smell this."

We are pretty prepped for any situation, whether that's zombies, food shortages, illnesses, etc.. I'm not gonna say we are full on preppers, but I'll say with regards to anything except the illnesses I have plans and have prepped for just about everything. When it comes to the illnesses, my wife could probably open a pharmacy with the shit she has on hand, and as far as Covid goes.. I've been to Mex enough times I could probably cover myself and "framily" (friend family) when it comes to covid if it came right down to it...

--------------------- Covid Test ----------------------

Stacy jumps in the cabinet and grabs one of the ample (they send them to you for free by the way) covid tests that we have on hand.

Now comes the interesting part.

This person I share a bed with, sit next too, will clean up my tissues if need be is all of a sudden in a - Keep your distance - style attitude. Which I totally get, and I probably would be too.. My response is "we are all fucked at this point.. I've been sneezing all over this house, I've touched literally everything, including kids which gave me this god damn cold... which might not be a cold?"

The test takes 15 minutes to process.

Fuck it.. I walk to the garage and go grab one of her seltzers.. There's no beer in the house because I haven't gotten more since last weekend, and the last beer I had was "all of them" Saturday night when we were camping.. :D.

I would like to say my mind was racing, but it really wasn't. To tell you the truth I normally think pretty quick, and if anything my world kinda slowed down a bit.

I'm in the garage alone, and I thought about how I woke up this "afternoon". I woke up depressed.

Now I don't know how everyone else's mind works, but I go down rabbit holes pretty quickly... So then I self reflect on the week, and yep.. depressed. Then pushing it back further.. yeah had a great time on various vacations, but still... if we are being honest? depressed when I wake up in the AM when I'm at home.

We are at less than one minute into this thing in case you are wondering right now what the time line is like since the time I shoved a swab into my brain on both sides of my giant schnaazzz...

RD

Last edited:

dspracing

Reaction score
If you do come up positive, just embrace it and look forward to the other side. It’s going to be a great feeling once you recover and don’t have to worry about it anymore.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So we are on the subject of depressed when I wake up... and we are about 60 seconds into a covid test that takes 15 minutes to realize the results.

At somewhere between minute one and minute two I ask myself "What in the fuck do you have to be depressed about".

If we are being 100% more honest than we should be with the entire RDP community, I am and always have been a little prone to depression. Luckily I have always considered myself a pretty logical person and so if I ever get that way I just kinda logic it out and damned how ya feel. If the shit doesn't add up, than we go math instead of emotions. My logic basically equates too, did more than most, met more great people than most, experienced more than most... be happy we got what we got, because a lot of people get a lot less. (there's more to that, but it would be a god damn novel. Which this already is going to be)

We are in the middle of minute 2 now, and at this point I'm pretty convinced I'm fucked. If you can't smell a Vics vapor rub against your nose than you got it.

So now I start thinking about Roy.

Most of you didn't know him, or know him that well, but I sure had my opinions of him.

I said it when I talked in his funeral, but he was truly someone that you meet once in a lifetime. To be clear on that, everyone's dad is a hero to them.. and yes every person is special in their own way, so I don't want to take anything away from anyone with what I'm gonna say. But let's be honest here, not everyones a JFK, or a Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Reagan, or fill in your blank here for who you respect and admire.

I'm not gonna get into the dad speech here other than to say... growing up with that guy as your dad, it takes a lot to grab my attention. There's a reason why I can walk into any room, talk to anyone, and not get my blood pressure up. Strangely doing rapid prototyping sales I ended up in Florida one time for a company that did non invasive testing on people. (EKG's etc..). Their big joke was to put the sales guy on the machine and grill them and watch the numbers spike. When I did it, they literally said "there's something wrong with you, the numbers aren't moving". The libs on this site (and the assholes) raise my blood pressure more than if I was to go on an episode of shark tank and pitch selling white gloves to ketchup dispensers.. (I'd close it too)

The point where I'm going (and yes I know it's long in text, but we'll come back to that) is Roy. Roy is one of the very few people on this earth that I never considered a peer. I looked up to him. Not like a father, but more of a mentor in some respects. It would be very long to put into words, but the thing that impressed me the most... There isn't too many challenges I don't think I could take on, and win, if it came down to it.. But Roy would take on random things, in fields of my expertise, and wouldn't flinch at shit I thought was impossible or at the very least "improbable." Fucking guy was amazing..

We are getting very long in the tooth here, so I'm gonna try to circle back to the point... But I'm glad that I got to share a dad moment and a roy moment, because I'll tell ya.. Both were wonderful people that I miss greatly.

Part 3 coming.

RD

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So we are (side tracked aside) back to the "What the fuck do you have to be depressed about?" part..

I'm going to tell you right now. When those bazillionaires tell you that "money isn't everything" they are a 100% right..

I had more money in my early to mid 20's than I knew what to do with. Those "Hotboat years". I didn't brag about it to tell you the truth I doubt anybody really knew other than the fact that I drove Navigators, and bought entire bar tabs all the time (which drunks don't notice). I didn't go buy some big diesel / DCB / house I couldn't afford etc.. Strangely I had a lot of friends telling me I should.

I never thought the house values were worth it compared to the rent I paid in my shitty duplex or apartment etc.. What did I give a shit, I was partying in my old mans riverhouse pretty much Thursday to Sunday (sometimes Monday) every week anyways.

I'm not gonna shit the bed and spell it all out, but I'll say it wasn't abnormal to make in a month or two (back then) what a lot of people made in a year. I quoted a job at one point that was gonna yield me 3+ million for the first year of prototypes, and if it went into production more like 30 Million... and I was gonna get it. Much like everything at that time in my life I found out what was gonna happen next on the news.. I saw I lost that job on the news when the government of Egypt got overthrown.. When Ofuckhead made his speech about downsizing the military.. that was pretty much it for my biz. (we can go into that further if ya got questions on how all that works).

So we moved to Havasu, and I already had a ton of great experiences, and meeting great people through Hotboat.. and even though RDP had been online since 07, it wasn't a biz. Contrary to Teagues belief, Mike from Rex Marine was our first advertiser, and when I told him we don't really sell advertising here... He didn't give a shit he wanted to be "the biz" on here. (Teague always tells me he was the first one. He was early, but not the first.).

When I moved to Havasu, it was during the recession.. Businesses were dead. Housing market dead. Dave Johnsons Business for machining shit? Dead..

Little known fact : I told Stacy before she got here with the newborn baby - "I fucked up.. I really fucked up.. We gotta unwind this deal". her response "Well it's too late now, you better figure that shit out."

The one upside that I had was I was very "passionate" about boats, and the brands I love(d)..

I jumped in the car and went out and talked to these people. I don't want to make it sound like a sales pitch (even if it was to some degree), but they knew with that kinda passion they were onto something.

Is it a coincidence that every single "major" Marine manufacturer on the west coast survived the recession that advertised on here? Could it be a correlation that they had the money to survive and that's why they advertised? I dunno.. I'm not claiming credit for it.. But it's weird how those that went with rdp ended up not only surviving but ended up on top. and those that were on top that didn't.. well can we even remember their names? (I can).

Part 4 coming up.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So here's me.. Before I lost all my shit (business wise)

I'm rolling around with Jeff Herman (3 Days Only / 3 Drinks only) in his big Spectre.. They had their D row shit in whatever campground it was in Havasu (I can't remember I was a Parker guy at the time). I'm having the time of my life, and while I'm working crazy hours making more money than any 20 year old should.

When my first baby was born I was on a project that was going to the proving grounds shortly. Stacy went into labor, I showed up, she gave birth to the baby I hung around for about 45 minutes and said "I gotta go" and back to work I went. Shit even before the Baby I remember Danny Donahue (BadBlown572 aka BB572) being at my shop on a Thursday or a Friday saying "Lets go mother fucker!!" and Danny / Stacy would wait hours until I deemed the work complete before we would leave.

*Side note, Danny passed away in a bizarre set of circumstances that I'm not gonna get into.. But my son named Daniel is named after him. Another great guy I miss dearly.

The side tracked point being: I took work very seriously in my 20's / 30's.

To start leaving off on part 3's title of : "What the fuck do I got to be depressed about". Looking back? Nothing.

Man I got to go in the fastest boats, I got to do shit that less than 1% of 1% of the world would get to do. Not only that but the people I was with are cool as shit.

To tell you the truth, as much as the internet peeps talk about these people they don't know. Most everyone I know from the top to the bottom has always been cool to me. Maybe it's because I treat everyone like a normal person, and I don't kiss their ass, or assume that I know anything about them whether they are rich or broke.. I dunno. That's a Parker thing. Because at a bar some dude with a torn up t shirt could be one of the Herbst guys, or who the fuck knows.. You learn real young treat everyone the same in that town. Havasu is way too "Hey Look at me" on that regard (which is part of the reason I could give a shit if there is salsa on my shirt when we goto dinner..).

So getting back to the point of "RDP" and depression.. I have to tell you guys the experiences have been absolutely amazing. I mean amazing before it was RDP and I was just RD on Hotboat, or one of the various forums I started or was involved with.. RiverRatLife, OP6c, HavasuBarney... I think there was another one, I can't remember and don't give a shit. I'm not one that focusses on the past, I always try to look at the now and the future.

The singular point I was trying to make in all that rambling was I had a shit ton of money when I was too young to know what to do with it.. I was happy I suppose. Cocky by nature, but not because of the money... but I'll tell ya I wasn't as happy as I was when I was real young, being a mold maker for 15.00 an hour back in the day. I really enjoyed cutting metal and making an end tool that was god damn beautiful, and as my boss used to say "dead nuts" on the tolerances. I could send an e-mail and make 7-10 grand running my machine shop, but I truly enjoyed mold making more. Sometimes it's about pride in workmanship and not compensation.

Party time 5 coming up.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So we are like 6 minutes into this covid test now..

I've thought about Roy, my dad, Ward Chamberlin, Brad Bulger, Danny Donahue... Hell Gene from Howard (he I also considered a good friend and likewise..)

Shit I've thought about what I got left... My Mom, Tom Bulger @TBulger of course I'm excluding my wife and family from this.. they are a given as they are a party of me, this is more a "How much time we have left type deal.." with the influences in my life. I can say as my son gets older and some of the things he says.. just "wow". If this is any indication he's a man I'd want to know.

We circle back... WTF are you depressed about Dave? Good lord, most people would give their left nut to live 60 days in those shoes...

To get straight to the point.. I got real satisfaction out of closing those measily advertising deals, and I got real satisfaction out of writing those articles..

I'm not trying to sound like an asshole here, and I don't mean it to come across that way, but I'm gonna say it anyways...

After reading decades of bullshit in magazines.. literally decades.. It's one of those "oh I have a company and combined experience is 100 years".

Look guys.. I know the writers in those mags. I know the publishers, I know the test drivers... I should say that I knew more people in the marine industry than most in my early years.

That entire deal from the get go was a sham. The best mag out there for info was Powerboat, but I swear Hotboat was the most entertaining. LOL.

We bought a boat (My dad and I) because it seemed legit and I read an article in a magazine that said it was great. Now I know that "It runs on the bubble" means something different than what I thought. Thanks for that Bob... I wanted to buy the Cole from Jim.. but my Dad was pretty sold from the sales guy at Castaic Marine who showed him the article.. My dads exact words to me were "If it looks this good on the top, they had to put a lot of time into the bottom!" then he mumbled something about the article that guy showed him.. Someday I'll tell the story about our first ride in that thing on a windy day in Parker and how Nordic used to be before Randy bought it, and how forums can affect your life in general with a mfg. :oops:

On the flipside that bullshit article that was part of the selling point of that Nordic is part of the reason we are here on rdp today. If the boat didn't run like shit (which by the way my old man being an engineer and me being a machinist we fixed it via a custom billet whale tale which 20 years later something similar is being made today...) then I wouldn't have put the ridiculous stereo in it.. I wouldn't have met Adam from W4S.. and we wouldn't have started those party / good times, which ultimately accumulate into some name on the internet being "RiverDave" which you all came to know as the good time guy...

I credit Adam Garcia - RIP my friend as a bit part of my success on the forums / good times. Another great man that I miss greatly. Straight innovator / gangster / all around fun person.

Party of 6 coming up.

RD

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So we are getting into the later minutes of this covid test... and I'm gonna tell you we've only gone down a couple of the holes that the rabbit went down.

To put them all into text I'd be typing into next week and you guys would be reading into next month. (I type pretty fast after typing lessons and being on forums for 20 years and BBS before that).

I start really digging into, why the fuck am I depressed when I wake up? Now bare in mind we don't have the news yet... so this shit can go either way.

I'm hedging my bets on the Mexican meds.. But god damn I've always had ridiculously high blood pressure / blood sugar you name it.. I hope this HCL and Ivermectin is everything I think it is.. I don't give a shit how many people this thing has potentially saved. Stacy and I got the same cold and she is over it, and mine tonight is taking a CV19 test at this point.

So I'm gonna switch to some of the other rabbit holes.. the "what if I got it" type shit.

Well we have plans for this right? That's why we went and bought all the shit from mex.. hell if I don't live we got insurance for 7 figures a couple times I think?...

If I truly have it I'm going in the Moho... but 2 minutes later I'm like fuck that.. I'm going in my bedroom I have one of those hydraulic beds so I'm gonna sleep upright and not let that shit settle in my lungs. (Stacy wanted the Moho). Either way I got enough cash on standby and a kid that "knows" (I had a talk with him) if I get it he's driving me the fuck outta here.. After what I've seen at this local Hospital I have no interest in going here.

