Skater 368, from the beginning.

Skater368

Upon My Request This is all Folks Skater368/nganga
Reaction score
And speaking of folding.

fold.jpg

fmo24

Reaction score
With the lift for your son, will you put him on the deck or straight into the cockpit?

Skater368

Reaction score
With the lift for your son, will you put him on the deck or straight into the cockpit?

Skater designed a lift that essentially duplicates what you see in pick-up truck beds for wheelchairs. I actually tried to buy one. They WILL NOT SELL ONE to anyone that isn't an authorized installer for their brand. It was really frustrating.

Brian will wear a safety harness like pictured, get hooked up and go for a ride. He will enter the boat over the starboard gunnel. He'll get lifted, pivot over cockpit and gently lowered. He can walk but his low muscle tone would make climbing the bow ladder impossible. You should see the goat rope we go through getting him into the Sport Chassis. When the lift is not in use, it will stow between the tilting carriage and the trailer.

We have never allowed Brian's disabilities change or dictate what we can or cannot do. He has flown to Africa twice, been on Safaris, Fished for giant Halibut in Alaska severe times. He is our only kid so he is normal to us. Things simply take us a little longer. I plan of giving Brian a very full life, to the extent of my abilities.

Skater has exceeded every single one of my expectations.

672421370088.jpg.jpg

fmo24

Reaction score
That is awesome that it could be incorporated 👍
There some small lifts used in motorhomes. I know Newmar has a system that they install where a half bath would be. Maybe some way to incorporate one without being to obvious. Or a platform under truck like a retractable running board?

Skater368

Reaction score
There some small lifts used in motorhomes. I know Newmar has a system that they install where a half bath would be. Maybe some way to incorporate one without being to obvious. Or a platform under truck like a retractable running board?

Maybe? All I know is its a royal pain getting him in there. The thing is so bloody tall. We need to try something.

fmo24

Reaction score
Maybe? All I know is its a royal pain getting him in there. The thing is so bloody tall. We need to try something.
And I bet he will not be getting any lighter lol

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Skater designed a lift that essentially duplicates what you see in pick-up truck beds for wheelchairs. I actually tried to buy one. They WILL NOT SELL ONE to anyone that isn't an authorized installer for their brand. It was really frustrating.

Brian will wear a safety harness like pictured, get hooked up and go for a ride. He will enter the boat over the starboard gunnel. He'll get lifted, pivot over cockpit and gently lowered. He can walk but his low muscle tone would make climbing the bow ladder impossible. You should see the goat rope we go through getting him into the Sport Chassis. When the lift is not in use, it will stow between the tilting carriage and the trailer.

We have never allowed Brian's disabilities change or dictate what we can or cannot do. He has flown to Africa twice, been on Safaris, Fished for giant Halibut in Alaska severe times. He is our only kid so he is normal to us. Things simply take us a little longer. I plan of giving Brian a very full life, to the extent of my abilities.

View attachment 969032

Sooooo fffffffnnnn cool !!!!!!! Someone must be cutting onions this morning, my eyes started leaking a lil thinking about everything you do for your son to give him a "normal" life. Congrats to you & your family

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Getting close! Can't wait to see it in person. That folding tongue fabrication is a work of art. I've really enjoyed the detail & inside access provided throughout the build thread. The amount of hours that go into the build are mind boggling. Thanks for allowing us to follow along.

-Zack

Skater368

Reaction score
Getting close! Can't wait to see it in person. That folding tongue fabrication is a work of art. I've really enjoyed the detail & inside access provided throughout the build thread. The amount of hours that go into the build are mind boggling. Thanks for allowing us to follow along.

-Zack

You're very welcome

Duramax

Reaction score

View attachment 969032
You sir, are what every father should be, a blueprint. My father the same, and I hope everyday I am for my daughter. Amazing boat for what sounds like an amazing family. We all applaud you.

Skater368

Reaction score
You sir, are what every father should be, a blueprint. My father the same, and I hope everyday I am for my daughter. Amazing boat for what sounds like an amazing family. We all applaud you.

Thanks for that, It's appreciated. Hope you can meet Brian at DS. He is truly an inspirational young man.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

It’s all team Brian!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

View attachment 969032

Steve, if I may offer a suggestion.
I know we spoke of this back when you first started the build but would like to suggest a slight alternative to a safety harness.
The type of safety harness you picture is meant to save lives. As someone who has decades of safety training and fall arrest training and has hung in those type of fall arrest harnesses Id suggest more of a “boatswain chair” type harness, seat configuration?
Sort of like this.
24BED3A4-5B0B-4645-AB6E-9E058FF9C4C4.png

This is just a stock photo, I’ve used ones that incorporate safety harnesses and an ass board sort of made as one unit. They are made for lifting and hosting people as opposed to fall arrest.
Those fall harnesses will hurt Brian.
Nothing about them are fun or comfortable...and it only gets worse when you hang in them!

I’ll see what I can research if you like? I know Brian might have difficulties maintaining his upright balance if lifted with just a seat bottom, so he’ll need a sort of combo harness WITH a seat bottom.

Skater368

Reaction score
Steve, if I may offer a suggestion.
I know we spoke of this back when you first started the build but would like to suggest a slight alternative to a safety harness.
The type of safety harness you picture is meant to save lives. As someone who has decades of safety training and fall arrest training and has hung in those type of fall arrest harnesses Id suggest more of a “boatswain chair” type harness, seat configuration?
Sort of like this.
View attachment 970276

This is just a stock photo, I’ve used ones that incorporate safety harnesses and an ass board sort of made as one unit. They are made for lifting and hosting people as opposed to fall arrest.
Those fall harnesses will hurt Brian.
Nothing about them are fun or comfortable...and it only gets worse when you hang in them!

I’ll see what I can research if you like? I know Brian might have difficulties maintaining his upright balance if lifted with just a seat bottom, so he’ll need a sort of combo harness WITH a seat bottom.

I'm certainly open to suggestions on what device to employ. My specialty in fall prevention refers to not falling off my bicycle. I can see however how the one I posted might be uncomfortable.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Skater368

Reaction score
More trailer fab updates. All the pieces are there. Trailer, Cradle and tilt arms. I'm sitting here bored silly for 8 more days. Had a positive Covid test yesterday. Felt fine but just knew something was different. No loss of taste or smell, no fever. Just some minor body aches and a "heavy" feeling in my chest, but no congestion at all.

Tilt arm.jpg

cradle.jpg

trailer frame.jpg

tool box.jpg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I was waiting for someone to chop that image...

Have to check the load limit tag...I’m sure I’m over as well.

Skater368

Reaction score
Nobody touched that positive test result so I will.... did you say you're hanging out at Skater for 8 days? And why if you don't mind.... did I miss something? Plenty of us are following your thread.

No. Sorry if I confused you. I am still at home in Peoria, AZ. I felt odd on my bike rides this weekend, but not sick, just odd. I went to work Monday, sat at my desk and said to myself...self, you've got Covid. I called my business partner and told him I was fucking off to home. I made an appointment for the next day for a test, which came back positive. So, I get to sit on my ass at home, till Thursday next week.

My son Brian got his first vaccine today. Believe it or not, he isn't even eligible yet. My Honey Badger wife got ahold of a Dr. Office that had vaccines and harangued them until they gave in. Anyway she deserves a medal.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
No. Sorry if I confused you. I am still at home in Peoria, AZ. I felt odd on my bike rides this weekend, but not sick, just odd. I went to work Monday, sat at my desk and said to myself...self, you've got Covid. I called my business partner and told him I was fucking off to home. I made an appointment for the next day for a test, which came back positive. So, I get to sit on my ass at home, till Thursday next week.

My son Brian got his first vaccine today. Believe it or not, he isn't even eligible yet. My Honey Badger wife got ahold of a Dr. Office that had vaccines and harangued them until they gave in. Anyway she deserves a medal.
All good... I seldom come on here without being under the influence of something.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
We will probably have a place at LOTO before you pickup this BADASS new ride. We will have plenty of room for U, your trailer & boat, if you want to spend a night or 3, we could test on LOTO, then send you to AZ.......

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Hope you get well soon Steve. Hopefully it is very mild for you and Lori and Brian don't end up with it.
Keep me posted if you need something.

Skater368

Reaction score
Hope you get well soon Steve. Hopefully it is very mild for you and Lori and Brian don't end up with it.
Keep me posted if you need something.

Thanks Jeff. So far, no big deal. back ache and knees while spinning. I think Lori and Brian are pretty safe. They've been quarantined in the house for nearly 11 months. I've been living away from them in the guest Casita. No contact.

Steve

Skater368

Reaction score
Seats are just set in place. Side panels are in as well. They are coming tomorrow to measure for SeaDeck. Trailer is assembled as well. I'll put some pictures up tomorrow of that.

seadeck.jpg

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Skater built this trailer pretty fast. Now Skater needs a clear weather window to tow it back from the sandblaster to paint it.

Ahhhh, shoot a little clear over the rust and call it PATINA'd

Any more pics of the trailer, I am having some trouble grasping the articulation of the arms for it to lower down.
For some reason I am always fascinated by peoples designs of "hinges" that get thing to move in multiple directions by applying force in one direction.

Better keep this conversation short I don't want to get the covid from ya!! I am not wearing my mask!

v6toy4x

Reaction score
One more, question, what is the anticipated overall hieght of the boat on the trailer?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Ahhhh, shoot a little clear over the rust and call it PATINA'd

Any more pics of the trailer, I am having some trouble grasping the articulation of the arms for it to lower down.
For some reason I am always fascinated by peoples designs of "hinges" that get thing to move in multiple directions by applying force in one direction.

Better keep this conversation short I don't want to get the covid from ya!! I am not wearing my mask!

It’s pretty damn cool how it all works. Steve has a video of one like that hopefully he’ll post.

Skater368

Reaction score
Just saw this YouTube for the first time. This is different than the one showing the painting process. This is a finished walk-around. Lots of hidden detail in the paint. I cannot wait to see it for the first time up close and in the sun. He's told me he did stuff I don't know about...yet. 😍

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I am sitting here doodling on a blank drawing trying to get a scheme worked out.
I get one me and my wife both like and then I turn this on!. Time to start over!

That thing is absolutely amazing, ghost lines and all!
I hope you have room in your garage to just sit back have a cocktail or two and just look at this thing!

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Just saw this YouTube for the first time. This is different than the one showing the painting process. This is a finished walk-around. Lots of hidden detail in the paint. I cannot wait to see it for the first time up close and in the sun. He's told me he did stuff I don't know about...yet. 😍

I think he was showing you some flake at the 45 sec mark .... subtle perfection.... and we gotta re visit the stern steps a bit.... remind us what you decided on those slippery puppies.... can't cover that cascading waterfall effect with stuff like us peasants use... did you find some "grit" or some kinda clear textured coating? Also... digging the darkness where the external glimmering hardware will be shining out rear. That'll be a cool contrast I bet.

McKay

Reaction score
I think he was showing you some flake at the 45 sec mark .... subtle perfection.... and we gotta re visit the stern steps a bit.... remind us what you decided on those slippery puppies.... can't cover that cascading waterfall effect with stuff like us peasants use... did you find some "grit" or some kinda clear textured coating? Also... digging the darkness where the external glimmering hardware will be shining out rear. That'll be a cool contrast I bet.

There is a clear textured clear bra type material out. I would try that first.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Wow!! That trailer is a piece of art in itself.. I watched the paint video about 3 times.. Amazing..

Skater368

Reaction score

Yes, he calls it a "ghosted gold floating pinstripe." they are all over on the deck as well. Madd skills I say!!

I thought you had previously bought a tilt trailer for this boat no?

I did. I am the proud owner of two tilt trailers.

What happened is, Peter got to looking at the older trailer and all the modifications I wanted to do to it. Rewire, change charging system, lift for my son. He recommended that I sell that trailer. I can easily get what I paid for it. They began work on a spankin new Skater tilt about a month ago.

Last edited:

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Yes, he calls it a "ghosted gold floating pinstripe." they are all over on the deck as well. Madd skills I say!!

I did. I am the proud owner of two tilt trailers.

What happened is, Peter got to looking at this trailer and all the modifications I wanted to do to it. Rewire, change charging system, lift for my son. He recommended that I sell that trailer. I can easily get what I paid for it. They began work on a spankin new Skater tilt about a month ago.
That is exactly what I remember you and I talking about 35 years ago.
Congrats buddy.
It is stunning and you surely deserve it man.

Skater368

Reaction score
That is exactly what I remember you and I talking about 35 years ago.
Congrats buddy.
It is stunning and you surely deserve it man.

Thanks Jeff, don't know if I deserve it but I sure have wanted one a long while.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Whatever the painter calls it I call it bad ass! I don’t think I could sleep at night if I was waiting for it to be finished for myself. 😂

I will apologize now if you catch me drooling looking at your boat someday.🤪😊

BlowMe

Reaction score
Absolutely incredible and so fuckin sexy 😍🍆 i would be pitching a tent everytime i walked in my garage and saw that thing! I cant wait to see pics of when it is getting rigged and the motors set in!!! Congrats on and epic boat and and epic build!!!