WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Slide topper wind speed?

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
I know RVr’s awnings are to be brought in when the wind kicks up, maybe 15-20mph.
what about slides with toppers? I’ve looked all over and there doesn’t seem to be any hard limit. What I have found is how some folks tie the topper down a bit so it doesn’t flap or billow.
Any sage advice?

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I know RVr’s awnings are to be brought in when the wind kicks up, maybe 15-20mph.
what about slides with toppers? I’ve looked all over and there doesn’t seem to be any hard limit. What I have found is how some folks tie the topper down a bit so it doesn’t flap or billow.
Any sage advice?

A good friend uses beach balls under the topper, he winters in Laughlin/BHC, pretty decent winds blow thru, without any problems.

Dan'l

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Thanks, I have heard of that too and I'm good with the various "fixes" but I'm trying to find an answer as to how much wind is too much

BEFORE it breaks my shit! LOL

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Thanks, I have heard of that too and I'm good with the various "fixes" but I'm trying to find an answer as to how much wind is too much

BEFORE it breaks my shit! LOL
They don’t come out as far and won’t rip off like the shade. What will happen is that they will stretch some due big to wind over time.

The balls are used for large amounts of rain/snow not necessarily for wind.

If you feel like it’s to much pull in the slide, takes 12 seconds. lol.

Are the toppers covered when stored? The sun will kill fabric if it’s out side.

Cdog

Reaction score
Is it worth it to get the slide toppers? I figured it was one more thing to break.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Is it worth it to get the slide toppers? I figured it was one more thing to break.
I would. I want them on our Genesis. But my rv shop doesn’t know if there is a backer to mount them too.