He's 16 and in good health he doesn't care if I'm riding in his lap to get the fuck outta Havasu, he's gonna do it, and I promise you the compensation has a comma in it for him. Kingman is connected to several great hospitals that's where I'm heading if I have too. I already got him cued up on speed dial if needed and I don't give a fuck he is doing... if this is it he's gonna do it.

But lets pull back the reigns.. We are only 9 minutes in waiting on a result.. I mean I know I got it, but let's not panic.

This is the kinda shit going through your head.

Lets get back to the point the depression.. Why when I'm making more than I ever have in my life am I depressed? Why when my kids are killing it am I depressed? Why when the wife is killing it am I depressed?

The answer becomes clear pretty quickly...

Part 7 now...

RD

Last edited:

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score

If you get a second and like five finger death punch have a listen to a this song little bit off

I think there's a lot of people who are in your shoes Dave. The truth is there's a ton of outside noise right now. Even though the family is killing it the future is more uncertain and that road is getting worse every day it seems.

Looking forward to part 7.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Strangely I saw this video the other night on FB which was actually a Tik Tok Video that was shown on here..

If I see one of these videos I'll jump down the rabbit hole like we did tonight. I don't give a shit about 99% of the stuff on there, to be blunt most of it is dumb beyond dumb.

I'm there for a couple reasons.. I like that stupid song where the girls ask the questions to it while banging their fists together vertically (if ya know ya know). I like the quick clips from the billionaires telling broke dicks how to be successful, aaaaannnnndddd. I like the cute animal videos.. LOL.

One of them billionaires "mr wonderful" on shark tank. (Not my favorite FYI, which I could go on about that) Said something that really affected me.

To tell you the truth it isn't important what it was, because everyone is gonna have their own thing.. I'm just gonna say it resonated with me a little bit.

I scroll past another 50 vids to get to the next one and it's Grant Cardone the real estate guy..

Someone whom makes more money than me recently asked me if I listen to him, and I said "He's a douche". Now granted at the time I barely listened to anything he said but the one thing I heard was kinda bullshit. He was having some kids give him fake sales calls like he's Jordan Belfourt or something.

He makes some points now that I heard him more, but he's still a small time hustler.. I don't give a shit if he's got (according to him 167 in the bank).

So we come to a cross roads with me.

I love money... fuck I Love gambling. Most of you wouldn't know but there is some straight Ballers and Hitters on this website. There's many millionaires, several 100+.. and to my knowledge there's 2 with a "B" as in Billionaires.

You know what I love more than money? Satisfaction in life. To tell you the truth I think Elon Musk is the richest man in the world today, not because he chased the dollar, but because he chased his passion, and his passion aligned with the dollars.

For awhile, being crippled, I lost my passion.. I didn't want to get on a boat and write it up because this thing caused me so much pain, that it's both conscious and subconscious... It just kinda withered in terms of passion for myself.

I hired a guy and he's been doing a kick ass job. Michael is his name, and he's the video editor.. That video he did on Mike Moralezes's interview.. I damn near want to start a separate thread on that. The videos he's put out for rdp and Trdp have been good to exceptional. The videos he put out on the DCB regatta (which I was in Hawaii) holy shit balls.. Might as well rename him George Lucas.

You tell me this is a boating website. You tell me we need "more".. I try to put up at least one boating content thing a day, most days 2-3. If you are participating where are you at? You'd rather argue Lances crash into the ground.. Speed UTV for 100 pages.. but not put up one photo of your own? Not one video? (we have that too!). But strangely there's less comments on bad ass boating shit that we put out?

Before anyone says to me "I thought this was a boating website" ask yourselves what do you put up to make it one? Because I promise I put up more than anyone.

___________________ Depressed ___________________________

I'm depressed because I subbed my work out to someone else.. I'm depressed because once again I got caught up in making money instead of chasing my passions of writing, driving, and experiencing what life has to offer.

I'm depressed, because if we are being honest... I've never lied to you guys.. but even before I broke my ankle for awhile I didn't give it my all. There was more to be done, and better than anyone else.

I'm depressed because I know I can do it better, I know I can bring it to the market, and I know the market will be happier with what I brought.

At this stage in the game, I don't think there's anyone else that can do it better and I'm not doing it at all.. I'm subbing it.. If we are looking in our hearts and being truthful... You know it and I know it. The same mags that lied before aren't gonna start telling the truth now.

All the mfg's know it too if you're curious..

Part 8... The fucker coming up.

RD

Last edited:

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
So were you negative or positive?

Hope Negative!!!

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Someone got the good Mexican Tylenol/Codeine wake up!!!!!!!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is for the guys with custom shit.. This is for the manufacturers. This isn't for the peanut gallery that want to talk shit on someones classified or argue the finer points of Speed UTV investments..

