WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Skater 368, from the beginning.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Should be? I was planning to drive back to Douglas March 13th. We've pushed it back one week. So the plan is to leave Peoria, Saturday the 20th and be home probably the ~27th-28th. Nice thing about pushing it a week is the weather will be better every week later it gets. My plan is a couple shakedown trips to Lake Pleasant here, before we leave for Havasu on April 11th.

I am going to be traveling those same dates.. I am really looking forward to checking in when I get back to see how it went!

Duramax

Reaction score
The Skater factory is like a big U shape. Boats that are done are at the front on the left side, and when you walk in to pick it up, it really hits you. I did not have a new build, but 9 months and almost 100k, close enough. Towing home I was looking in the rearview more than the windshield! Your story is amazing and your boat is mind boggling! You are going to have the time of your life! Congrats!

Skater368

Upon My Request This is all Folks Skater368/nganga
Reaction score
The Skater factory is like a big U shape. Boats that are done are at the front on the left side, and when you walk in to pick it up, it really hits you. I did not have a new build, but 9 months and almost 100k, close enough. Towing home I was looking in the rearview more than the windshield! Your story is amazing and your boat is mind boggling! You are going to have the time of your life! Congrats!

Yep, I am not sure what to expect when I make that last right turn into their lot. Will they have it out front and tilted so it hits me in the face? Will they make me suffer and make a bunch of small talk in the office before we go back?

There's been one small delay. I was going to leave Peoria, this coming Saturday. I am going to wait till Tuesday next week, arrive Thursday. Spend the day Friday and either head home Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. Try to be home Monday, dunk it in Lake Pleasant, Tuesday.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Yep, I am not sure what to expect when I make that last right turn into their lot. Will they have it out front and tilted so it hits me in the face? Will they make me suffer and make a bunch of small talk in the office before we go back?

There's been one small delay. I was going to leave Peoria, this coming Saturday. I am going to wait till Tuesday next week, arrive Thursday. Spend the day Friday and either head home Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. Try to be home Monday, dunk it in Lake Pleasant, Tuesday.

In either of those scenarios, there is one thing FOR SURE! you are going to s**t your pants, that thing is unreal!
My heart is racing and it ain't even my boat, I don't even know you and will probably never see this thing in my lifetime and I just s**t my pants looking at that IG post!!!

Lots of pics and vids please!

Skater368

Reaction score

Tony sent me that after the ceramic guy finished. The starboard engine hatch scoop was on B/O, that was the delay. As it stands, it won't get ceramic coated because the paint won't be cured enough yet. Skater has made arrangements with the guy in Havasu that uses the same material they use to do it. I'll be there April 11th or 12th and get it done.

Duramax

Reaction score

As I was looking at some older pics of mine, I realized the very first owner and name of my 40 was, "The Chase is On". Thought I would tell you!

Duramax

Reaction score
I am sure you explained it in another post, but is the big storage under the front deck for the wheelchair? Or is it just big storage?

Skater368

Reaction score
I am sure you explained it in another post, but is the big storage under the front deck for the wheelchair? Or is it just big storage?

No, the large hatch just appealed to me to shove big stuff in there, Awning, tents and bigger items. I plan on doing some overnight stuff on Powell. Hell, I'll even fish off of it. I had a guy in the lounge call my Tremor a fishing truck, so maybe my Skater is a Bass boat? 😆

Brian doesn't use a wheelchair for mobility. He will use one where there is a bunch of walking. He will use one probably at the street fair, its busy and he falls down pretty easy if bumped. But climbing up into these things is another story. Not a chance. Therefore, the lift.

