WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

small form factor woofer.

bocco

Reaction score
My boat came with a couple of bazooka tube woofers mounted on each side vertically under my closed bow. I can't get any mounting hardware that will hold these big things in place. A rough day on the water breaks them loose. I don't have room for 9 or 10 inch woofers anyplace. Are smaller ones available? I have 4 6x9 speakers across the front of my back seat. I could give up 2 holes for woofers if they can be had in a 6x9 format. I understand that smaller woofers may not sound as good but I'm OK with that.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Gary

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Bazooka makes a mounting bracket for their tubes:

I don't know if these would work in a boat though...

Off the top of my head Rockville is the only company that I can think of that makes a dedicated 6x9 subwoofer. The shape just doesnt lend itself naturally to low frequency bass like a round speaker. The good news is they are cheap.

Moving from dual bass tubes down to a 6x9 subwoofer is going to be a huge difference in thump...

bocco

Reaction score
Bazooka makes a mounting bracket for their tubes:

I don't know if these would work in a boat though...

Off the top of my head Rockville is the only company that I can think of that makes a dedicated 6x9 subwoofer. The shape just doesnt lend itself naturally to low frequency bass like a round speaker. The good news is they are cheap.

Moving from dual bass tubes down to a 6x9 subwoofer is going to be a huge difference in thump...
Thanks for those. I like both options. If I keep the bazookas I may need to ensure that the screws are very secure. The bazookas are under my closed bow so moving to the Rockville option may be OK.

Plus as I mentioned, I'm OK with giving up a little sound quality. I'm not a huge stereo guy. All of this equipment came in the boat when I got it so I'm just keeping it functional.