WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Skater 368, from the beginning.

jnmn

Reaction score
Steve, Wonderful to see the boat out on the water running like it should. Congrats!

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Such a beautiful boat. Any chance you want to roll to Mohave in two weeks? Got the FIL coming in town and heading up to the river. If all else fails, we can do Pleasant for a day.

Reactions: DWC

RaceTec

Reaction score
Such an amazing build!!! Not to pry or anything but was the lift on the trailer successful for his son? I thought that was a great part about this build too!

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Such an amazing build!!! Not to pry or anything but was the lift on the trailer successful for his son? I thought that was a great part about this build too!
Yes, the lift works. No, Brian won't do it. We did a dry run in my garage. Brian liked the harness, wore it no sweat. Once the winch lifted his feet off the ground, he lost his shit and refused.

We are boarding him with a carpeted "bridge" that I cut to fit around the windshield and the intake scoop. Works great. @rivrrts429 helped us board him. We essentially drag him on, like a sack of potatoes. :cool:

He loves the boat and he helps me prep the boat at the dock by turning things on and off when I ask him to. Mom gives up the front seat EVERY time. The back seat of the boat is VERY windy, the windshield creates a low pressure area. rivrrts429 experimented with seated height. The higher you sit, the less wind, to a point. The wind behind the windshield up front is zero.

As to rivrrats429 comment about snotty confused water, pointing this boat into that green slop and getting it packing air is not to be believed unless you've experienced it.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Steve summed it up pretty well but he built a carpeted bridge of sorts to span the gap between the boat and the dock. Actually works extremely well as his son can help a bit. It really was fairly seamless.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
5946D327-6655-4484-ABF1-81D6CEFF227F.jpeg

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
I've said it before in this thread, the colors on this boat are absolute and complete perfection. They are so vivid, and the splashes of color are just enough in the right spots. Unreal.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Still running issue free?

Yup. "my" fix was the right choice of components for this engine package. It holds proper fuel pressure and flow at all RPM's

I've said it before in this thread, the colors on this boat are absolute and complete perfection. They are so vivid, and the splashes of color are just enough in the right spots. Unreal.

Thanks very much for that. I owe it all to listening to artist and letting them be artists. @Gelcoater help me quite a bit with understanding how some of these colors work together. I still just stare at it in the water.

IMG_3677.JPG

JFMFG

Reaction score
Yup. "my" fix was the right choice of components for this engine package. It holds proper fuel pressure and flow at all RPM's

Thanks very much for that. I owe it all to listening to artist and letting them be artists. @Gelcoater help me quite a bit with understanding how some of these colors work together. I still just stare at it in the water.

View attachment 1181169
Steve will you be attending supercat fest west? I know you’ve had it with DS

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Steve will you be attending supercat fest west? I know you’ve had it with DS
Planning on being there throughout SCFW and DS. Not sure about what level of attendance or participation we will do with either until a schedule comes out. I'm willing to give the new DS owner a chance, we all should.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

View attachment 1181169
Yeah she's a beauty.... and it was so cool to follow your build. Myself, I'm curious as a pure salt water coastal boater; do you have any thoughts on ocean boating? I understand folks in SW tend to stay fresh water usage and this vessel is pretty much artwork .... however Skater does build for big water I have come to know. Thoughts?

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Yeah she's a beauty.... and it was so cool to follow your build. Myself, I'm curious as a pure salt water coastal boater; do you have any thoughts on ocean boating? I understand folks in SW tend to stay fresh water usage and this vessel is pretty much artwork .... however Skater does build for big water I have come to know. Thoughts?
I can say this as an absolute. I will NEVER put it in salt. I spend so many hours cleaning and keeping everything ready, I just can't get myself to go down that road. The amount of work this boat is, for a "one man show" is beyond unbelievable. That will be the limiting factor on my length of owning this boat.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I can say this as an absolute. I will NEVER put it in salt. I spend so many hours cleaning and keeping everything ready, I just can't get myself to go down that road. The amount of work this boat is, for a "one man show" is beyond unbelievable. That will be the limiting factor on my length of owning this boat.
I understand your response.... I'm a youthful 63.... as a guy who boats on both coast I get the diference in boaters here in west. And like I said she's pure art.... and I know what salt and pounding does on boats.... For me its about the experience in big blue.... but I have given up on keeping em spotless just for my mental health ha.... I had to learn that compromise over time and I finally came to place where my boats aren't art..... we've seen your garage flooring so I totally appreciate your vibe my brutha :cool:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
listening to artist and letting them be artists. @Gelcoater help me quite a bit with understanding how some of these colors work together. I still just stare at it
And it has a hint of green😎😂

You stare because it’s part art and part magic.
The magic happens when an artist is allowed to be an artist.
It’s when one of a kind happens.