__________________________ Manufacturers / Those with Custom Shit ________________________________________

I'm gonna tell the manufacturers this period point blank. If you advertise here and you don't take advantage of it, you are a fucking idiot. If you are a general manager and you don't take advantage of this, you are a fucking idiot.

I want to be clear when I say this... I never raised my rates through the recession. It was my passion, not my income. I made money a lot of different ways and through different avenues.

We sit on 160-180,000 unique IP's a month. When I disconnect my blue tooth on my truck and I hear a radio ad for a boat mfg on that radio that I know costs somewhere between 5-8 months of advertising on here, only to know it's primarily shown to the toothless meth heads that can't afford Sirius XM, which the rest of the civilized non broke world are listening too... Yes it pisses me off. Not because you spent money with them..

You spend your money where you want. But when I call and offer to film your boats and somehow your too busy? It's insulting

For the others that don't spend shit... and we film your shit.. Well that's insulting too.

To the others that said "Dave we know what you are worth and we know you didn't ask for it, but we want to pay you this". You are smarter than you think.. Because the money is negligible, the loyalty is everything.

Here's my offer to everyone no strings.. If you feel there's value than you decide and pay it. If you don't than don't.

----------------Manufacturers --------------

Got a new boat your water testing? Tell me I'll do my best for either me or the team to be there.
Got a new boat your delivering to a customer? Tell me I'll do my best for either me or the team to be there.
Take a picture with the happy new owners and don't notify us? Send it to me I'll post it!
Want Helo Shoots during the summer for featured boats once a month we can do that! (of course for the right advertising package)
Want pics of a boat during the build process? It's free post the pics in from the mold... (If you aren't you are fucking up)

Members

Got something cool? Want it shot? Guess what we love boats!
Is it a V Drive?
Is it a Outdrive?
Is it a Outboard?
Is it a Jetboat?

We will shoot them all if it's anything cool / custom / story.

I don't give a shit!! Send me a cell pic, and I'll tell you if we are bringing the team out.

Here's some examples of shit I wouldn't even question.. but you want to know what I love more than the following list? Home Built!

Is it Jet Boat - B1 Racing? Kornowski? Peterson? Jetboat? yeah we are hooking up like prom night..
Is it a V drive - Mike King / Anderson / Brummett / Prime / GT (old school) / or a 100 others? Is it a home built? WE ARE Cummin! (pun intended)
Is it an Outdrive - 100's of shops built bad ass shit.. even shops you've never heard of "Global Marine?"
Is it a surface Drive - Arneson? 6 drives? etc?
Is it an Outboard - Please tell me it's a bad ass Mach 22... pretty please? How about a Cougar? Is it a new DCB? MTI? Dough Wright / Wright Performance?

Bring it to me or near me, and we will shoot it.

There is no excuse at this point for the manufacturers, especially the ones that pay us. There's no excuse if you have a bad ass boat that we aren't putting it on the cover.

If you are passionate about boats, we are as well..

Send pics and we are either gonna swipe left or right.. or talk about roses..
949-678-8369.

(For the old guys that was my attempt at a dating app joke.. I've never personally been on one so I don't know if I did it right)

RD

Last edited:

JFMFG

Reaction score
That was Stacy's 12 pack of corona seltzers and one 24 ounce blood beer enchilada deals..

Kids are up and my sons in my garage now.. so I'm watching him half asleep master an 80's toy he got for his birthday.

RD
Nice lol

procraftkev

Reaction score
I sure hope your ok and praying for a favorable outcome.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
And for my final trick tonight I'm gonna tell ya what "Mr Wonderful" said in his little 20 second Tik Tok video that resonated with me...

He mentioned if you lie to your wife you are gonna get caught.. You might recover from it, but from there on out the trust is 50%.

The same is in business. You lie to your customers, you are gonna get caught... and from then on out you lost 50% of your equity.

Couple big things for me with RDP.

1. RDP never goes down. We are like FB in that regard. Now it's a bit ironic saying that shit after the recent attacks... because we went up and down like Linda Lovelace.. But after 14 years of service, I can promise you that this has been one of the most reliable websites on the web. More so than any of our competitors, and to tell you the truth I'd put our history up against the entire web, and I'd bet we'd be in the 99 percentile.

2. We don't lie or fake the funk to our users.. I will never lie for money. Nor will I change my core values for money. I have always been a poster first, and website owner 2nd. That's why I get so god damn offended when some jerk off attacks my character (which they do in every situation).. Have I deleted somethings? Yes. I did it for reasons that are "noble" I promise you.. I can't explain them publicly, but in every instance there was a reason. It wasn't because some mfg asked me too even if they advertise with me.. That's going back all the way to 07. and I have had some very uncomfortable conversations because of those principals.. so save the soap boxes if I do delete something it's because of some god damn reason I promise you don't know.

