WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Skips prop shop now “Liberty Props”

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I lent a set of props to a friend and he took them down there for a once over (there was some feathering on the leading edge). I got them back and the bull was very reasonable and the props look brand new! Very impressed with their work.

Anyhow I got a kick out of the sign on the door.. and one of the rental boats that was out front!

C9BBA09D-FB2A-4E64-B7CC-CB73C78BFF66.jpeg

😳😳😳
8CBDDDAD-B908-409A-B90D-854C90DDEB4C.jpeg
75B27F20-EE39-4880-B91E-C7D22DEAED87.jpeg

That guy musta just kept on going through the rocks.. lol

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
So skip retired or sold the business to Liberty?

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
The rocks "always win" when one tries to make little ones out of big ones!!!! I always used to say to the customer "the sun must have been in your eyes when that happened". Most got a kick out of it, some didn't. 😁

DWC

Reaction score
I definitely got a kick out of that sign. Cracked me up. Same deal with the “don’t lose the ticket or you lose your prop” speech that the ladies give. :oops: Unfortunately, I’ve been there 3 times this year. Dinged a prop not paying attention at Windsor (-;(34 warning my daughter every trip), has them weld the foil/whaletail that people think is a step all of a sudden and my in-laws got both props at Windsor last week. Oops. Amazing how busy that place is every time.

sintax

Reaction score
I definitely got a kick out of that sign. Cracked me up. Same deal with the “don’t lose the ticket or you lose your prop” speech that the ladies give. :oops: Unfortunately, I’ve been there 3 times this year. Dinged a prop not paying attention at Windsor (-;(34 warning my daughter every trip), has them weld the foil/whaletail that people think is a step all of a sudden and my in-laws got both props at Windsor last week. Oops. Amazing how busy that place is every time.

hahah you sound just liked my dad! He can’t launch at Windsor without ending up in those rocks. He swears that launch is haunted or built on an Indian burial ground.

Reactions: DWC

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
They fixed a Cleaver for me last year when the bolt that holds the Zinc on (And the lower) came out and wadded up 2 of the tips. It came back looking flawless!

Tpltrbl303

Reaction score
They have fixed many a prop for me, both Skip and the new owner. Always happy with the work and costs.

Seeing that sign makes me want to drive over some rocks so I have a reason to give them more business

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
hahah you sound just liked my dad! He can’t launch at Windsor without ending up in those rocks. He swears that launch is haunted or built on an Indian burial ground.
Knock on wood, it’s the first time I’ve done it After warning my kids every weekend i was the one that finally clipped it My daughter still laughs about it
My SIL clipped it with my wife in the boat Wife warned her before they launched, heading towards it drifting into it It was cold/windy and i sure wasn’t hoping in to get them off of it Hell of a lesson

outboardrick

Reaction score
I guess he sold it to an employee named rich? I don’t make it a habit of fucking up props so I’ve only been in prop repair shops twice in the last ten years..

One I will never use again..

This one I would
Richard is Skip's son, and used to own The Propeller Company. Very good prop guy and welder/fabricator. Dave, did you notice the sign on the door from the office to the shop, very funny also?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Richard is Skip's son, and used to own The Propeller Company. Very good prop guy and welder/fabricator. Dave, did you notice the sign on the door from the office to the shop, very funny also?

didn’t notice it..

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Not sure why they are so adamant about the ticket, every time I go there they always ask, do you see your prop over there? Great place, great prices and fast turnaround.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Judging by the number of trucks that get hit in the parking lot every weekend.....i think he's right!

River Runnin

Reaction score
Done by Assholes that can't run a fuk'n boat! ... Repair? Replace? or Hang it on a wall!

Prop 1.jpg

Prop 2.jpg

At least 4 of the fuker's (one for each blade) hit me while slip'd!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
I guess he sold it to an employee named rich? I don’t make it a habit of fucking up props so I’ve only been in prop repair shops twice in the last ten years..

One I will never use again..

This one I would
Richard...is his son
I still send props up to a Vegas shop for repair tho ;)

LibertyProps

Reaction score
... Repair? Replace? or Hang it on a wall!

View attachment 963561

View attachment 963562
This has a good chance of being repaired. There's a chance that the blade may break off completely due to the angle of it being bent. But since you can't use it in this condition anyway, might as well try to get it fixed. It doesn't cost you anything if we can't fix it.

As for the confusion around the company... Don't worry. We are the same company ran by the same people that have been running it for years. Richard (skip's son) finally purchased the company from Skip who retired years ago. Richard has been running the shop since Skip's retirement and continues to run it today. The only thing that has changed was the name. We are here for all your prop and welding needs!

And as a side note... We think it's great that you all have enjoyed our sign. We've enjoyed reading all the comments. Glad we can make y'all smile.

Last edited:

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Ive tried calling them and keep getting a busy signal, anyone have an updated number?
One i keep trying. +1 (928) 855-0887

Springfield

Reaction score
Ive tried calling them and keep getting a busy signal, anyone have an updated number?
One i keep trying. +1 (928) 855-0887
That is the number I have and always spoke to Cindi......just called ands they only have one line so keep trying until its your turn. ;)

If its that urgent I have several props and could do a loaner. :rolleyes:

Mike K

Reaction score
A little late to this … but my able bodied son in law and me and another son in law came to pick up a prop that got damaged hitting a piece of wood up by the sandbar … so we pay and start to pick up the prop and an employee with the biggest smile ever grabbed it and said “ where’s your boat ? “ … we stood around like snowflake milenials while this guy (older than us ) laid in the street and put the ski prop on way under the boat … totally unexpected … my son in law offered him $20 and he refused ! I should have told the boss but I forgot. This shop knows what customer service is for sure. I won’t go anywhere else. Don’t lose the ticket 😀

Springfield

Reaction score
A little late to this … but my able bodied son in law and me and another son in law came to pick up a prop that got damaged hitting a piece of wood up by the sandbar … so we pay and start to pick up the prop and an employee with the biggest smile ever grabbed it and said “ where’s your boat ? “ … we stood around like snowflake milenials while this guy (older than us ) laid in the street and put the ski prop on way under the boat … totally unexpected … my son in law offered him $20 and he refused ! I should have told the boss but I forgot. This shop knows what customer service is for sure. I won’t go anywhere else. Don’t lose the ticket 😀
Been my go to for years, didn’t know there was any other place. 😉

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Lol love it.

I had mine fixed a couple years back. And when I came to pick up I didn't have my tools, so the lady that worked the counter said I got you and came out and put it back on for me lol. She was awesome