WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Smart bed , or ?

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Tired of our "sleep number" bed always kept it a 95% inflated and nevr really liked it , loved our King water bed we slept on for 20+ years but the backs wont take it anymore , so looking at "Smart beds , I really like the dual adjustable feature (good for heartburn and late nite TV , the sales people are worse that used car salesman ... any inside dope from rdp folks ?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
We had to get a replacement for our Zinus memory foam mattress, which wasn’t good for the baby…

So we just got a regular mattress and an adjustable base under it. You can add these bases to virtually any mattress.

They have remotes and preset settings, super easy. If you spend more than $2k, you’re doing it wrong IMHO

We bought all of it an NFM and had them set it up and deliver it. Amazon sells the bases…

IMG_7238.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
We returned our Sleep Number Bed and went with a Memory Foam / Pillow Top Mattress. Best sleep I’ve ever had!

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
We had to get a replacement for our Zinus memory foam mattress, which wasn’t good for the baby…

So we just got a regular mattress and an adjustable base under it. You can add these bases to virtually any mattress.

They have remotes and preset settings, super easy. If you spend more than $2k, you’re doing it wrong IMHO

We bought all of it an NFM and had them set it up and deliver it. Amazon sells the bases…

View attachment 1027598

Good info Found this too

jetboatperformance

Reaction score

View attachment 1027598

Ordered this yesterday Sven and Son via Amazon , hopefully "test driving" soon , got split King with all the bells and whistles , fingers crossed ! thanks for the recommendation

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
We have been up to Montana several times the last couple years and stay with my wife's brother. The room they put us up in has a purple mattress and I found I was sleeping great on it. So we recently purchased one for our house, so far so good. My normal morning backache has been slowly fading away and I have noticed I fall asleep faster.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
We have been up to Montana several times the last couple years and stay with my wife's brother. The room they put us up in has a purple mattress and I found I was sleeping great on it. So we recently purchased one for our house, so far so good. My normal morning backache has been slowly fading away and I have noticed I fall asleep faster.
I have been interested in one of these. I slepted on a casper at my sons house and thought it was warm and didn't like it. Is the purple warm?

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
I have been interested in one of these. I slepted on a casper at my sons house and thought it was warm and didn't like it. Is the purple warm?
With my original mattress I would sometimes wake up at night sweating but haven't had that happen.. yet.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
How has this worked out so far?
Good question , There are some features I'm not sure I like not the least of which is the "crack" , with a split king theres the inevitable crack in the middle , no shit while "chasing the wife around " on afternoon i put my arm down thru the center crack to the underlying floor (was hysterical for both of us ) The remotes take time to get used to , I once put it into TV mode not knowing what it meant, The bed elevated about 18 inches and folded me up like a taco ... There are times when I miss our pillow top Queen ... Oh re remotes they need to have an "identifier" to keep from operating your sleeping mates bed , mine has a stainless 3/8 nut on the lanyard (to find it when groping at 3 am ... as for the rest , mechanics , set up , operation they work as described

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Good question , There are some features I'm not sure I like not the least of which is the "crack" , with a split king theres the inevitable crack in the middle , no shit while "chasing the wife around " on afternoon i put my arm down thru the center crack to the underlying floor (was hysterical for both of us ) The remotes take time to get used to , I once put it into TV mode not knowing what it meant, The bed elevated about 18 inches and folded me up like a taco ... There are times when I miss our pillow top Queen ... Oh re remotes they need to have an "identifier" to keep from operating your sleeping mates bed , mine has a stainless 3/8 nut on the lanyard (to find it when groping at 3 am ... as for the rest , mechanics , set up , operation they work as described
Thanks, I wondered about the separation of the two mattresses I was looking at the split cal king, how is the comfort?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Bought a new mattress last year. Told the salesman we wanted something firm. He showed us a few. Nice, but not firm enough. He said, well we have what we call “the Park Bench”. We each tried it. It was perfect! SOLD.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Thanks, I wondered about the separation of the two mattresses I was looking at the split cal king, how is the comfort?
I liked it better (firm) before the wife bought a pair of 3 inch memory foam toppers , but then I have learned to like a firm bed over the years , anyhow still getting used to the memory foam

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Thanks. I bought a Novaform at Costco and it hasn't stood up over time it has sagged quite a bit and I sleep in a hole every night. It's just over two years old now.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
After fifteen something years we finally bought a new bed.. sleep is hugely important so why not splurge..

All I can say is duck temperpedic mattresses.. Stacy abd I both hate them.

The electric up and down is cool as hell..

Oh and don’t fall for that “you can return it in 90
Days if you don’t like it”. That was a bunch of bullshit.

Our plan is to get normal mattresses and use these for something else.. ungodly expensive

bocco

Reaction score
Recently went through the mattress shopping experience.

I wanted to try the foam hybrid type of mattress. Looked reviews and the Dreamcloud premier got high ratings so we gave it a try. This is the style that comes compressed in a box. The mattress got lost in shipping. They finally sent another one and then it showed up. I set it up and it didn't expand correctly. Called and complained and they sent another one. it got lost in shipping also. It didn't expand either. They refunded my money but I was stuck with two shitty mattresses. I had to haul them to a recycling place to get rid of them.

Then I ordered a Puffy Lux. So far it's great. it arrived in 5 days. It expanded to full size in a matter of minutes. Sleeping great so far.

What I figured out is that the Dreamcloud is made in India and they spend a long time in shipping and storage. The Puffy is made in USA and they make small batches so they don't sit around for a long time.

bocco

Reaction score
Ordered this yesterday Sven and Son via Amazon , hopefully "test driving" soon , got split King with all the bells and whistles , fingers crossed ! thanks for the recommendation
Looks like a good mattress at a great price. Please be sure to post a full review.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Recently went through the mattress shopping experience.

I wanted to try the foam hybrid type of mattress. Looked reviews and the Dreamcloud premier got high ratings so we gave it a try. This is the style that comes compressed in a box. The mattress got lost in shipping. They finally sent another one and then it showed up. I set it up and it didn't expand correctly. Called and complained and they sent another one. it got lost in shipping also. It didn't expand either. They refunded my money but I was stuck with two shitty mattresses. I had to haul them to a recycling place to get rid of them.

Then I ordered a Puffy Lux. So far it's great. it arrived in 5 days. It expanded to full size in a matter of minutes. Sleeping great so far.

What I figured out is that the Dreamcloud is made in India and they spend a long time in shipping and storage. The Puffy is made in USA and they make small batches so they don't sit around for a long time.
I tried the dream cloud as well. Fucking hard as a rock at first, we gave it like two months but it was like sleeping on a board. I returned it as part of their trial period, which means they ask you to find someone else who wants it and you fill out a form that you donated it and they refund you. That process was pretty painless, we found someone who likes a firm mattress and they love it (I guess free helps too).

We went back to a mattress store. Goes to show that some things you just can't buy online and expect what you anticipated. Though I will say trialing a mattress in a mattress store is pretty dumb too. The displays are all much softer from everyone laying on them than what you get new, so that throws you off too when you're like ":gee I thought this was softer in the store...".

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Following

Wife priced a sleep number that has the adjustable feature with heat at the feet or some shit. Said it was like 6K. I said put some socks on.
years ago I had one of those with an EX...I told her to keep it. If I want to sleep on an air mattress ill buy one at Walmart. $5k pile of shit.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
$5k for a mattress 🤣

I might spend that much on a mattress if it was stuffed with 30 or 40 $100 bills…

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
$5k for a mattress 🤣

I might spend that much on a mattress if it was stuffed with 30 or 40 $100 bills…
The one I have in TX was a whole $550 from Lowes on Black Friday a couple years back some seely? brand..its awesome lol

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
years ago I had one of those with an EX...I told her to keep it. If I want to sleep on an air mattress ill buy one at Walmart. $5k pile of shit.

We ended up getting one in November. It wasn't the 6k one but it was about 4k. We kept it about 45 days. I think I got 2 good night sleeping on it. Tried everything. Changed the setting and sleep for 3 or 4 days on it. Didn't work, so change setting again and try 3-4 nights again. Haven't been that tired since my Navy days.

They have 100 night guarantee. Sent it back. I think I ate the delivery and pick up fees of about $400. Ordered a memory foam like we have in TN and sleep great now. I was 1500.