3. RDP is a place to escape work for a few minutes a day to be at the river.. To be on vacay.. IT ISN'T SOME PLACE TO PROVE SOME POINT OR ARGUE THE FINER POINTS OF BULLSHIT TO THE POINT WHERE NOBODY CARES.. Just relax, have fun, remember that beer at the river or the desert Saturday night and look at pics.. That's what this place is for. Nothing else, nothing more. If you aren't doing that, than you are posting for the wrong reasons.

4. We never intended to be the biggest, we just intended to be the best.. Somewhere down the line I lost the focus.. I promise you we are going back. Fuck the haters, and the dicks, and the people that are negative.. WE are heading back to good times. It isn't about clicks, it's about vibe.

And that my friends.. Well that sums up the most HONEST NIGHT YOU ARE GONNA HAVE ON RDP!

This thread is in memory of my friend Gene Willen. Who would be laughing his ass off right now and calling me as soon as he got to work saying "Fuck those guys Dave.. you don't need em!"

We will forever miss you buddy... RIP

RD

RCDave

Reaction score
Awesome RD. So happy to hear about the results.

Crazy world we live in right now

Jay Dub

Reaction score
Strangely I saw this video the other night on FB which was actually a Tik Tok Video that was shown on here..

If I see one of these videos I'll jump down the rabbit hole like we did tonight. I don't give a shit about 99% of the stuff on there, to be blunt most of it is dumb beyond dumb.

I'm there for a couple reasons.. I like that stupid song where the girls ask the questions to it while banging their fists together vertically (if ya know ya know). I like the quick clips from the billionaires telling broke dicks how to be successful, aaaaannnnndddd. I like the cute animal videos.. LOL.

One of them billionaires "mr wonderful" on shark tank. (Not my favorite FYI, which I could go on about that) Said something that really affected me.

To tell you the truth it isn't important what it was, because everyone is gonna have their own thing.. I'm just gonna say it resonated with me a little bit.

I scroll past another 50 vids to get to the next one and it's Grant the real estate guy.. Someone whom makes more money than me recently asked me if I listen to him and I said "He's a douche". Now granted at the time I barely listened to anything he said but the one thing I heard was kinda bullshit.. He makes some points now that I heard him more, but he's still a small time hustler.. I don't give a shit if he's got (according to him 167 in the bank).

So we come to a cross roads with me.

I love money... fuck I Love gambling. Most of you wouldn't know but there is some straight Ballers and Hitters on this website. There's many millionaires, several 100+.. and to my knowledge there's 2 with a "B" as in Billionaires.

You know what I love more than money? Satisfaction in life. To tell you the truth I think Elon Musk is the richest man in the world today, not because he chased the dollar, but because he chased his passion, and his passion aligned with the dollars.

For awhile, being crippled, I lost my passion.. I didn't want to get on a boat and write it up because this thing caused me so much pain, that it's both conscious and subconscious... It just kinda withered in terms of passion for myself.

I hired a guy and he's been doing a kick ass job. Michael is his name, and he's the video editor.. That video he did on Mike Moralezes's interview.. I damn near want to start a separate thread on that. The videos he's put out for rdp and Trdp have been good to exceptional. The videos he put out on the DCB regatta (which I was in Hawaii) holy shit balls.. Might as well rename him George Lucas.

You tell me this is a boating website. You tell me we need "more".. I try to put up at least one boating content thing a day, most days 2-3. If you are participating where are you at? You'd rather argue Lances crash into the ground.. Speed UTV for 100 pages.. but not put up one photo of your own? Not one video? (we have that too!). But strangely there's less comments on bad ass boating shit that we put out?

Before anyone says to me "I thought this was a boating website" ask yourselves what do you put up to make it one? Because I promise I put up more than anyone.

___________________ Depressed ___________________________

I'm depressed because I subbed my work out to someone else.. I'm depressed because once again I got caught up in making money instead of chasing my passions of writing, driving, and experiencing what life has to offer.

I'm depressed, because if we are being honest... I've never lied to you guys.. but even before I broke my ankle for awhile I didn't give it my all. There was more to be done, and better than anyone else.

I'm depressed because I know I can do it better, I know I can bring it to the market, and I know the market will be happier with what I brought.

At this stage in the game, I don't think there's anyone else that can do it better and I'm not doing it at all.. I'm subbing it.. If we are looking in our hearts and being truthful... You know it and I know it. The same mags that lied before aren't gonna start telling the truth now.

