WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Slash X

RVRKID

Reaction score
Did a pre season shake down today from Dale Evans to Slash X and around Stoddard Wells, did about 55 miles total.
IMG_7679.JPG

IMG_7681.JPG

IMG_7682.JPG

IMG_7684.JPG

IMG_7688.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
They still charge ten bucks for a hamburger at the Slash?? lol

Good times. We used to ride out of Bell Mountain all the time. Quit going when they made us stage in a lot further. Lots of good riding out there.

:)

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

Good times. We used to ride out of Bell Mountain all the time. Quit going when they made us stage in a lot further. Lots of good riding out there.

We like east of Barstow rd. The riding terrain gets real interesting.
Entrance off Outlet center dr has become so deep rutted it’s impassable last time we tried.
Still a good burger and fresh cut Fries at the X. Can’t be in a hurry there.

RVRKID

Reaction score

I didn't buy but I think it was around $10 for the Double Cheese and fries, damn good burger too. We staged at Dale Evans this time for the day ride, we were going to maybe try down Bell Mountain for a quick weekend, that is where we always camped when I was a kid.

RVRKID

Reaction score
We like east of Barstow rd. The riding terrain gets real interesting.
Entrance off Outlet center dr has become so deep rutted it’s impassable last time we tried.
Still a good burger and fresh cut Fries at the X. Can’t be in a hurry there.

I like riding on that side but haven't gone too far yet. We want to try and go to the Barn or the Legion one Saturday from Stoddard.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I didn't buy but I think it was around $10 for the Double Cheese and fries, damn good burger too. We staged at Dale Evans this time for the day ride, we were going to maybe try down Bell Mountain for a quick weekend, that is where we always camped when I was a kid.

Bell Mountain is no longer part of the legal riding area. You'll get booted out pretty quick. Ask me how I know...

:rolleyes:

RVRKID

Reaction score
Bell Mountain is no longer part of the legal riding area. You'll get booted out pretty quick. Ask me how I know...

:rolleyes:

Is that the same as Stoddard Wells road? Get off the 15 and head straight until you hit the dirt and keep going down to a clearance and pull in and camp?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Is that the same as Stoddard Wells road? Get off the 15 and head straight until you hit the dirt and keep going down to a clearance and pull in and camp?

That's exactly what we used to do. But you can't anymore. You have to drive in quite a bit deeper to hit the legal off road aera. I'm not sure exactly where the south end of it is anymore. Can't seem to find a good map on Google either.

Ever think about going to Dove Springs? I know that neck of the woods Really well. Lot's more to do out that way. ;)

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
There are or were some No OHV signs posted here and there around Stoddard.

Lots of good open camping right down the trail from Slash X.
Good home base spot.
But, dusty as a SOB.

Wife is talking up a TDay long weekend at Spangler.
Runs to the Pinnacles, Husky, X15 and the Joint.

RVRKID

Reaction score
There are or were some No OHV signs posted here and there around Stoddard.

Lots of good open camping right down the trail from Slash X.
Good home base spot.
But, dusty as a SOB.

Wife is talking up a TDay long weekend at Spangler.
Runs to the Pinnacles, Husky, X15 and the Joint.

We are heading to Havasu TDay, planning on Cal City Christmas Day for 4-5 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DLC

Reaction score
We should plan A RDP turkey ride! It’s hard to soar like eagles when your surrounded by turkeys!

I think I finally got my car together and reliable! Had a few bugs to work out but I think I’m over the hump!

yz450mm

Reaction score
That's exactly what we used to do. But you can't anymore. You have to drive in quite a bit deeper to hit the legal off road aera. I'm not sure exactly where the south end of it is anymore. Can't seem to find a good map on Google either.

Ever think about going to Dove Springs? I know that neck of the woods Really well. Lot's more to do out that way. ;)
Unless something has changed in the past few months, you can still stage and camp off of Stoddard Wells Road once you get to the big open areas on the left and right. However, I would advise against it, because you will find lots of kids doing donuts on quads without helmets, trash left behind, burned pallets, and Raider Nation Flags. I stopped by to visit my buddy when he was camping there about six months ago, and he had almost gotten into it with the neighbors twice because of their kids riding right through his camp.

I see that the map shows the boundary not making it down that far, but I've never heard of it being an issue.

If you want to camp with full hookups and still be able to ride right out of camp, check out the OHV portion of the Calico Ghost Town Campground. If you want to camp all by yourself and be left alone, hit up Johnson Valley.

gqchris

Reaction score
Unless something has changed in the past few months, you can still stage and camp off of Stoddard Wells Road once you get to the big open areas on the left and right. However, I would advise against it, because you will find lots of kids doing donuts on quads without helmets, trash left behind, burned pallets, and Raider Nation Flags. I stopped by to visit my buddy when he was camping there about six months ago, and he had almost gotten into it with the neighbors twice because of their kids riding right through his camp.

I see that the map shows the boundary not making it down that far, but I've never heard of it being an issue.

If you want to camp with full hookups and still be able to ride right out of camp, check out the OHV portion of the Calico Ghost Town Campground. If you want to camp all by yourself and be left alone, hit up Johnson Valley.

This is the area that my group always camps. Its no different from other areas with the Raider nation. Doesn't bother us, but if its too crowded, just keep driving up the road. Plenty of secluded areas a mile up and beyond. Just stay off the main road and you wont have the drama.

We drive from there to Johnson Valley and beyond. The reason we like it there is its close and easy. Then we can plan rides out.

Anyone needs info let me know, as I know that area very well.