WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SJP - LHC House Garage - project

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
So I have been putting this project off for a couple years to see exactly how I liked working in the garages at my place. I have a detached RV and extended 3 Car boat deep on the house. Both garages have cutouts instead of shearing walls which make for nice workspaces. I actually work (hobby) in the garage (weld, grind, general toy maintenance) so I am really trying to couple that with making the space look nice. Finally I enjoy garage boating. :D

In the RV garage I put in a loft when we first moved in. Great move - stores the seasonal items and keeps a lot off the floor. It has a winch come along on the metal I beam. Also using the I beam saves you from poles and wasting floor space. More on that later. I will post some bett pics in this thread I just wanted to get it started.

First thing is getting house garage cleaned out and moved over to RV garage. I had no idea how much stuff was in there. Decided to do this project while my boat is @ Barrett's. Multitasking.

image.jpg

Clean slate. Time to layout cabinets, make some descions on floor coating, lighting, and reararange items on walls. Kind of a pita but after doing this project @ my place in HB it is easier to do this all at once.

image.jpg

TrojanDan

Reaction score
Is Joker epoxying your Havasu garage floors? I remember pm-ing him back in Nov and he mentioned he was possibly doing your floors this January. I am game for epoxy floors here in Havasu if he ventures into it. :cool He wasn't quite sure how long the bead blasting would take here in Havasu.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Is Joker epoxying your Havasu garage floors? I remember pm-ing him back in Nov and he mentioned he was possibly doing your floors this January. I am game for epoxy floors here in Havasu if he ventures into it. :cool He wasn't quite sure how long the bead blasting would take here in Havasu.

We are working out options right now. Regardless floors are getting done.

*** Below is a rough Version 1 mock up of the cabinenents and benches going in. I will keep updating as I rev the design. It will then go to www.baldheadcabinets.com for a CAD drawing.

image.png

TrojanDan

Reaction score
Looks nice. I'd throw in a utility sink next to the water softener if you don't already have one in the garage. :cool

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Looks nice. I'd throw in a utility sink next to the water softener if you don't already have one in the garage. :cool

Good idea. The problem with all of this is space is such a premium. I do not want to box myself in but I know what organized chaos looks like as well so anyway. My laundry room right inside has a sink but one in the garage... I have always thought of putting a head in the RV garage. IDK working on getting Joker to do the floors.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Rev 1 mockups came back from Peter @ Baldhead

lockers.png

bench.png

El Guapo

HAVING FUN
Reaction score
Gonna be Bad Azz... love the work bench area....

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Electrical work in progress.
* Accent 4 inch cans for the cabinets
* a bunch of 6 inch cans to light up the garage
* reconfigure outlets around bench
* build enclosure around water heater and HVAC

image.jpg

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
It was a pita working around sprinklers and what not but they got it done. Patch and paint next in preparation for Joker and I to do the floors. Lava flow

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sandlord

Reaction score
Do you think the light form the cans is going to be enough?
I'm trying to decide between cans and fluorescent lighting now. which is better?

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Do you think the light form the cans is going to be enough?
I'm trying to decide between cans and fluorescent lighting now. which is better?

I did this project in my HB garage and the cans are awesome. Best part is they are dim-able and I put even more density in the one in this thread. There is going to be a ton of light in garage.

Boat211

Reaction score
Looks bitchin. I really enjoy seeing everyone's bad ass garages.

Reactions: SJP

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Paint was completed and rough wall for HVAC in place. Time for floor prep with Joker.

image.jpg

Filled in the joints and started to acid wash floor.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ready for primer and epoxy tomorrow.

image.jpg

CoronaChris

Reaction score
looks great....I would love to do my garage floor but I think I would ruin it.

I can do your floor for you. $3.50 sq ft fully flaked polyaspartic clear coat out of corona also. How come you didn't fully flake this floor? looks like you just used epoxy base, hate to break it to you but that floor is going to fade, epoxies are not uv stable. also would have left the expansion joints they are there for a reason. I starting to sound like a player hater but just wonder why? pricing?

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I was kinda wondering about the expansion joints too.

Joker

Reaction score
I can do your floor for you. $3.50 sq ft fully flaked polyaspartic clear coat out of corona also. How come you didn't fully flake this floor? looks like you just used epoxy base, hate to break it to you but that floor is going to fade, epoxies are not uv stable. also would have left the expansion joints they are there for a reason. I starting to sound like a player hater but just wonder why? pricing?

FYI, all you are seeing is a primer. We are doing a lava flow floor. I understand if left alone it will fade. This is what I do.
With regards to the joints, I fill every joint on every floor and they don't transfer. I'm not about to squeegee out a polyaspartic and have it 1" thick in the joints.
This floor won't even touch $3.50.[emoji115]

CoronaChris

Reaction score
versatile lava floor and 4195 whisper grey epoxy. just never understood the joint fill, I like the fact that if the product got damaged or the concrete cracked and took the coating you can fix a section within the joints. this is what i do to and you should look into a dust vac instead of hosing the place out, epoxy and water dont mix.. just saying

Joker

Reaction score
versatile lava floor and 4195 whisper grey epoxy. just never understood the joint fill, I like the fact that if the product got damaged or the concrete cracked and took the coating you can fix a section within the joints. this is what i do to and you should look into a dust vac instead of hosing the place out, epoxy and water dont mix.. just saying

Thanks, I have that as well.[emoji106]
I'm not going to argue about how to's. Everybody has their method and I understand what an expansion joint is for as does the owner. There's a possibility it will crack.
Btw, I hate doing floors and am thankful I don't make a living doing them.[emoji106]
$3.50 is better than the lowball numbers I've seen out there for chips.

CoronaChris

Reaction score
I'm not going to argue about how to's. Everybody has their method and I understand what an expansion joint is for as does the owner. There's a possibility it will crack.
Btw, I hate doing floors and am thankful I don't make a living doing them.[emoji106]

no argument at all just doing my part to make sure the coating industry doesnt get a black eye, lots of failures out there due to improper prep, it's an easy fix. best of luck to you within the industry cant wait to see the finished lava flow floor.

JBS

Reaction score
FYI, all you are seeing is a primer. We are doing a lava flow floor. I understand if left alone it will fade. This is what I do.
With regards to the joints, I fill every joint on every floor and they don't transfer. I'm not about to squeegee out a polyaspartic and have it 1" thick in the joints.
This floor won't even touch $3.50.[emoji115]

John send me a price on my garage. 30'X38' I will help. Have all the floor equipment manual and walk behind scrubber.

Bring the wife and we can hit Steak 44 after

Joker

Reaction score
John send me a price on my garage. 30'X38' I will help. Have all the floor equipment manual and walk behind scrubber.

Bring the wife and we can hit Steak 44 after

Jeff,
I told Sam this is the last floor I'm doing. I'd rather collect aluminum.[emoji1]

TCHB

Reaction score

I did my floors by myself which is nothing like this job. Much more work in this project. I am sure it will look great and hold up.

I learned a lot today about the products and the install.

Joker

Reaction score
I did my floors by myself which is nothing like this job. Much more work in this project. I am sure it will look great and hold up.

I learned a lot today about the products and the install.

Thanks for your help Tony. See you tomorrow

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Cool day - tomorrow putting down the clear and the color is going to be awesome. :thumbsup

Joker - Good times. :thumbsup -- Appreciate you coming out to crank this out. RV garage is next. :D

Looking forward to seeing the garage completed (paint, floors, cabinents, and finishing). Joker did my garage in HB and the joints have held up awesome. It is a super trick / clean look and functional -- cleaning between joints is no fun if you actually use your garage. In HB I park cars, weld and do a bunch of work on the floors and it has held up perfect. :thumbsup This is why I talked him into coming out to Havasu. :D

TCHB thank you for helping us as well. Having the man power there makes things run smoother. :thumbsup

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Jeff,
I told Sam this is the last floor I'm doing. I'd rather collect aluminum.[emoji1]

Either you or my neighbor is going to have to help me fix mine [emoji12]

Caydens Cat

all I got was a t-shirt
Reaction score
Looks really cool! Nice touch with filling the seems, never thought of that.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
This is by far the coolest garage floor I have seen. :thumbup::thumbup:

I used to offer garage coating and surfacing. I just could never make any money at it and you have to go back 3 or 4 times. I get where Joker is coming from except I already took all the aluminum. :D

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Appreciate all of the positive feedback. It went on quick this morning and the weather cooperated - nice cool day in Havasu with no wind. Floor has been curing all day and has hardened. When the light hits the floor pretty cool stuff. Looking forward to checking out tomorrow when I walk it. Definetly not for everybody but I really like it and came out like I thought it would. Looking forward to next phase of project - finishing the lighting / electrical and waiting on cabinents to ship from Oregon. :thumbup:

Joker awesome job on this floor - It is killer!! :thumbsup Thank you.

SJP

Joker

Reaction score
Appreciate all of the positive feedback. It went on quick this morning and the weather cooperated - nice cool day in Havasu with no wind. Floor has been curing all day and has hardened. When the light hits the floor pretty cool stuff. Looking forward to checking out tomorrow when I walk it. Definetly not for everybody but I really like it and came out like I thought it would. Looking forward to next phase of project - finishing the lighting / electrical and waiting on cabinents to ship from Oregon. :thumbup:

Joker awesome job on this floor - It is killer!! :thumbsup Thank you.

SJP

As I read you say "the next phase" I about fell to the floor. The last floor I will do in 2016 looks great. :)
Yourself, your Pops and Tony all helped make this happen.:thumbup:

JBS

Reaction score
As I read you say "the next phase" I about fell to the floor. The last floor I will do in 2016 looks great. :)

So you're saying there is a chance :D

Joker

Reaction score
So you're saying there is a chance :D

Very slight, we have a better chance of going to Steak44 with you guys once football season starts back up though. :)

JBS

Reaction score
Very slight, we have a better chance of going to Steak44 with you guys once football season starts back up though. :)

Sounds like a great plan :thumbup:

Singleton

Reaction score

What, not going to do SJP's RV garage.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
John I'll have the garage cleaned out for you next weekend.

GET SOME

Reaction score
Looks great.. Saw your morning commute this morning. Adams to harbor jeeps looked great

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Looks great.. Saw your morning commute this morning. Adams to harbor jeeps looked great

Thank you - hard to fly under the radar and hide in that thing :D - I had my dad fixing a few things on my daily driver so I was driving around town.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Small projects - hitting the wall... Waiting on the right door to come in to cover the HVAC and water heater. Sent the painters back in to re texture so it blends better.... Once that is completed the electrical can get finished off. All the while the subs are running around town on real projects so this is getting no attention. :D The cabinets are shipping today -- hopefully in garage will be ready for them. :thumbsup

Gelcoater

Reaction score
That floor looks awesome!:thumbup:

And damn Joker,you're like an artist &shit.
A shame that's your last floor.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Hey!
You guys suck me into following this cool ass garage rebuild and now no new pics?

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Hey!
You guys suck me into following this cool ass garage rebuild and now no new pics?

Patience :D - believe me this has moved much slower than I imagined. I had this in my head take place over three weeks including emptying it. I have been watching too many home shows on tv. This is also why guys wait till end of projects to start threads I guess. :D Anyway this little project has bridged the whole winter and into Spring.

Update - the cabinents will deliver on Thursday and I have confirmation from contractor they have finished off some of the trim pieces and elictrical (he always forgets to send me pics). This is the hardest part of not being full time Havasu is trying to manage venders there. Friday we should see cabinents and benches going in. I will be posting updated pics of room.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
And we're off! Bench and cabinents install underway.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Joker

Reaction score
Cabinets look good.[emoji106]