All the mfg's know it too if you're curious..

Part 8... The fucker coming up.

RD
damn

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Is there a cliffs notes version of this?

Does he have the rona or not? I can’t take the day off from work to find out in part 37.

You are gonna have to take the day off.. LOL.. but no Rona.

RD

Jay Dub

Reaction score
And for my final trick tonight I'm gonna tell ya what "Mr Wonderful" said in his little 20 second Tik Tok video that resonated with me...

He mentioned if you lie to your wife you are gonna get caught.. You might recover from it, but from there on out the trust is 50%.

The same is in business. You lie to your customers, you are gonna get caught... and from then on out you lost 50% of your equity.

Couple big things for me with RDP.

1. RDP never goes down. We are like FB in that regard. Now it's a bit ironic saying that shit after the recent attacks... because we went up and down like Linda Lovelace.. But after 14 years of service, I can promise you that this has been one of the most reliable websites on the web. More so than any of our competitors, and to tell you the truth I'd put our history up against the entire web, and I'd bet we'd be in the 99 percentile.

2. We don't lie or fake the funk to our users.. I will never lie for money. Nor will I change my core values for money. I have always been a poster first, and website owner 2nd. That's why I get so god damn offended when some jerk off attacks my character (which they do in every situation).. Have I deleted somethings? Yes. I did it for reasons that are "noble" I promise you.. I can't explain them publicly, but in every instance there was a reason. It wasn't because some mfg asked me too even if they advertise with me.. That's going back all the way to 07. and I have had some very uncomfortable conversations because of those principals.. so save the soap boxes if I do delete something it's because of some god damn reason I promise you don't know.

3. RDP is a place to escape work for a few minutes a day to be at the river.. To be on vacay.. IT ISN'T SOME PLACE TO PROVE SOME POINT OR ARGUE THE FINER POINTS OF BULLSHIT TO THE POINT WHERE NOBODY CARES.. Just relax, have fun, remember that beer at the river or the desert Saturday night and look at pics.. That's what this place is for. Nothing else, nothing more. If you aren't doing that, than you are posting for the wrong reasons.

4. We never intended to be the biggest, we just intended to be the best.. Somewhere down the line I lost the focus.. I promise you we are going back. Fuck the haters, and the dicks, and the people that are negative.. WE are heading back to good times. It isn't about clicks, it's about vibe.

And that my friends.. Well that sums up the most HONEST NIGHT YOU ARE GONNA HAVE ON RDP!

This thread is in memory of my friend Gene Willen. Who would be laughing his ass off right now and calling me as soon as he got to work saying "Fuck those guys Dave.. you don't need em!"

We will forever miss you buddy... RIP

RD
damn Dave. You are an excellent writer. Thank you for bearing your soul to us. We all can take some lessons here.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
damn Dave. You are an excellent writer. Thank you for bearing your soul to us. We all can take some lessons here.

Well the point of the thread was to say... I built this place with a beer and a handshake. I always did my best do deliver the best content I could, and we were always more honest than anyone else in the industry, which is why we have the numbers that we have.

I'm going to try and get back to that..

Oh and I'm leaving for Key West with H20 Toie next week.. :p
RD

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Depressed and depression are two very different things. I’ve battled with depression my entire adult life and take medication, thankfully, to manage it. The medication and the doctor who figured it out changed my life and my marriage, truly grateful for that. There were times when I was like fuck it, everyone would be better off without me, I have $4 million in life insurance, tax free, my wife will be set, she could travel the world without a care in the world for the rest of her life, those were some scary times in hindsight.

Can’t even count all the times people said “how the hell could he be depressed” who have no idea what depression as a diagnoses really is.

Last edited:

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Keep your passion going it's what you have always wanted. Mandate more private time with your family, go on short trips together (alone), and turn off the phone now and then.

Prioritize your activities and focus on your businesses and don't feel obligated to make everyone happy.

Get to feeling better and hope to see you again one day.

Reactions: mjc

Blubyu

Reaction score
It happens... Happens to the best of us man, good on you for recognizing it, laying it out there, and wanting to get back to the whole thing that made this place what it was in the beginning. This place is an outlet for us, you've got that right, it is theapry honestly for some, including me. This place got me through some tough nights when I was working nights on patrol, I am thankful for that.

Depression is a real deal, Dave... I lived in denial for a long time, telling myself there is no way, depression is fake, it's a choice and etc. A lot of us on here have type A personalities, and our egos won't let us show we are suffering. We will hide it, and some hide it till it's too late and something bad happens. See a doctor man, the best thing I ever did.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
I hate being sick and the fear of sick
Get those vitamins D3,Zinc and the C as well in you . Just not on an empty stomach

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
It happens... Happens to the best of us man, good on you for recognizing it, laying it out there, and wanting to get back to the whole thing that made this place what it was in the beginning. This place is an outlet for us, you've got that right, it is theapry honestly for some, including me. This place got me through some tough nights when I was working nights on patrol, I am thankful for that.

Depression is a real deal, Dave... I lived in denial for a long time, telling myself there is no way, depression is fake, it's a choice and etc. A lot of us on here have type A personalities, and our egos won't let us show we are suffering. We will hide it, and some hide it till it's too late and something bad happens. See a doctor man, the best thing I ever did.
Hats off to you, getting a handle on it changed my life. And being able to admit it now is similar to being a recovering alcoholic or drug user I would assume, the first step is admitting it.

riverroyal

Reaction score
my diagnosis is your upset at Robbie. Just kidding....
On a serious note, the human body changes through out life. Your chemistry changes. Theres a small handful of chemicals like serotonin, adrenaline etc. If these get slightly out of balance it will effect you. It could effect your gut which then effects your mind, on and on. These changes occur in every human, it effects some more than others.
Dont think for a second depression cant hit anyone at anytime, it can and does.
You mind racing typing that novel set off chemicals in your body. Thats how it works.
I started having panic/anxiety attacks maybe 15years ago. No reason, no trigger that could think of. It was crippling for a long time. I missed out some fun things because of it. I have a handle on it now, but its real and its a crazy ride.

In a nut shell your not happy with yourself unless you give 110%, during the moment of giving 70% your fine, probably enjoying that time. Its later it catches up to you, which is when the brain and chemical start to blend.

oldschool

Reaction score
Dave,
You’ve built a kick ass playground here, not only for you but also for a bunch of others that share the same interests. But, along with that comes the good and the bad(and the stupid). Your philosophy of staying true to what you believe, before chasing a buck, is spot on and some won’t agree with you(fuck em). The quickest way to failure is trying to please everyone.
I can say that I truly appreciate this place and most of the points of views.

samsah33

Reaction score
I've had the good fortune to meet a lot of wealthy people throughout my career, and the one universal trait I've noticed is that they're not in it for the money. Despite the fact that their income could eclipse the GDP of many small nation-states, they're still turning on the lights in the morning and turning off the lights at night. It ain't about the money, it's about loving what you do, and doing it to the best of your ability. Congrats on your success.

HBCraig

Reaction score
It was negative.. I just spent 8 hrs getting to the point of all the thoughts that went through my head in 15 minutes.
Either way, you are good with the meds you have stocked up on. I am stocking up on all the meds in case anyone in my immediate family gets it.

HBCraig

Reaction score
@RiverDave that's why I post pics of the cranes I sell. I think they are super cool and every single one is unique from custom paint, big winches, aluminum rims that cost upwards of 50K, etc

I hope people like seeing them. Much like the ballers in here, the crane owners have deep pockets. Really deep. They are almost all super cool dudes that drink beer and love fast and loud shit

Be proud of what your passion is

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Getting back to one of your points.

I think you should keep your great content creator you hired and then you also write some articles. Those two things add a lot of value.

You can call yours the “editors“ block or something. You can take yore time and it will be well written. We will all read it because it will be pearls.

In the meantime the content creator can keep the place stocked with content and we have something new to read on a regular basis.

Just my $.02

Reactions: DWC

ahavasu

Reaction score
Man this was literally one of the best threads I've ever read on here. It was REAL and deep and resonated with me in so many ways. These struggles and thoughts are so real with so many going through the same things. Great thread Dave, looking forward to more RDP moving forward.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Good, I kind of thought for a while this place was turning into Reddit.

BasilHayden

Reaction score
Honest and no bullshit. That is why I first began lurking here so many years ago. Proud to be a friend and never questioned advertising. In the beginning just wanted to support you as I saw the site growing. Now its a place to escape from the crap we are all dealing with in society. Sure the dicks find a way to come in stir the pot, but in general if you want an honest answer its in the feedback on a thread, you just have to look for it sometimes.

Dave you have built a great community and your honest representation of yourself is why most are here.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Glad to hear you tested negative RD, that was a fun look into your mental ramblings!

You write well, your life is some amazing adventure for sure! Everyone needs to reflect on these types of feelings occasionally, it helps guide you back on track to where you want to go, not where life has lead you.

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
Awesome thread RD. Glad the results were negative. Stay healthy.

Pro-Tip: On yore next visit to Mexico, make sure you buy the Mexican version of Vicks VaporRub.

Reactions: DWC