Emulated perhaps, but never another just like it.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Keep an eye out for a Youtube channel I'm starting "Best Retirement Ever" Its going to have lots of Skater content, Cycling, South America fishing, Big Game hunting, Chevelles and other cool stuff. There's already a couple videos up. I am getting some Go-Pro's to start doing it right. Going to do the first one on tilting. How to prepare the boat, tying it down, tilting, locking. Thats the number one question I get, tilting stuff.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
And it has a hint of green😎😂

You stare because it’s part art and part magic.
The magic happens when an artist is allowed to be an artist.
It’s when one of a kind happens.

Emulated perhaps, but never another just like it.
It was frightening to just turn Steve loose at times. He has these wild ideas. He'd call me at all hours of the night and discuss how he wants to fade an 1/8" pinstripe from front to rear and fade the same pinstripe on the other side of the boat, the other way. Those are the small details that just aren't seen by folks.

I still find new and hidden things deep in the paint when I'm wiping it down.

I got my first scratch last time out. I hopped up on the deck from the dock on my butt. My board shorts had a zipper in the rear pocket. :mad:

HST4ME

Reaction score
The hues of red on that boat, let alone the other details. I walked around it for an hour before peeking my head up top.

DWC

Reaction score
Our deck boat is a SOB to clean. It’s a solid hour for a quick wipe down. Twice as long for the last trip of the weekend. I thought it was a lot until my buddies 35’ Nordic. Can’t imagine what it takes to get it dialed in.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Our deck boat is a SOB to clean. It’s a solid hour for a quick wipe down. Twice as long for the last trip of the weekend. I thought it was a lot until my buddies 35’ Nordic. Can’t imagine what it takes to get it dialed in.
Seriously it takes me and my wife 45 mins to do out boat with both us helping.

HST4ME

Reaction score
Sending you a PM. Come join us in the freshwater seas, and bring your bikes.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
River Rats have the cleanest bilges known to mankind.... bless your hearts.... swear to God you dudes can eat off your engine blocks and your trailers are spotless too.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
@Skinny Tire AH looks like you’re selling? Building something new or just done?
Just time Brother. Brian is very difficult for Lori and I to get Brian in and out of the boat. We're both getting older and lifting his ass in and out is super hard.

Been the plan all year. Move it after the season and replace it with a Pontoon. Side door access, Brian can walk on, shade front to rear, BBQ, I can actually beach it, etc.

No regrets here, buying, building and owning have all been what dreams are made of.
IMG_4430.jpg

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
Just time Brother. Brian is very difficult for Lori and I to get Brian in and out of the boat. We're both getting older and lifting his ass in and out is super hard.

Been the plan all year. Move it after the season and replace it with a Pontoon. Side door access, Brian can walk on, shade front to rear, BBQ, I can actually beach it, etc.

No regrets here, buying, building and owning have all been what dreams are made of. View attachment 1292812
Great plan for the family. Nice job. 👍👍

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I did not see this one coming.

The best decisions are always made for the best reasons, change can be one of the best parts of moving down the road!

I am fairly certain this "pontoon" might be a bit more than the usual, looking forward to a thread.

Best wishes to you, your wife and your son Brian.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
As a neat addition to other boat type stuff, fishing from a pontoon may be a bit better as well. I've never owned a really nice boat, but just being able to beach a boat makes things so much easier as well.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
I'm thinking there will be a 2nd fast boat coming soon.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Did this officially go up for sale? Post the link so I can drool.

DLC

Reaction score
Thank you for dragging us all along Your Skater Journey!
For a lot of us we will never get to experience That Path

lol

Such a Beautiful boat

Congratulations

looking forward to seeing what’s next - Toon Time !

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Thank you for dragging us all along Your Skater Journey!
For a lot of us we will never get to experience That Path

lol

Such a Beautiful boat

Congratulations

looking forward to seeing what’s next - Toon Time !
Thanks, next up a family toon and a small jet, river shooter of some kind. Either a 19 Daytona or a Dan Nelson Predator