NoOtherWay

Reaction score

Attachments

• 137D19CE-2F7B-43EF-B3B3-BB3A90D69FB5.jpeg
    137D19CE-2F7B-43EF-B3B3-BB3A90D69FB5.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 96

Duramax

Reaction score
No, the large hatch just appealed to me to shove big stuff in there, Awning, tents and bigger items. I plan on doing some overnight stuff on Powell. Hell, I'll even fish off of it. I had a guy in the lounge call my Tremor a fishing truck, so maybe my Skater is a Bass boat? 😆

Brian doesn't use a wheelchair for mobility. He will use one where there is a bunch of walking. He will use one probably at the street fair, its busy and he falls down pretty easy if bumped. But climbing up into these things is another story. Not a chance. Therefore, the lift.
Ahh, I see, I see, and I agree with you for storage. So much room under there.

Skater368

Reaction score
You didn’t, but SOTW did in their post, that’s what I was referring to figuring everyone clicked on the link

Ah, I didn't see that part. I have it on my phone so never watched it.

Skater368

Reaction score
shrug.jpg

I dunno? Maybe I should ask. 😁😄

Singleton

Reaction score
Looks like a ton of work in the next 10 days. Exhaust pipes usually take weeks
Can’t wait to see it in April

Skater368

Reaction score
When a boat hits the rigging line, they set engines immediately. They then build all their own motorplates and measure for tailpipes.

Duramax

Reaction score
Talk about a damn near bulletproof setup. What did the boys say you were going to run, 130-140? You will cruise at 80-100 everywhere and it will feel like 75 on the freeway. Great job in every way. If you ever want to blast a day at one of our local lakes, I'll sneak up to help you! =)

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Oh yeah here we go.... I think if I were a boat tech I'd want this job doing the engine final installs and outdrive stuff.... lining up my tools on a carpet fits my head space just right. I also wanted to comment on how much I liked keeping the underside white... I spotted that in the last video as he came around the bow. Much better contrast than choosing black I think. That'll look sweet under power as you approach.

Skater368

Reaction score
Oh yeah here we go.... I think if I were a boat tech I'd want this job doing the engine final installs and outdrive stuff.... lining up my tools on a carpet fits my head space just right. I also wanted to comment on how much I liked keeping the underside white... I spotted that in the last video as he came around the bow. Much better contrast than choosing black I think. That'll look sweet under power as you approach.

With our hard water out here, can you imaging a black bottom? The painter really tried to talk me into it.

McKay

Reaction score
Good job on the white bottom. Colorado water is terrible. If you beach your boat or take it off the trailer often white is the only way to go!

X-rated

Reaction score
I totally understand your enthusiasm!! When my new float got to this point a few weeks ago I could barely contain myself. It's so awesome to watch these things come together and share them with others. Congrats on the new vessel, perhaps our paths will cross one day.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
You know..... we have a cheer competition right next to Pleasant next weekend and my mother-in-law is planning on being on the lake that weekend too...... maybe we'll have to head over there after it.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
You know..... we have a cheer competition right next to Pleasant next weekend and my mother-in-law is planning on being on the lake that weekend too...... maybe we'll have to head over there after it.
If I was you I'd just take entire cheer team over to wherever he's launching..... before he gets too accustomed to all that stuff.

Skater368

Reaction score
Well they are 6 to 11 years old so..... that would be weird.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Don't set your calendar by my dates. I'm thinking there's gonna be another few day delay. We're super close but the paint on the scoops is cutting it too close. I don't want to sit there and wait around. There aint much to do in Douglas.

Singleton

Reaction score
Don't set your calendar by my dates. I'm thinking there's gonna be another few day delay. We're super close but the paint on the scoops is cutting it too close. I don't want to sit there and wait around. There aint much to do in Douglas.

pick it up April 6 and straight to Havasu

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Lol! I wasn't going to. I'll just keep an eye on the thread in case.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
That'd be a hell of a birthday present to myself. I'll be 60 April 6th

i hit the jackpot with my random pick of a day.

I picked my boat up on a Friday in April 2007 and drove straight to Havasu. Saturday was DS2007!

precisiondetails

Reaction score
No there is not much to do there. Lol

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Steve
Did you buy a super sized box of tissues yet?
Some Salt Peter would be a good idea for your traveling partner to feed you on your trip.
Lol

hallett21

Reaction score
Epic! Definitely should pick it up on your Bday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk