WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Skater 368, from the beginning.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
This is the Skater logo I am doing on the Sea Deck. This interior layout is pretty much mine exactly. Garmin 8612 in the center, two vessel views. One Analog speedo and two tachs per side. Analog gas gauges will be on the drivers side of the console, out of sight. And a rear speedo on the back of the console.

I'm not 100% sold on the new style Skater logo.

skater floor.jpg

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Very nice boat, and happy for you on the progress they’ve made.

If I can make a suggestion; I’d ditch the analog gas gauges, and calibrate your tanks in both your VesselViews and the Garmin. That’s pretty much what everyone is doing with the glass dashes these days.

My little Eliminator has twin 31 gallon tanks, and I spent the time and calibrated each one at a fill up when I had dry tanks and the VesselView is very accurate while underway.

I look for fuel when they show 5 gallons remaining in each. I also reset fuel used and it’s deadly accurate with the 400R on my boat. When I refill, whatever I pump is what the VesselView shows in the tank, so I’m pleased with that. Occasionally one tank pulls more than the other and I adjust at fill up to even them out.

824BA379-FA28-40B3-8D82-1A41E8B8C253.png

If you look on the bottom where it says “46”, that’s my fuel total on board; if I touch the number, it’ll show me what’s in both tanks.

I can’t wait to see the updates, and thanks for sharing the journey!

Last edited:

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Very nice boat, and happy for you on the progress they’ve made.

If I can make a suggestion; I’d ditch the analog gas gauges, and calibrate your tanks in both your VesselViews and the Garmin. That’s pretty much what everyone is doing with the glass dashes these days.

My little Eliminator has twin 31 gallon tanks, and I spent the time and calibrated each one at a fill up when I had dry tanks and the VesselView is very accurate while underway.

I look for fuel when they show 5 gallons remaining in each. I also reset fuel used and it’s deadly accurate with the 400R on my boat. When I refill, whatever I pump is what the VesselView shows in the tank, so I’m pleased with that. Occasionally one tank pulls more than the other and I adjust at fill up to even them out.

View attachment 924124

If you look on the bottom where it says “46”, that’s my fuel total on board; if I touch the number, it’ll show me what’s in both tanks.

I can’t wait to see the updates, and thanks for sharing the journey!

Thanks for that. What you're recommending is exactly what I did. It was Peter and Tony who recommend adding analog fuel gauges hidden from view. They stated that the calibration isn't reliable enough, and having the analogs as a back-up was wise.

I do plan on calibrating it all to fuel.

Duramax

Reaction score
This is the Skater logo I am doing on the Sea Deck. This interior layout is pretty much mine exactly. Garmin 8612 in the center, two vessel views. One Analog speedo and two tachs per side. Analog gas gauges will be on the drivers side of the console, out of sight. And a rear speedo on the back of the console.

I'm not 100% sold on the new style Skater logo.

View attachment 924111
That is the ONLY Skater logo. Good for you. The new one, or ones, are horrible. That is Skater.

Duramax

Reaction score
Yes it is. A Skater has been pretty much a lifelong goal of mine.

I began looking at used probably 4 years ago. I couldn’t find anything that was a must have. I was back and forth for a long while.

Wife and I made the mistake of making a trip to Skater. A week after that trip, I signed a contract, and sent the deposit.

It really hit me when Tony confirmed receipt of deposit and stated, “Welcome to the Skater family, Steve”

Believe me, it’s surreal to me still.

You were correct in going with new, great choice. My 40 was supposed to be, "the nicest used 40 FlatDeck in the country". With Sterlings and dry 6's, I was in heaven like you said, a life time goal, also like you said.
Used Skaters I am sorry to say, maybe 2007 back, are shit. Well, maybe shit is a bad word......full of water and full of stories is a better term. I assume you are going with factory Mercury power too? Another great choice my friend!

When Havasu gets blown out, you will have a blast.

Last edited:

hallett21

Reaction score
This is going to be a beautiful boat. Congratulations [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
That is the ONLY Skater logo. Good for you. The new one, or ones, are horrible. That is Skater.

skater logo.jpg

Yea...no go.

The used ones I considered all seem to have some kinda baggage I didn't want. The newer ones were priced so close to new, It made no sense. And yes Mercury Power. 700SC's

I've used Larry Pedo for 25 years. He's a fantastic builder but I'm over aftermarket power. I just wanna turn the key and drive my boat. To many gremlins, sensors, gaurdian mode, blah blah blah. For a Hot Rod, yea, sure. Larry just built me a 2.9L Whippled LS3. Makes 903HP and 799'#. A beast for sure. Its in my 66 Chevelle in my avatar.

Last edited:

Duramax

Reaction score
View attachment 925198

Yea...no go.

The used ones I considered all seem to have some kinda baggage I didn't want. The newer ones were priced so close to new, It made no sense. And yes Mercury Power. 700SC's

I've used Larry Pedo for 25 years. He's a fantastic builder but I'm over aftermarket power. I just wanna turn the key and drive my boat. To many gremlins, sensors, gaurdian mode, blah blah blah. For a Hot Rod, yea, sure. Larry just built me a 2.9L Whippled LS3. Makes 903HP and 799'#. A beast for sure. Its in my 66 Chevelle in my avatar.
Yes, Larry did my engines for years, and he rebuilt my Sterlings after they both smoked. Unless you are going for insane power levels, Mercury OEM is it. And yes, for what I paid to have my 40 COMPLETELY rebuilt, hull, interior, trailer, and drives, I could have had a brand new god damn Lear Jet...

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
Yes, Larry did my engines for years, and he rebuilt my Sterlings after they both smoked. Unless you are going for insane power levels, Mercury OEM is it. And yes, for what I paid to have my 40 COMPLETELY rebuilt, hull, interior, trailer, and drives, I could have had a brand new god damn Lear Jet...

Cool aint cheap and cheap aint cool... :cool: 😁

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Just how fucking long does it take for paint to dry in Michigan anyways? :D
Paints probably dry...but some poor guy has to sand, cut and buff that thing!
I don't envy that guy, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to piss him off either. That's a whole lot of hand work, and a whole lot of holding up a buffer.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Just imagine how Nganga feels.....

Bill -

It's actually not bothering me at all. Yes, there is anticipation, but I'm an extremely busy guy. Between my business, cycling and getting the "babies room" ready, I have no extra time. My family has been quarantined for Covid for 6 months. So even if I had the boat, It would just be sitting.

I had my big garage floor (babies room) done with metallic epoxy. It's a bitchin effect, has most of the boat colors in it.

floor.jpg

floor2.jpg

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
In complete honesty, this floor, while rad, is going to be a pain in the ass. It tracks dust VERY VERY bad. I cannot wear Crocs in there. My sneakers leave small footprints but socks are much better. I had to wipe it off with a wet towel. The dust will not blow away with air.

floor3.jpg

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
In complete honesty, this floor, while rad, is going to be a pain in the ass. It tracks dust VERY VERY bad. I cannot wear Crocs in there. My sneakers leave small footprints but socks are much better. I had to wipe it off with a wet towel. The dust will not blow away with air.

View attachment 928145
You’re going to need a full-time garage bitch.😊

McKay

Reaction score

View attachment 928145

Steve I did a copper brown metallic epoxy in my bar out in my shop. Costco sells these microfiber type rugs. Put those at your entrance and they do an amazing job at pulling the dust off your shoes.

Then also one that high gloss sheen gets scuffed down that helps a ton as well not show so much traffic.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
You’re going to need a full-time garage bitch.😊

Yep, and that would be me.

Steve I did a copper brown metallic epoxy in my bar out in my shop. Costco sells these microfiber type rugs. Put those at your entrance and they do an amazing job at pulling the dust off your shoes.

Then also one that high gloss sheen gets scuffed down that helps a ton as well not show so much traffic.

Thanks for that. I gotta do something. My wife suggested washing the tires off prior backing stuff in. Its less work to wipe the floor than to wash the tires. I'm super happy with the effect and would do it again. The guy that did the work was super aware of the graphics on the boat and put real effort into job to make it cool.

How's your deal coming along?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
There’s gotta be some type of “sticky mat” you can drive over. I’m thinking like the kind we use in hospitals. Or I guess even a wet piece of carpet you roll over first.

McKay

Reaction score
Yep, and that would be me.

Thanks for that. I gotta do something. My wife suggested washing the tires off prior backing stuff in. Its less work to wipe the floor than to wash the tires. I'm super happy with the effect and would do it again. The guy that did the work was super aware of the graphics on the boat and put real effort into job to make it cool.

How's your deal coming along?

Just got back from El Cajon Thursday from going through the final graphics and what not. Going in the mold in about 4 weeks. Done probably March or so. We’re getting excited!

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Just got back from El Cajon Thursday from going through the final graphics and what not. Going in the mold in about 4 weeks. Done probably March or so. We’re getting excited!

You’ll probably get yours first. 😂

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Spoke to the interior guy yesterday. He IS NOT SKATER. His shop is in Grand Rapids. My last visit, wife and I spend some time there. He's working on computer renderings on it as well.

Also spoke to Tony yesterday. Engines and Drives are on their way.

Last edited:

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Spoke to the interior guy yesterday. He IS NOT SKATER. His shop is in Grand Rapids. My last visit, wife and I spend some time there. He's working on computer renderings on it as well.

Doing 700s and 6s right? Do they have a top end estimate?

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
The attention to detail & patience the people that do that work is incredible. Looks great

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
The attention to detail & patience the people that do that work is incredible. Looks great

As to attention to detail. Skater's trailer fab guy called me this morning. He sent this picture and told me he wanted to box the area between the trailer frame and the fender in. "No reason to allow stones to chip that paint job".

trailer.jpg

Duramax

Reaction score

Craig?

HCP3

Reaction score
I don't know the guy's style, but I will bet those hexagons make it into the interior. Stitching perhaps.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
I don't know the guy's style, but I will bet those hexagons make it into the interior. Stitching perhaps.

That would be my guess as well. He did however rule out any blue Alcantara. he said it fades extremely fast and extremely bad. Red, is also bad just not as bad as blue. Can't get away from the red.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Bill -

It's actually not bothering me at all. Yes, there is anticipation, but I'm an extremely busy guy. Between my business, cycling and getting the "babies room" ready, I have no extra time. My family has been quarantined for Covid for 6 months. So even if I had the boat, It would just be sitting.

I had my big garage floor (babies room) done with metallic epoxy. It's a bitchin effect, has most of the boat colors in it.

View attachment 928140

View attachment 928141
Makes sense.... love the no stress attitude.... I have a mental picture of your boat sitting on that new flooring.... I did a bit of acid in my youth and you're bringing back fine memories, lol.

Singleton

Reaction score
That would be my guess as well. He did however rule out any blue Alcantara. he said it fades extremely fast and extremely bad. Red, is also bad just not as bad as blue. Can't get away from the red.

red and blue fade bad. Red starts to turn pink. Dark blue turns light blue
best to leverage red/blue in the stitching

Singleton

Reaction score
BTW, I'll be at the Islander for at least half this coming summer.

welcome. Looking forward to seeing your boat in person.
just got my 2021 dates :) - I move back in April 15

Singleton

Reaction score
They can't get me dates yet. But that's about when I'd like to move in.

I am returning so while I don’t have my contract I know my dates based on the couple that rents the spot in the winter season.

My first year I got my date in February.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Should’ve kept “388” lol

I'll need to borrow your garage stretcher. This thing will fit with 9 inches to spare. 45' OAL pintle to drive guard. :cool:

Probably a good thing. Had a 388 fit, there were a couple gently used 388's that I might of wound up with.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
I'll need to borrow your garage stretcher. This thing will fit with 9 inches to spare. 45' OAL pintle to drive guard. :cool:

Probably a good thing. Had a 388 fit, there were a couple gently used 388's that I might of wound up with.
I stretch garages.:D