WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Skater 368, from the beginning.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
you have got to be a kid before Christmas waiting for a full body shot

I’m dying to see the damn deck!! It’s hard to get the full impact with cell phone pictures. I really want to make a trip back when it hits the rigging line but flying in these times doesn’t thrill me.

The interior guy is nearly done already.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
The rear steps look like they already have baby oil on them and slicker than shit as shiny as they are..... but how theF do you cover that paint with SeaDek or GatorStep??

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
The rear steps look like they already have baby oil on them and slicker than shit as shiny as they are..... but how theF do you cover that paint with SeaDek or GatorStep??

Yea, not gonna cover that art up. I'll just deal with it I guess? The waterline will be over the bottom of the last step. I think I can shimmy my way back in. The wife? might be a good show. :rolleyes:

McKay

Reaction score
Yea, not gonna cover that art up. I'll just deal with it I guess? The waterline will be over the bottom of the last step. I think I can shimmy my way back in. The wife? might be a good show. :rolleyes:

Steve they make a clear bra product with grip in it. Yes it is not perfectly clear but might be a compromise to have a few spots or strips on the steps.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Steve they make a clear bra product with grip in it. Yes it is not perfectly clear but might be a compromise to have a few spots or strips on the steps.

I'll make a point to talk to the Skater guys about it when I go back soon. I'm planning a trip while its on the rigging line.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Yikes.

sandingside.jpg

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Now the painter is just messing with you

When my chevelle was first painted they laid down a thin "guide coat" when starting to cut and buff the clear. My anxiety as they casually spray black paint over my blue and white car which already looked tits before final sanding and such. Obviously all comes out well, but hard to watch it go from 90% to 50%, so it can go to 100% looking good :)

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
When my chevelle was first painted they laid down a thin "guide coat" when starting to cut and buff the clear. My anxiety as they casually spray black paint over my blue and white car which already looked tits before final sanding and such. Obviously all comes out well, but hard to watch it go from 90% to 50%, so it can go to 100% looking good :)

Great point. If you look at this photo, you can clearly see the variation in texture due to paint depth. The sanding then more clear then more sanding and buff will leave it devoid of any perceptible difference

8ACF627F-62CB-4F49-9C6A-8B12618ECB93.jpeg

poncho

Reaction score
First time i have seen this thread, that is just stunning.....I don't say that easily.👍

jnmn

Reaction score
WOW It is so nice to see with all the damn type off!
Super Sweet Job.
next to the rigging dept.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Nganga.... Looks like your Skater Team might be eyeing April event.... I bet they'd enjoy having yours on display!

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Nganga.... Looks like your Skater Team might be eyeing April event.... I bet they'd enjoy having yours on display!

Yea, well...note to self: "Two weeks in April at Havasu, not one".

Steve Combs

Reaction score
Looks beautiful neighborhood, can't wait to see her roll through the neighborhood, you might have to trim your trees a bit lol, let me know if you need any help in April !

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I know some young gals going through their hallucinogenic mushroom phase.... I think they'd just sit and stare at this for hours.
I'm sober (usually), and can look at that for hours!

This is going to be another show piece...
If I'm ecited to see the finished product, I can't imagine @nganga !

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
It’s not typical that boating websites get to see such great detail and step-by-step build pics from one of the most iconic boat builders today.

We read about them long after the owner has taken possession but rarely have behind the scene step-by-step commentary.

A Skater build is what dreams are made of.

Speed On The Water, thankfully, has done a couple articles on this boat but this is what boating forums should encourage.

Hats off to Nganga and I look forward to seeing this build on the tilt trailer at DS 2021. You’ve built one hell of a beautiful Skater and I can’t wait to see it in rigging and across the finish line.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
So fkn cool!

Great story!

My dad and I visited the Eliminator factory when they started rigging the 36' 1350 boat. I was shuffling around the shop with Jake discussing my new build, checking shit out... My dad kinda falls back and is looking at other things, really not all that interested (hates boats, loves HP).......... 5-10 minutes later we are headed back towards the showroom, and I see my dad, and he's HEAD FIRST into this box behind the 36. Comes up for air, and yells "WTF are these, they have turbos on them".................. It was the 1350s and the drives sitting next to the boat.... I about died laughing..... Jake didn't say much, I scamper by and say "don't look at those, we can't afford them"......... I later explained what they were. He's still in awe.

