WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Skater 368, from the beginning.

Skater368

Upon My Request This is all Folks Skater368/nganga
Reaction score
Wifey took me out to dinner for my 60th tonight...All I got was this lousy card. 🤣

bday.jpg

Duramax

Reaction score
Been with this wonderful woman for about 46 years. Married 38. Met her when she was 12 and I was 14. Grew up about 8 houses apart.
That's amazing. Unfortunately, you don't hear much of those stories anymore. I was lucky that I had a solid family foundation, with an amazing mother and father.
You leave Friday?! Just you?

Tank

Reaction score
Been with this wonderful woman for about 46 years. Married 38. Met her when she was 12 and I was 14. Grew up about 8 houses apart.
Plan still to be at Desert Storm?

Skater368

Reaction score
Plan still to be at Desert Storm?

Yep, lots of highway to get everything there but that's the plan. About 4000 to Skater and back, then two trips to Havasu from Phoenix to get all my stuff there.

jnmn

Reaction score
When do you plan on leaving MI with it? I ask because I'm leaving MI the 13th, and driving straight through to Havasu with my 38 FT cat.

jnmn

Reaction score
@jnmn

I spoke with Tony this morning. We agree'd on the 13th, I told him I'd like to be off by around 10AM.

We will just miss you by 2 hours, we will be there by 11:30, plan to have lunch with Pete and Tony hit the road by 1:15. Not towing out the big Skater, but my Smaller Less wide Cat, I will send you my # and you can send me yours.

Skater368

Reaction score
We will just miss you by 2 hours, we will be there by 11:30, plan to have lunch with Pete and Tony hit the road by 1:15. Not towing out the big Skater, but my Smaller Less wide Cat, I will send you my # and you can send me yours.

Heck, Maybe I'll just wait. A couple hours means nothing. We could run together to Flagstaff, where I turn south.

jnmn

Reaction score
OK, let"s see what develops. no need to wait on me.

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
This is an awesome boat! Great job on everything. Can’t wait to see you out in Havasu!

Skater368

Reaction score
OK, let"s see what develops. no need to wait on me.

If you're gonna run straight thru, I can't. I'm good for 850-900 maybe a bit less pulling. It would at least be fun to start together.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
If you're gonna run straight thru, I can't. I'm good for 850-900 maybe a bit less pulling. It would at least be fun to start together.
Well it sounds like he will catch you at some point at least.

precisiondetails

Reaction score
What skater do you have?

Tank

Reaction score
JNMN will post when he's comfy doing so.

Let's get back on track on Steve's bad ass build! Seems I keep derailing the thread (sorry Steve).

When do we get to see the new boat tilted up on your new trailer.

Also, just talking about this with a buddy, what do you think the 700's will put this 368 at? Low to mid 130's?

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Yep, lots of highway to get everything there but that's the plan. About 4000 to Skater and back, then two trips to Havasu from Phoenix to get all my stuff there.

Now there is some commitment!

Reactions: DWC

Skater368

Reaction score

Let's get back on track on Steve's bad ass build! Seems I keep derailing the thread (sorry Steve).

Also, just talking about this with a buddy, what do you think the 700's will put this 368 at? Low to mid 130's?

Here's what the delay has been. If you've been following this thread, I've made mention of a lift to get my son into the boat, if no dock is an option. This is the design and it is just wrapping up. The cradle is done and just needs pinned on to the trailer. I'm not sure if its plumbed with hydraulics yet, but I've been doing hydraulic my whole career. That's my business and profession. I could do it myself in a few hours if necessary. We're all on the same page as to leaving Tuesday. Tomorrow morning I'll jump on the I-17 to the 40 and ride and guide.

As far as speed goes, not sure. I'm a bit allergic to posting speeds on-line anyway.

lift.jpg

lift1.jpg

lift2.jpg

Skater368

Reaction score
secret ;) :cool:

Although I think it's time for him to "come out of the closet" so to speak. ;) 😁

Some people aren't comfortable with their private lives on Social Media. We all need to respect those people and their wishes. I am typically a pretty private person. I don't do FB, or Instagram or Twitter. My Social Media profile is here on RDP and on an African Hunting site.

I'm gonna meet him Tuesday in any case.

Duramax

Reaction score
Some people aren't comfortable with their private lives on Social Media. We all need to respect those people and their wishes. I am typically a pretty private person. I don't do FB, or Instagram or Twitter. My Social Media profile is here on RDP and on an African Hunting site.

Good luck buddy. You have my cell I think. Be safe.

Tank

Reaction score

I'm the same way. I'm pretty visible on here and OSO but that is the extent to my social media. Always has been. I respect Tony's desire to stay off the radar. All good. 👍

Here's what the delay has been. If you've been following this thread, I've made mention of a lift to get my son into the boat, if no dock is an option. This is the design and it is just wrapping up. The cradle is done and just needs pinned on to the trailer. I'm not sure if its plumbed with hydraulics yet, but I've been doing hydraulic my whole career. That's my business and profession. I could do it myself in a few hours if necessary. We're all on the same page as to leaving Tuesday. Tomorrow morning I'll jump on the I-17 to the 40 and ride and guide.

As far as speed goes, not sure. I'm a bit allergic to posting speeds on-line anyway.

View attachment 990258

View attachment 990259

View attachment 990260

So this a crane / cradle to get your son up into the boat while on the trailer? That's cool. I saw the part where you guys were talking about the truck idea. Both are pretty trick.
Good dad! 👍

precisiondetails

Reaction score

I rode in the 1st 368 with 700s when Ron had just gotten it at Skaterfest. It went 130 out of the box. The top it has seen that I’ve heard is 135

Skater368

Reaction score
I'm the same way. I'm pretty visible on here and OSO but that is the extent to my social media. Always has been. I respect Tony's desire to stay off the radar. All good. 👍

So this a crane / cradle to get your son up into the boat while on the trailer? That's cool. I saw the part where you guys were talking about the truck idea. Both are pretty trick.
Good dad! 👍

Yes, I have a customer who sells safety/fall arrest equipment. He GAVE me a harness that is called a window washers harness. (IIRC) It is like a fall arrest but has a "seat" and the legs (femoral artery) aren't pinched. @was thatguy knows this shit and warned me off of the wrong harness. They can cause blood clots/strokes and heart attacks.

My son wants to put the damn thing on all the time. So, he likes it.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

Good dad! 👍
I know I've got my skeletons..... just worked out well that staying off media finally got cool. Teasing you fellas..... daddies cocktailing over Masters.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
No, it sounds like what I do. I have not seen the boat since before paint. My heart is pounding right now typing this thinking about that first time I see it sitting outside, shining like a new penny out in the sun. I'll be an absolute wreck as I tow it out onto the interstate.
Ain't no way I'd be able to deal with driving that for the first time.... I know you've stared down big game but for me my ass muscles would never be the same....two things I'd have in place; A licensed driver for first 2K leg while I cocktail & party in the cab celebrating as I look back at it. Second, I think I'd have it shrink wrapped ... can you imagine all the lookie lou stuff going on behind you down the freeways? Gonna be nuts and just the kind of nuts we dig in life.

Skater368

Reaction score
Ain't no way I'd be able to deal with driving that for the first time.... I know you've stared down big game but for me my ass muscles would never be the same....two things I'd have in place; A licensed driver for first 2K leg while I cocktail & party in the cab celebrating as I look back at it. Second, I think I'd have it shrink wrapped ... can you imagine all the lookie lou stuff going on behind you down the freeways? Gonna be nuts and just the kind of nuts we dig in life.

Well, in any event, I'll ping you fellas from the road.

Skater368

Reaction score
I’m dreading the day this thread ever ends. Probably my favorite one to follow in years. And for that I just think we all owe Steve a big THANKS!! I say he has to keep it going with keeping us updated for at least a whole year!! Lol

Really Tony at Skater is to thank. His texts usually are what wakes me up in the morning. I know it must be a pain in the ass to text pictures to me all the time. He's a great guy, represents Skater well and has made this process as easy as it could be.

Blubyu

Reaction score
I am headed to Havasu Thursday morning, early AM, empty F250, you’re right down the road from me, let me know if you need anything brought out, save you a trip here and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skater368

Reaction score
I am headed to Havasu Thursday morning, early AM, empty F250, you’re right down the road from me, let me know if you need anything brought out, save you a trip here and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, that’s the day I get back (hopefully) 😎
We’ll be up Saturday