WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Skater 368, from the beginning.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Ok gotcha. Gonna be sweet. When is expected delivery at this point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Ok gotcha. Gonna be sweet. When is expected delivery at this point?

Once it’s in paint...5-6 weeks there. Rigging, 6 weeks “or so”. Plus some time between paint and rigging. I’m thinking I’m gonna be back at Skater in November.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Also, I asked that the "368" across the rear be ghosted not bold. But, I'm gonna let the artist be the artist.

You planning on Miami for the first run or storing it all offseason?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Pretty sure MTI has a female painter these days
Ahh ok. It may have been MTI I was thinking of. I saw some of her work on Instagram and was impressed. Also not often you see a woman in the shop in this industry.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Ahh ok. It may have been MTI I was thinking of. I saw some of her work on Instagram and was impressed. Also not often you see a woman in the shop in this industry.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Nope, I believe you were correct. She was at Skater for a bit. Again, I only hear this shit second hand but that's what I heard.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Don't think so. I live 15 minutes from Lake Pleasant. I'll take the winter to get some seat time. My limit of travel to events likely extends to Big Cat, LOTO and DS.

I’m 20 minutes from pleasant so I may see you out there during the off season.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Whats your cross streets? I'm LPP & Happy Valley.

Sonoran Desert Drive and North Valley Parkway

Good friend of mine just started building a Shea home at 72nd Ave and Jomax.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Its taken some time, but the booth is now mine until it's done. It was in the booth for one day a couple months ago for a final coat of primer. The 438 in front of me is done. Steve the painter has estimated 5-6 weeks to paint mine. Should prove an interesting process.

booth1.jpg

booth2.jpg

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Fantastic! Looks awesome already. I’ll be needing a ride when it’s done or at least a race just give me a head start.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I wish I could see a time lapse of the paint process. That will be an amazing transition, with lots of paint and work in the process.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Did you watch the YouTube I put up in here? It’s also a 368 and sort of a time lapse.
No, I didn't. I look for it...

How many gallons of red are they going to have to use? Never seen it by the drum ;)

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Thank you!
My God, that is a lot of work...taping and masking alone! Seeing that answered a question I had: It looks like they pre-paint a walkway. I have trouble reaching the center of a roof, and these guys do show quality paint on a boat 12ft wide 🤔

I spent quite some time texting the painter today. He said the first few days he spends “plotting” the graphic package from a one dimensional print to a three dimensional surface. It plots the curves, radius’ and distances to assist in the complicated masking and taping. Point is, he uses a computer to help lay it out on the boat but it is all still essentially done by hand.

It’s going to be cool to watch it go down.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I spent quite some time texting the painter today. He said the first few days he spends “plotting” the graphic package from a one dimensional print to a three dimensional surface. It plots the curves, radius’ and distances to assist in the complicated masking and taping. Point is, he uses a computer to help lay it out on the boat but it is all still essentially done by hand.

It’s going to be cool to watch it go down.
Something that large I can understand taking so much time to plot points. I've cheated and used old overhead projectors for plotting walls, stuff that you can't just stand back and look for square or base line. Doing this with vinyl, tape and paper, very cool.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
did they happen to weigh the boat before and after the painting process?

They claim it to be ~4200#. I was having this discussion Saturday with another member. Not sure how accurate that is.

I'm expecting some color today or tomorrow.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
They claim it to be ~4200#. I was having this discussion Saturday with another member. Not sure how accurate that is.

I'm expecting some color today or tomorrow.
The paint probably weighs about 7lbs a gallon, but I imagine a lot of the weight evaporates. Dunno 🤔

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
No, I didn't. I look for it...

How many gallons of red are they going to have to use? Never seen it by the drum ;)

I asked the painter this question for you. He said the computer will tell him the total when done. But he’s used three gallons of red to get a base coat down (what you see now)

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
That dash shot really struck me as to the scale of this big girl. :oops:

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
So exciting for you eh?! To watch this beauty come to life.....Way cool

Yes it is. A Skater has been pretty much a lifelong goal of mine.

I began looking at used probably 4 years ago. I couldn’t find anything that was a must have. I was back and forth for a long while.

Wife and I made the mistake of making a trip to Skater. A week after that trip, I signed a contract, and sent the deposit.

It really hit me when Tony confirmed receipt of deposit and stated, “Welcome to the Skater family, Steve”

Believe me, it’s surreal to me still.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

I began looking at used probably 4 years ago. I couldn’t find anything that was a must have. I was back and forth for a long while.

Wife and I made the mistake of making a trip to Skater. A week after that trip, I signed a contract, and sent the deposit.

It really hit me when Tony confirmed receipt of deposit and stated, “Welcome to the Skater family, Steve”

I bet..... great to see dreams and fantasies like yours come to fruition. Kinda what lifes all about I think.

Tank

Reaction score
Looking FANTASTIC!

What's the deal with the huge access on the bow? Did you do a different style of larger bow access? Instead of two smaller ones on each side of the sponsons?

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Looking FANTASTIC!

What's the deal with the huge access on the bow? Did you do a different style of larger bow access? Instead of two smaller ones on each side of the sponsons?

That's a new deck hatch design they came up with. It allows for some larger items. I like to camp at Powell. With the larger hatch, tents, awnings, big coolers literally whatever you want can be stashed down there. They go all the way down into the sponson area as well.

Tank

Reaction score
That's a new deck hatch design they came up with. It allows for some larger items. I like to camp at Powell. With the larger hatch, tents, awnings, big coolers literally whatever you want can be stashed down there. They go all the way down into the sponson area as well.
Great design! Those smaller hatches are a PITA. looking forward to seeing how it looks and functions with the larger hatch! 👍

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Great design! Those smaller hatches are a PITA. looking forward to seeing how it looks and functions with the larger hatch! 👍

There’s actually quite a few of them out already. I’ll try to find some to post

The 438 video on this page had one like mine. But the boat isn’t assembled yet so you can’t tell.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score

If/when my wife throws me out I can live in the bow of this beast & continue to fill it with fuel. Hopefully no one will notice I'm in there.........
;):cool:

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I just had a visual of waking up on the ground in a tent at Powell around sunrise and looking out at this beauty sitting on that glassy water whispering to you, "Lets go for a ride before anyone else ...."

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

That’s the gist of it but man what a journey Steve. I’m stoked for you buddy and this is the best thread on RDP [emoji106]

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
I just had a visual of waking up on the ground in a tent at Powell around sunrise and looking out at this beauty sitting on that glassy water whispering to you, "Lets go for a ride before anyone else ...."

That's an awesome vision. :)

A lot happen this week. Paint is further along than pictured, Tony called me and had some engine color option questions. Going "Devil Eye Red" top and bottom. The bilge we decided to paint white, they use imron for engine bays. So, red engines will look nice.

We're right in the middle of deciding on upholstery. Its going to be 100% Alcantera. Boat floor will be sea deck with the old school Skater logo in it.