What most don't realize, even on the 700s, the motors and drives are HUGE!! Pics don't remotely do them justice!

Nganga (Steve I believe)- THANK YOU for taking us on this journey, its something I know I don't want to go through. Your vision, and patience are something Ill NEVER have! Excited to see the delivered boat and smiles from you!

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
It’s not typical that boating websites get to see such great detail and step-by-step build pics from one of the most iconic boat builders today.

We read about them long after the owner has taken possession but rarely have behind the scene step-by-step commentary.

A Skater build is what dreams are made of.

Speed On The Water, thankfully, has done a couple articles on this boat but this is what boating forums should encourage.

Hats off to Nganga and I look forward to seeing this build on the tilt trailer at DS 2021. You’ve built one hell of a beautiful Skater and I can’t wait to see it in rigging and across the finish line.

I fully agree. This boat will be an incredibly reliable 130+ mph & absofrickinlutely DESTROY any water Havapuddle has for it.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the supportive comments.

The patients required are just that, required. If you can’t wait for 18-24 months, a new Skater probably isn’t for you. Keep in mind Michigan was shut down for 10-12 weeks right in the middle of my build also. (Covid)

I learned patients and “enjoying the ride” in my international hunting and fishing travels. I learned to enjoy the marathon travel that sometimes takes 4-5 days to get to Safari camp. It’s a mandatory part of the journey, learn to enjoy it and the people you meet along the way.

Meeting and working closely with: Peter Hledin, Tony Cutsuries, Steve and Jake Schulte (the painters) Craig from Appearance Products (interior) have made my life better and I’ve learned things I never could even fathom from them. They’re all open books, you just need to be willing to read.

If I could go back, I’d change nothing.

Steve

Last edited:

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score

The patients required are just that, required. If you can’t wait for 18-24 months, a new Skater probably isn’t for you. Keep in mind Michigan was shut down for 10-12 weeks right in the middle of my build also. (Covid)

I learned patients and “enjoying the ride” in my international hunting and fishing travels. I learned to enjoy the marathon travel that sometimes takes 4-5 days to get to Safari camp. It’s a mandatory part of the journey, learn to enjoy it and the people you meet along the way.

Meeting and working closely with: Peter Hledin, Tony Cutsuries, Steve and Jake Schulte (the painters) Craig from Appearance Products (interior) have made my life better and I’ve learned things I never could even fathom from them. They’re all open books, you just need to be willing to read.

Steve

Someday I would LOVE to build a new Skater. This has been an incredible journey watching your new boat be "born"

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score

Steve
This is perfectly said and this year for manufacturing has been a very big challenge. everything, and I mean everything is hard to get and or on back order.
Like I tell my clients and customers... Good things take time and you will get what you pay for.

We are running behind as well and trying to pick up every day we can.

Your boat will be great and have no or less issues if you give them the time they need.

-Tony

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
This is perfectly said and this year for manufacturing has been a very big challenge. everything, and I mean everything is hard to get and or on back order.
Like I tell my clients and customers... Good things take time and you will get what you pay for.

We are running behind as well and trying to pick up every day we can.

Your boat will be great and have no or less issues if you give them the time they need.

-Tony

"I want it right, not right now"

Steve

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
This is probably one of the best build threads RDP has ever had. I've enjoyed every step of the process we got to share in. I hope I get to see it in Havasu someday.

Thanks very much for that. I have several iphone videos the interior guy has sent me. I'd put them up but don't know how to upload stuff. He Facetime called me today to show me the crazy LED shit he's doing on the side panels.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
@rivrrts429

Thanks for supporting your technically challenged friends.

That step down in the center is getting some milled Aluminum steps installed on them. I was assured they coat them in a manner that they won't burn your feet.

Singleton

Reaction score
I’ve never done DS but I think I will go just to see this thing. I’m sure my boys would love to see why dad works so many hours 😂😂

your boys would love the street party and all the boats

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
So is this a 388 or 368? Thread title says 368, backseat says 388.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk