WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Skater 368, from the beginning.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I wasn't looking when I dropped it off on Saturday, but I'm reading your boat is there as well?
I've been tracking his Cig over there from afar... seems like he gave the lucky guy his daughters hand and still can't get boat done. I mean dang! But being the sweet guy he is.... no complaining

Tank

Reaction score
I wasn't looking when I dropped it off on Saturday, but I'm reading your boat is there as well?
I've been tracking his Cig over there from afar... seems like he gave the lucky guy his daughters hand and still can't get boat done. I mean dang! But being the sweet guy he is.... no complaining

Yeah, he's my son in law. Think our Cigarette is over in the warehouse at Maxed out, not at the shop. He's been doing an update project on it for over a year and a half. nearly everything has been touched. It's nearly done. Just some little stuff to finish up. He's gotta do the real jobs first though and take care of the customers. I get it. Its all good. Plus he has it running when we come out to use it most of the time so not like I haven't been able to boat this season or last. :) 👍

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Yeah, he's my son in law. Think our Cigarette is over in the warehouse at Maxed out, not at the shop. He's been doing an update project on it for over a year and a half. nearly everything has been touched. It's nearly done. Just some little stuff to finish up. He's gotta do the real jobs first though and take care of the customers. I get it. Its all good. Plus he has it running when we come out to use it most of the time so not like I haven't been able to boat this season or last. :) 👍
You know I'm just funning ya Tank.... next few months are Ocean running once winds calm.... I was jonesing so bad I just booked a 60' for our upcoming airshow in Huntington. The gal in my signature is the captain so should be a fun day. had no idea about abilities to rent great boats till she turned me onto www.getmyboat.com pretty slick concept. Win/ Win for us boatless types.

Tank

Reaction score
You know I'm just funning ya Tank.... next few months are Ocean running once winds calm.... I was jonesing so bad I just booked a 60' for our upcoming airshow in Huntington. The gal in my signature is the captain so should be a fun day. had no idea about abilities to rent great boats till she turned me onto www.getmyboat.com pretty slick concept. Win/ Win for us boatless types.
Oh, I'm jonsen hard with the way the weather's been lately and the water fairly flat. Just being patient. I get my boating fill though with friends in the area so it aint too bad.

I'll check out that link. 👍

RaceTec

Reaction score
Sorry to side track, but that looks like a bitchen way to do the airshow! Let me know if you need some backup! 🤣

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Sorry to side track, but that looks like a bitchen way to do the airshow! Let me know if you need some backup! 🤣
No harm done... side tracks & thread jacks welcome... Lord knows I'm guilty. I'm doing my best to keep headcount to small group so everyone gets a primo spot. I gave the vessel choice a lot of consideration for seating configuration..... its gonna be a good day; board @ 9 and deboard @ 6. I'll have two totally separate groups picking up and dropping off mid day @ Harbor Patrol pump out. Show runs 10:30- 4:30 and thats a long ass show so breaking away and hitting Emerald Bay might be a thing. The beauty of this rental concept is you've got the boat for entire day and can go wherever ya enjoy. [Fuels included ha] did somebody say Catalina? I imagine there'd be a surcharge for that. I'm just excited to get back on water... I sold my boat last winter and always did this show but dang is it a mess when everyone departs at once at the end and most head to Newport Harbor all at once. Stampede. I won't miss that part... really rough navigating all that chop... be nice to sit back and let a sexy captain gal deal with that for a change. Fun stuff.

Swain

Reaction score
My buddy booked the Penthouse at Pasea Hotel to watch it again, best view ever and sick room. I will get a picture of the boat and post it from a far.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
My buddy booked the Penthouse at Pasea Hotel to watch it again, best view ever and sick room. I will get a picture of the boat and post it from a far.
That'll be a great spot... have you done this show before? I've done each one [this might be 4th from memory] I heard they've got new participation so hope its improved experience from recent years. 1st one was best yet with Breitling jet team stealing show. here's the boat to capture if get a chance.... I'll have her drop chain in primo spot Friday around 10:30ish.

1632513292444.png

Swain

Reaction score
Ya we have been every year.

Pasea two years ago.

The Blue Angels are my favorite so that's gunna be fun to watch. If you are looking at the hotel its the top room on the left. Last time they had Snipers on the roof right above us it was bad ass

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Ya we have been every year.

