WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Skater 368, from the beginning.

jnmn

Reaction score
A lone sighting camouflaged among the trees. But I spotted it....

Attachments

• CDA038FC-A863-4B8D-BE7B-4982ADF1DA2E.jpeg
    CDA038FC-A863-4B8D-BE7B-4982ADF1DA2E.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 349

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
That's awesome, we know how massive the rig is, and its tiny in comparison to the trailer. Even more awesome is a traditional big rig in the shot for size comparison.

Skater368

Upon My Request This is all Folks Skater368/nganga
Reaction score
One thing we know .... Steve ain't texting and driving... or at least he's not watching us talk about him on RDP

You guys having a chuckle at my sideways video I see. 😂

good stuff.

stopping in Albuquerque for a nap. Gonna roll into Phoenix about daylight probably.

Skater368

Reaction score

good stuff.

stopping in Albuquerque for a nap. Gonna roll into Phoenix about daylight probably.

And no, I don’t text driving. When required one or two words or just an emoji. Specially with this rig and these shit highways
Cheers gents.
Thread has been fun

844 today 👍

attitude

Reaction score

good stuff.

I’m sure staring at it now is nice but once you get home, get some sleep and can relax, crack a beer, and stare at it I’m sure it will really set in. Safe travels!

Reactions: DWC

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Wow! Just wow!
In some pics, it doesn't appear very big. In others it looks like it could eat the sport chassis.
I hope your trip home ends boring and uneventful...it means everything is good.

I can't wait to see it in the Arizona sun. I'm sure you can't wait to put it in the water out here.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Welcome home ..... Get some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzs...... and I just bet some of the local RDP'rs will lend a hand when you're ready for maiden launch. You might even want to do a stealth launch to keep crowds to a minimum. Thanks for taking us along for the ride!

stingray11

Reaction score
Welcome home ..... Get some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzs...... and I just bet some of the local RDP'rs will lend a hand when you're ready for maiden launch. You might even want to do a stealth launch to keep crowds to a minimum. Thanks for taking us along for the ride!
Stealth launch will be impossible towing a Billboard of that boat down the road.I remember my first time to our lake back in 1989 we went to the lake for a 3 day weekend with my brand new twin engine,outboard, 23' Eliminator daytona on the east coast. We had a crowd around the boat the entire time we were there. On and off the water. No one had ever seen a west coast boat like that back then.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

MeCasa16

Reaction score
let’s try this video and see if it works
The video works great, I just had to download it to watch it. The boat looks amazing in the sun going down the road. I cant wait to see it on the water. I'm sure its going to draw a huge crowd everywhere it goes.

Skater368

Reaction score
It’s just going to get dirty again when you leave for Havasu.

I drove through rain for 3-4 hours earlier yesterday. It’s filthy. 😁

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: DWC

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I drove through rain for 3-4 hours earlier yesterday. It’s filthy. 😁
If i understood correctly, you’re near Pleasant, to go from home to there can you flat tow, or will you have to tilt them flatten at the launch even there.

Skater368

Reaction score
If i understood correctly, you’re near Pleasant, to go from home to there can you flat tow, or will you have to tilt them flatten at the launch even there.
Maybe? If it’s flat in the garage, probably just tow it flat. I don’t think the Peoria police would hassle me. If they did, I’d just tilt it while they were writing me a ticket for over-width. 😂

renodaytona

Reaction score
Absolute stunning build. Thanks for sharing and I hope to see this up close one day.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Maybe? If it’s flat in the garage, probably just tow it flat. I don’t think the Peoria police would hassle me. If they did, I’d just tilt it while they were writing me a ticket for over-width. [emoji23]

Can’t you flat tow with just an oversized banner on the back or do you need a permit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skater368

Reaction score
Can’t you flat tow with just an oversized banner on the back or do you need a permit?

I’m not sure about the law on it. When I made the tilt decision, it was due to knowing getting stopped on my way to vacation wasn’t something I was willing to risk.
I’m 100 percent legal anywhere I want tilted.
I have talked to several guys that do exactly as you said and have not had problems

tilting also protects the boat from road damage. It’s 100% protected by the trailer deck.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
@Skater368 id imagine you’d have to be tilted to get through the entrance points @ Pleasant if you’re showing up unannounced. Most Likely 10-lane / Scorpion Bay?

Do you plan on splashing there at some point and if so, have you ran logistics for such a plan?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Maybe? If it’s flat in the garage, probably just tow it flat. I don’t think the Peoria police would hassle me. If they did, I’d just tilt it while they were writing me a ticket for over-width. 😂
Where in Peoria are you? My buddy with the all white Nordic/Skater is in Peoria right off N Lake Pleasant Pkwy.

Skater368

Reaction score
@Skater368 id imagine you’d have to be tilted to get through the entrance points @ Pleasant if you’re showing up unannounced. Most Likely 10-lane / Scorpion Bay?

Do you plan on splashing there at some point and if so, have you ran logistics for such a plan?

I though about those entrances.I’ll just use the 10 lane.

likely only use LP on weekdays. Too small and too busy for weekends.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
I though about those entrances.I’ll just use the 10 lane.

likely only use LP on weekdays. Too small and too busy for weekends.

Very cool. Already knew it would be great to run into @FROGMAN524 out there but excited to see you out as well. I'll just have to remember not to blink or I might miss ya haha.

I'm usually not out there until they open the Agua Fria arm but I will make an exception :p

Skater368

Reaction score
Very cool. Already knew it would be great to run into @FROGMAN524 out there but excited to see you out as well. I'll just have to remember not to blink or I might miss ya haha.

I'm usually not out there until they open the Agua Fria arm but I will make an exception :p

Auga Fria arm = excellent Flathead fishing. 🤷🏼

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
I'm a fly fisherman so I don't know about that flathead life :cool:

Agua Fria arm = no water sports and more quite coves w/ large canyon walls for shade :p

Skater368

Reaction score

I see you guys on the way to the lake occasionally while I'm on my road bike out there. I ride out there 3-4 days a week. (be nice to bikes 🤣)

Duramax

Reaction score

In AZ you just need an Oversize Load permit. Every year I would go to the DMV, go upstairs, fill out a permit and I was on my way (like $85 I think). I would load up on Oversize Load signs and flags as they would always go to shit, and the flags sticks would break. I have heard other states can be a real bitch for Oversize, but we are lucky in AZ. When I took mine back to Skater, I took my chances and just ran it. Everybody I spoke with said lose the sign and flags and just run it to Skater. They were right as I had no issues.

Skater368

Reaction score
In AZ you just need an Oversize Load permit. Every year I would go to the DMV, go upstairs, fill out a permit and I was on my way (like $85 I think). I would load up on Oversize Load signs and flags as they would always go to shit, and the flags sticks would break. I have heard other states can be a real bitch for Oversize, but we are lucky in AZ. When I took mine back to Skater, I took my chances and just ran it. Everybody I spoke with said lose the sign and flags and just run it to Skater. They were right as I had no issues.

You were 12'?

MooreMoney

Reaction score
@Skater368 i remember you taping out the trailer to make sure it fit in your garage. Million dollar question is did it fit? Ha this has been a lot of fun to watch, thank you for sharing the process.