WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Skater 368, from the beginning.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I went back thru all the posts on your thread.... Lets not forget the garage effect too. I've got to imagine any nat'l boating publication/ web co would be begging to run an article on your package when completed. Thatd be a nice keepsake for memories I should think.

1613684687943.png

Skater368

Upon My Request This is all Folks Skater368/nganga
Reaction score
@[email protected]

The floor is cool but damn it's a ton of work keeping the dusty footprints, tire-prints off of it.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
@[email protected]

The floor is cool but damn it's a ton of work keeping the dusty footprints, tire-prints off of it.
Yep, I remember that issue as well... chose not to post that pic, lol.... I still haven't really heard any great solutions on here. You may simply have to reduce the need for perfection a notch or two eventually... and just wet wipe floor down after tucked in.

Skater368

Reaction score
Yep, I remember that issue as well... chose not to post that pic, lol.... I still haven't really heard any great solutions on here. You may simply have to reduce the need for perfection a notch or two eventually... and just wet wipe floor down after tucked in.

So, you're suggesting I ignore my OCD? I'll need Prozac. I'm hoping what @McKay says is true and it wear in. Just a wet wipe makes a dusty smear. It requires a wet towel, followed by a dry towel. But the results are rad!! :D

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
So, you're suggesting I ignore my OCD? I'll need Prozac. I'm hoping what @McKay says is true and it wear in. Just a wet wipe makes a dusty smear. It requires a wet towel, followed by a dry towel. But the results are rad!! :D
Embrace the OCD my brutha.... seems to be trending.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Just start drinking again. I am volunteering to drive when you've had too much to drink. Be just like old times of sorts.:D
LMAO

Skater368

Reaction score
Just start drinking again. I am volunteering to drive when you've had too much to drink. Be just like old times of sorts.:D
LMAO

The old times? That wasn't even drinking...that was something else. I remember 2AM wrestling matches in the sand, I remember moving guys sleeping on lounges in the middle of the night to other camps. . THAT isn't drinking, that's just plain old evil. :cool:

But...we were first on the water to rip it up. :)

RichL

Reaction score
Just saw this YouTube for the first time. This is different than the one showing the painting process. This is a finished walk-around. Lots of hidden detail in the paint. I cannot wait to see it for the first time up close and in the sun. He's told me he did stuff I don't know about...yet. 😍

Just stunning.

37 boat

Reaction score
Just saw this YouTube for the first time. This is different than the one showing the painting process. This is a finished walk-around. Lots of hidden detail in the paint. I cannot wait to see it for the first time up close and in the sun. He's told me he did stuff I don't know about...yet. 😍

that is just flat bitchen... (which was the name of my old Hondo BTW :D )

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
The old times? That wasn't even drinking...that was something else. I remember 2AM wrestling matches in the sand, I remember moving guys sleeping on lounges in the middle of the night to other camps. . THAT isn't drinking, that's just plain old evil. :cool:

But...we were first on the water to rip it up. :)
I think the worst one was sending some jackhole that was snoring so loud that nobody could sleep and passed out in a lounger out to sea on the tractor innertube after 30 minutes of arguing about whether we should lash him down on it or not.
The next morning we all felt bad and just as we were getting in the boats to go look for signs of the innertube and life his poor sunburned ass came walking down the beach dragging his chair and we were pissed becuase the fucker didn't bring our tube back.:D
Lol

Skater368

Reaction score
I think the worst one was sending some jackhole that was snoring so loud that nobody could sleep and passed out in a lounger out to sea on the tractor innertube after 30 minutes of arguing about whether we should lash him down on it or not.
The next morning we all felt bad and just as we were getting in the boats to go look for signs of the innertube and life his poor sunburned ass came walking down the beach dragging his chair and we were pissed becuase the fucker didn't bring our tube back.:D
Lol

Who was that? I remember the event but not the person. Jesus, how did we survive.

Or the experiment to see how fast the ski-bob could go with two on it? BAMMMM!!.....about 80 was it.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Who was that? I remember the event but not the person. Jesus, how did we survive.

Or the experiment to see how fast the ski-bob could go with two on it? BAMMMM!!.....about 80 was it.
I think it was Danny my parts manager at the time that we set adrift.
And the ski bob incident was like a real life looney toons deal.
We were towing it behind a jet bote
so we had to be going over 100 at least. LMAO

HST4ME

Reaction score

Gawd Damn.....

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It's officially mine now. :)

View attachment 974589
Beautiful paintwork! Watching this beast approach completion is amazing. The painters are talented people, but so have been the others from Skater...don't want to downplay their work. Nice sled you have going!

What year is your sport chassis, and what side pods does it have? Some have bigger tank setups, some have side mounted cooler assemblies...some have smaller tanks and fairings, etc. You have a pickup bed and no shell, correct?

Skater368

Reaction score
Couldn't figure out how to send in a PM. So, the whole group will see my idea :oops: Hopefully the smarter guys will chime in with pointers. This was real quick on the dinner table. Obviously, have no measurements, and very rudimentary concept at this point. View attachment 975214

Interesting. I'm assuming your vision is for him to stand on platform and hold the upright?

Skater368

Reaction score
To inspect the progress or actually haul that bad bitch home?

Yes, it will be heading home then. It will have been under two years without Covid. I signed the contract and wired money February 5, 2019. Skater was shut down for 12 weeks by the Michigan Governor.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Interesting. I'm assuming your vision is for him to stand on platform and hold the upright?
With this, yes. You had mentioned standing was an option, but climbing not so much. As the day progressed, I'd given some more thought to it though. The moving platform could make a lot of people unsteady on their feet. The handhold could be replaced with a removable seat with arm rests. Either way, the seat or the handhold would be removable to keep clean and away from road debris.

With a seat, the outboard armrest could be fixed. The inboard one could be of a pivoting design, to also double as a handrail when in the upper position?

With this initial idea, you'd lose some ground clearance. The frame rails on those trucks are relatively narrow, and high up behind the fairings. I don't know how to tuck everything unless the "carriage" itself was articulated via the feam mounts...maybe linear actuators to raise it when not in use?

MooreMoney

Reaction score
How many boats a year are they producing? This has been fun to watch.

Yes, it will be heading home then. It will have been under two years without Covid. I signed the contract and wired money February 5, 2019. Skater was shut down for 12 weeks by the Michigan Governor.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
With this, yes. You had mentioned standing was an option, but climbing not so much. As the day progressed, I'd given some more thought to it though. The moving platform could make a lot of people unsteady on their feet. The handhold could be replaced with a removable seat with arm rests. Either way, the seat or the handhold would be removable to keep clean and away from road debris.

With a seat, the outboard armrest could be fixed. The inboard one could be of a pivoting design, to also double as a handrail when in the upper position?

With this initial idea, you'd lose some ground clearance. The frame rails on those trucks are relatively narrow, and high up behind the fairings. I don't know how to tuck everything unless the "carriage" itself was articulated via the feam mounts...maybe linear actuators to raise it when not in use?
What about mounting it above the fairing or maybe under the cab?
Maybe a Pinable pivot for the platform so it could tuck away.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
What about mounting it above the fairing or maybe under the cab?
Maybe a Pinnacle pivot for the platform so it could tuck away.
I had thought about that, as my friend has a lifted Chevy with a platform style lift. The problem then lies in what is underneath the fairings, like tanks and such. They may restrain what mechanics or hydraulics that are needed. The center of most MDT trucks are pretty open beneath the frame. This idea was also concocted with the idea it could be "stealth", so it wouldn't change the exterior. This also means should the truck be changed out, this could be removed and put on the next truck with some mods maybe, but not have to be completely remade. I'm not familiar enough with the trucks, but I think they mostly run a big bench seat in the rear? If it were buckets, you could possible do a slide out, and a drop setup, like a "railgate" type of lift. Problem with that would be the stucture needed inside the cab itself, almost like an internal monorail, or rollcage.

It's a mental exercise, or work in progress. When I was racked up, I had gone from a wheechair to a walker...that will open your eyes a bit. After that, my mom was sick, none of us had small vehicles. She didn't have much strength left, and doctor's appointments were difficult on her physically, and me mentally. That was when I really saw how much I still took things for granted. Kids and parents are all pretty much the same. A kid who loves their parents will do anything they can for them, and same, the parents for their kids.

Skater368

Reaction score
How many boats a year are they producing? This has been fun to watch.

I'm not certain. But 10-12 seems about right?

This is bittersweet. Awesome that we finally get to see the finished product. Can’t wait for the road trip thread. A little bit sad that the greatest build thread ever will be coming to an end.

Thanks Brother. I'm pretty gassed about hitting the road. Good times, good company with a shiny object at the end. I can assure you, I will not be doing another 2 year build thread. I'm going to enjoy the "deceleration" to my full retirement October 2022.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Good for you my man...can't come fast enough... that'll be a great road trip!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I find it amazing that a builder can complete a project like that within 2 years! From inception to finished product. Just the paint work on some high end car builds can be that long. These guys built the hull, did the custom paint...on something the size of a house...then assembled it all with interior and rigging. Oh, and built a massive custom trailer.

It's really cool to have been able to see the process. What makes this one really great, it's coming home to an area where I might see it on the water. So many of these epic builds end up in Florida, or may show up at DS. This one will stand out no matter where it goes though!

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
I'm not certain. But 10-12 seems about right?

Thanks Brother. I'm pretty gassed about hitting the road. Good times, good company with a shiny object at the end. I can assure you, I will not be doing another 2 year build thread. I'm going to enjoy the "deceleration" to my full retirement October 2022.
who is going with you to get it?

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
I am not surprised. Have fun man but you better keep both eyes wide open and watch your backside!
I already told Steve before I could be considered to go with him that there was no way I was gonna spend a week cooped up with him and the Permachub he likely has. Figured I would wait a bit till at least the 1st week of the honeymoon was over.:D

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I am not surprised. Have fun man but you better keep both eyes wide open and watch your backside!
I already told Steve before I could be considered to go with him that there was no way I was gonna spend a week cooped up with him and the Permachub he likely has. Figured I would wait a bit till at least the 1st week of the honeymoon was over.:D

Steve’s permachub is going to be legendary the minute it’s hitched up and westbound towards a warmer climate.

Stay tuned for pics... [emoji38]

Skater368

Reaction score
Steve’s permachub is going to be legendary the minute it’s hitched up and westbound towards a warmer climate.

Stay tuned for pics... [emoji38]

Hmmmm....You're honestly gonna say you're not gonna get wood at Skater? There will be dozens of boats in various stages of completion. It IS, the holy grail of performance catamaran factories.

And the minute I head West, I'm gonna be stopping to check tie downs every 30 miles.

After this trip, there will be a second Skater build thread in the not so distant future. :cool:

And am I gonna enjoy it. :)

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Hmmmm....You're honestly gonna say you're not gonna get wood at Skater? There will be dozens of boats in various stages of completion. It IS, the holy grail of performance catamaran factories.

And the minute I head West, I'm gonna be stopping to check tie downs every 30 miles.

After this trip, there will be a second Skater build thread in the not so distant future. :cool:

And am I gonna enjoy it. :)

Damn it Steve... Im a weak buyer when fiberglass is being laid. Peter’s going to have me signing on the line that is dotted [emoji51]

We gotta hightail it outta Michigan as quickly as we can. My wallet can’t survive that place lol

Skater368

Reaction score
Damn it Steve... Im a weak buyer when fiberglass is being laid. Peter’s going to have me signing on the line that is dotted [emoji51]

We gotta hightail it outta Michigan as quickly as we can. My wallet can’t survive that place lol

I've yet to meet your better half, but she already hates me....I can feel it. :D

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Skater368, post: 4028524, member:

[/QUOTE]

Another Skater? Bigger, smaller?
A home for wayward PSI superchargers?

Skater368

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Skater368, post: 4028524, member:

Another Skater? Bigger, smaller?
A home for wayward PSI superchargers?
[/QUOTE]

Negative Ghost Rider. This is my first and last Skater. I tend to keep boats 10-12 years. This one will get me the rest of the way.

The build thread I've mentioned, won't be mine. Just read between the lines. :rolleyes:

I highly doubt I will ever fiddle with the power. The insurance is too marginal on these and I won't push the issue. Besides, I don't need to go 150 or more.