Pasea two years ago.

The Blue Angels are my favorite so that's gunna be fun to watch. If you are looking at the hotel its the top room on the left. Last time they had Snipers on the roof right above us it was bad ass
Think I read the military will have bigger presence this year.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
We bailed out on the morning of day 9 or 10? I really don't recall. We rode through Wise river, re-supplied and had a flat 30 mile section of the "Scenic Byway" to ride. that 30 miles was absolutely excruciating for some reason. In any case, we camped at 9000' that night and woke to 24 degrees. Frost on everything, no-where to go to get warmed up. No fires allowed in Montana due to wild-fires.

We got dressed, hit the road. We rode one mile of flat, then 27 miles of climbing. We were planning on a big warm breakfast at a place called Russ Kipps "High Country Lodge" he's been a bike friendly place to get a meal and rest. We rode in and were greeted by a hunting guide. He told us Russ sold out and this place isn't like it was, we hunt and ride snowmachines. Well, I can talk hunting pretty fluently, he invited us in for coffee. We were completed shattered physically. We decided to bail at route mile 795 on day 9 (or 10)?

Brianna and I own some land off 278 there, and a bigger chunk up near Whitehall. Gets cold fast on that stretch. Lot of snakes and bears as well :oops: There are a lot of good people around there though as you obviously found. I'm sure AJ will get you taken care of...they are a solid shop we're a small potatoes customer, but they pick up and drop off and really give every customer a solid experience.

How was the flight out of Butte? Getting into this time of year its usually windy as hell and a bit unpleasant lol!

Hope to see you on the water next weekend, I think we fly in Thursday.

Reactions: DWC

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Did a little recon yesterday to get ahead of parking issues etc..... Boats named Fan Club. Looks just right for event viewing...

Attachments

• Fan Club 60' seaRay Rental 10.1.21.jpg
    Fan Club 60' seaRay Rental 10.1.21.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 82

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I've been following this thread on and off - Hopefully Barrett can get you squared away. I can imagine the frustration in not having your brand new build working how it should be, but hopefully you and your family will have years of enjoyment with your boat once you have the bugs worked out.

FYI, I took my boat to BCM for some work after being disappointed at the lack of detail and communication too many times with the local PHX shop that I had been using for 10+ years, and so far I am very impressed. I made an appt several weeks out, one week in advance of my appt they called me to confirm the time and review the work to be done, and they got right on it when I dropped off my boat. They found several maintenance items that should have been caught by my previous shop, and I will be bringing the boat back out to AJ to get everything taken care of sometime this fall.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
I've been following this thread on and off - Hopefully Barrett can get you squared away. I can imagine the frustration in not having your brand new build working how it should be, but hopefully you and your family will have years of enjoyment with your boat once you have the bugs worked out.

FYI, I took my boat to BCM for some work after being disappointed at the lack of detail and communication too many times with the local PHX shop that I had been using for 10+ years, and so far I am very impressed. I made an appt several weeks out, one week in advance of my appt they called me to confirm the time and review the work to be done, and they got right on it when I dropped off my boat. They found several maintenance items that should have been caught by my previous shop, and I will be bringing the boat back out to AJ to get everything taken care of sometime this fall.

Thanks for that. I think Barrett will get it. He's gone further, faster to figure it out than all the other prior visits to the other shop.

I'm sitting in the library at the Islander right now, catching up on some work. I'm looking out the window at my boat parked up front sitting on the trailer. My biggest disappointment is my son so badly wanted the whole family to go out and enjoy it together. 😢

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I think Barrett will get it. He's gone further, faster to figure it out than all the other prior visits to the other shop.

I'm sitting in the library at the Islander right now, catching up on some work. I'm looking out the window at my boat parked up front sitting on the trailer. My biggest disappointment is my son so badly wanted the whole family to go out and enjoy it together. 😢
Sorry to hear all this Steve.... I'm getting in a bit late on thread posts.... given that this is a fresh Skater build, aren't they responsible for all mechanical issues over a warranty period? I'm guessing they're simply allowing you to get issues resolved locally at shop of your choice? Customer experience has to be their #1 concern I should imagine.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Sorry to hear all this Steve.... I'm getting in a bit late on thread posts.... given that this is a fresh Skater build, aren't they responsible for all mechanical issues over a warranty period? I'm guessing they're simply allowing you to get issues resolved locally at shop of your choice? Customer experience has to be their #1 concern I should imagine.
Skater has been 100% open checkbook on this deal. I have not spent a single dollar on any repairs as yet.

Their communication with Barrett is daily. As is mine.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Skater has been 100% open checkbook on this deal. I have not spent a single dollar on any repairs as yet.

Their communication with Barrett is daily. As is mine.
There we go, thanks. As it should be. As business men we've all experienced what one disgruntled customers feedback can do in a tightly woven market segment. Now I'll go over to Big Dan and see what the story on his new Cig is....

DBR

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to see your boat at Barrett a couple days ago. It was absolutely magnificent. Can't even imagine anything nicer.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to see your boat at Barrett a couple days ago. It was absolutely magnificent. Can't even imagine anything nicer.
Thank you for that. I'm hoping to make a trip out this week to pick it up if its done.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Back at the Islander. Much different crowd this time of year
Yea, I think I will change my recreation schedule. Cabin, Summer months and boat October onward.

Think it’s fixed. AJ and I ran from the Islander to the springs and back with no issues. Ran the balance of the day at “wife speed” with no problems

Gonna go for another rip this morning before we head home.

DWC

Reaction score
Yea, I think I will change my recreation schedule. Cabin, Summer months and boat October onward.

Think it’s fixed. AJ and I ran from the Islander to the springs and back with no issues. Ran the balance of the day at “wife speed” with no problems

Outstanding news. That has to feel really good to get it going.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
That

Thats great Steve. Congrats. It's been a very long time in coming.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
That's a beautiful, "screen saver" worthy pic. Even better, hearing that the boat is sorted out.
Put on some hoodies and clock some hours! Or, I hear Florida is nice this time of year.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
You've been a patient man.... happy you are up n runnin! Time to enjoy.... now where's the vids fellas! .... we know there's plenty of fans on RDP who will be stalking now

Meaney77

Reaction score
Awesome to hear, glad you worked out the bugs. This has been a great thread to follow!

Tank

Reaction score
Steve, super happy the issue(s) have been resolved. AJ and I spoke regularly about it and I gotta say, he was pinpoint focused and determined to fix this and get you back on the water and happy. It went further than just wanting to get it fixed, he really was wholly determined and committed to getting you to a happy place. Hopefully he succeeded.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Steve, super happy the issue(s) have been resolved. AJ and I spoke regularly about it and I gotta say, he was pinpoint focused and determined to fix this and get you back on the water and happy. It went further than just wanting to get it fixed, he really was wholly determined and committed to getting you to a happy place. Hopefully he succeeded.

View attachment 1064318

Thanks Tank. In all honesty, the only thing that kept me from jumping off of a tall building on this whole deal was AJ and his persistence. As he said, there wasn't a smoking gun, just a bunch of small contributing factors.

We put about 6 hours on it yesterday and this morning. I leaned on it pretty good a bunch to "test" the fixes. It always threw codes at higher RPM's, No problems.

jnmn

Reaction score
Hey Steve, Super Happy that you can enjoy your SWEET ride finally! Sorry to hear all the stuff you had to endure!

And a big Shout out to AJ and Crew for not giving up!

Now its time to ENJOY!

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Hey Steve, Super Happy that you can enjoy your SWEET ride finally! Sorry to hear all the stuff you had to endure!

And a big Shout out to AJ and Crew for not giving up!

Now its time to ENJOY!

Thanks Brother. I know you're getting the beginnings of winter back there. This weekend was absolutely brilliant. 92 yesterday like 88 Today.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Wife and I had a cool thing happen this morning. It was about 9 or so, we had just exited the Channel on the north end. We got to the end of the no-wake and put it on plane. I was driving across the bay to get on the right side and there was a float plane coming down, matching my speed. He dipped it in the water, pulled up to about 3 feet off the deck and held it. We ran side by side at the exact same speed probably 2 miles, probably 150 feet apart. He pulled up, waved and off he went.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
So what was ultimately the issue after all? Pretty awesome that it’s finally done and you got to push the sticks finally a lot of us have been waiting patiently behind you on this. Not even mine yet i know i got the chills hearing that little video Tank posted. Congrats to you and AJ for getting her done.