WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Smaller boat organization.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Trying to maximize my boat space, Do you leave life jackets out and accessible or engine compartment or under seat cushions?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Trying to maximize my boat space, Do you leave life jackets out and accessible or engine compartment or under seat cushions?

single brick under the bow of five.. then usually ski jackets to make up the rest.. fenders under the bow but accessible. Ropes coiled behind the driver and passenger seat. Cooler on the floor between driver and passenger seat..

Usually how I did it in the small boat(s).

in the Hallett throw all that shit under the front and close the door. Yell at the kids to clean it up if they open the door and I see if. Lol.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I kept everything I needed under the deck or seats of my Hondo Flat. Ski's were under the deck, ski rope coiled on passenger side floor, and cooler sitting on back seat. Life jackets and throw cushion between seats and side of the hull or under the seats. To me an 18 foot flatty is normal size not small. Anything above that is big (and boring unless we're out in big blue.).

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
In my 21’ I have the brick of adult jackets under the bow along with my bumpers, 2 low profile rubber maid containers and the AO cooler. Box anchor/150’ rope, sand spike and oar in the ski locker. Front drivers seat reg/ins and air horn. Rear drivers seat has dock lines and then pass side seats have the first aid kit, ski flag and my wooden stick to check fuel level since it’s a Jet Bote.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Life jackets have to be in reach or just the floating throw?

Last edited:

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Any under seat storage? Ropes/first aid kit/little shit goes there. If we’re skiing, the rope stays coiled on the floor. Vests are up under the deck, cooler goes where it fits.

Dana757

Reaction score
Don't put all the jackets under the bow. When I sank a boat in the middle of Havasu all the jackets went down with the ship.

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
Everything depends on your boat. Clean but accessible is the goal.

In our 25 we have our ski jackets under the seats, four orange brick jackets under the hatch, and two throwables in arms reach at all times (Between drivers seat and side and passenger seat and side).

squeezer

Reaction score
Kids jackets on the kids of course. Any adult that I am not 100% sure of their swimming abilities gets handed a jacket. Lines/ropes/handles/gloves in the locker under the seat behind the driver. Fenders/Anchor/(Wet Stuff) in Starbord side locker beside the engine. Dry jackets/toys/etc in Port side engine locker. Paddle and wet suits under passenger side bench. Dry towels and spare clothes in observer seat locker. Hats, sunblock, phones in glove box. Shoes under drivers seat. Soft cooler in walkthrough.

The key in a small boat is only take what you need. The right sized soft cooler also changed the game as it freed up cockpit space. Wet and dry lockers also help keep things easy.

2Driver

Reaction score
Having mostly 21’s the best thing we did is have friends and guests store their stuff on their boat. 😁

sintax

Reaction score
21'er here...

block of 5 life vests under the bow, dock lines and 1 longer line in the tiny locker above the vdrive, longer lines under the rear seat. Fenders, anchor, spike under the engine hatch. Usually soft cooler behind one of the front seats.

Going to have to rethink some of it since i'm moving the batts around and adding sea strainers right now.

Riverryder

Reaction score
All I know is, no matter how organized I have things at the start of the day it’s all undone by the end.

In the wipe down lane I’m always mother f’n all the crap I have in it. I keep swearing I’m going to throw everything out of it.
I have 2 small kids. 7 and 4 so I bring a big chest of sand toys for them. It makes them happy. Oh and to add to the crap I just bought them a lilly pad talk about a big regret! They love it tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk