Skater 368, from the beginning.

Skater368

Upon My Request This is all Folks Skater368/nganga
Reaction score
0F4F76FB-3233-458E-9C72-AD70A0865B34.jpeg

Money Shot.

575cat

Reaction score
How does work with the wet sump 700,s and that steep of a tilt ?

Singleton

Reaction score
Did you purchase a full length travel cover or just the cockpit cover?

BeerMaker

"B" Team Token Black Guy
Reaction score
Getting close! Can't wait to see it in person. That folding tongue fabrication is a work of art. I've really enjoyed the detail & inside access provided throughout the build thread. The amount of hours that go into the build are mind boggling. Thanks for allowing us to follow along.

-Zack
Thanks for telling me about this thread Zack. Great read and I have a new found respect for the artistry Skater puts into each build.

stingray11

Reaction score
The tilt lives...

That little bit of a drop in place at the end was a little bit concerning. What a rig though. Nice job skater congrats to the owner.Quite a thread to follow.Thank all involved.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

RaceTec

Reaction score
From what I have seen and I am not an expert, but that is the point where the linkage goes over center into a "settled / locked" position. I would think some rubber bumpers of some sort would eliminate or dissipate the "clunk"? Amazing and beautiful boat and trailer!!!

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Wow that is amazing - Congratulations, and have a safe drive back!

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Well done Steve. Nice to see that all the years of hard work and planning and sacrifices you have made have all come down to realizing a dream of yours to come true. Proof that the American Dream is alive for anyone that is willing to work for it!
WELL DONE!!!
Lori and Brian are gonna shit when you get home!!!!!!

Skater368

Reaction score
Must be due to the fulcrum point and settles in so the weight of the boat is not all on the hydraulic rams. Just my 2 cents..

this. I’ll take some pictures in the morning and show. There’s a “helper”cylinder that helps push it back past fulcrum point lower

stop on St Louis for fuel

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
this. I’ll take some pictures in the morning and show. There’s a “helper”cylinder that helps push it back past fulcrum point lower

Did you guys get the alarm figured out?

Done-it-again

Reaction score

Congrats! She’s beautiful.

So how is the drive towing. Sport chassis doing well?

Skater368

Reaction score
Did you purchase a full length travel cover or just the cockpit cover?

I did not. Tony told me to wait. They’re such a PIA on these bigger boats that I would pass going to the lake knowing I’d have to take it off

Skater368

Reaction score
Congrats! She’s beautiful.

So how is the drive towing. Sport chassis doing well?

long and hard today. 12:30 AM just found a place to park at a sketchy truck stop. Left Skater at 2. Got 634 in.

the Sport Chassis is a beast. The weight really calmed down the suspension. I swear going there empty I was airborne several times.

the right truck for the job. The boat/trailer is heavy, 20K plus.

Last edited:

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
long and hard today. 11:00 PM just found a place to park at a sketchy truck stop. Left Skater at 2. Got 634 in.

the Sport Chassis is a beast. The weight really calmed down the suspension. I swear going there empty I was airborne several times.

Glad to hear your headed back West. Like many have offered, I’m here to help if needed. I left WA yesterday, and got to Havasu today. I have a trip to Phoenix and Vegas (driving) over the next few days and into next week. If you need something towed, I have a rig, if you just need a hand, I have 2. I’m on no schedule (I’m here alone until the 21st) so if you need something, don’t be shy about asking!

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
yes, was a throttle positioning sensor.

That's great!

Man.. hats off to you, I have followed this thread since the beginning. Never commented because this is way out of my rhelm. But it gives me goals! And the stuff you did for your boy gives me goosebumps!

Again, hats off to you! Absolute amazing build! One man's journey is another man's dream!! And I have enjoyed following you, turning your dream into a journey!!

Looking forward to the updates with you and your family enjoying (what you worked so hard for) your time on the water!!

Last edited:

Done-it-again

Reaction score
long and hard today. 12:30 AM just found a place to park at a sketchy truck stop. Left Skater at 2. Got 634 in.

ha ha ha, I thought I was airborne too a couple of times drive the truck and trailer to Texas.. Some crappy roads out there.

Been wanting a sport chassis for towing the trailer vs the truck, nothing like the beast you have but the normal ones. Just don't know how they smooth they drive unloaded.

Safe Travels!

Skater368

Reaction score
ha ha ha, I thought I was airborne too a couple of times drive the truck and trailer to Texas.. Some crappy roads out there.

Been wanting a sport chassis for towing the trailer vs the truck, nothing like the beast you have but the normal ones. Just don't know how they smooth they drive unloaded.

Safe Travels!

I aired down to 75 for my unloaded drive out. For the most part it’s fine. Getting into these few cities that have issues.OKC, St Louis and the entire network between Chicago and Michigan. I just now stopped to take a break.
Decided to try the turnpike to avoid OKC. The toll booths are car sized. Stopped at the first, blew the rest. 🤷🏼

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
We're with you in spirit ole sport.... don't get behind any cement trucks on way back, lol. [Couldn't resist]

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Look what I seen on the road yesterday! Simply amazing! Congratulations Steve

Normally I would say he needs to move to the left a lane or two so people can appreciate the boat, but since that tilt is just as amazing I guess it doesn't matter!

Tank

Reaction score
Look what I seen on the road yesterday! Simply amazing! Congratulations Steve
Tight squeeze getting the 38 past that on the highway no!? :eek: :eek:

Looking great!!

skater1.png
skater2.png
skater3.png

The tilt trailers never cease to inspire awe whenever I see them. Pretty cool piece of engineering marvel.

People gotta freak out seeing that go down the road.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

jnmn

Reaction score
Well it’s apparent I can’t upload the video I took yesterday, sorry!

jnmn

Reaction score
The wind is very bad right now blowing tumble weeds and construction signs across I-40. We murdered a weeds in the last 50 miles

Tank

Reaction score
The wind is very bad right now blowing tumble weeds and construction signs across I-40. We murdered a weeds in the last 50 miles
Be careful driving Tony. See you soon. 👍