WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Smog for diesel around upland

Clearmax

Reaction score
Anyone here know someone that will smog a diesel? I need a special smog. 2012 f350

parkerkp14

Reaction score
I need a "special" smog myself, does anyone know where I can get that done?

MrHooly

Reaction score
Anything I own that requires a "special" smog gets registered in Montana under an LLC as a "company vehicle" 😂 I also live in Upland. Permanent tags once it's 11 years old.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
That’s asking someone to potentially give up their job . There’s a BAR guy on here that can chime in on the potential punishment for passing an illegal car / truck . It’s not worth it .

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Diesel and smog in Cali. Just had to take my 04 6.0 to a smog center. They failed me because I had a DOT approved AirRaid Air filter and intake with the DOT tag installed. It was 70 bucks to fail, anther 20 for them to issue the cert after I put the stock air cleaner back on. Total bullshit, but welcome to California. I've smoged that same truck with that same air filter for the last 11 years with zero issues.

floatn turd

Reaction score
This subject straight infuriates me!
It truly tests my limits every 2 years.
Screenshot_20210331-065851_Google.jpg

dribble

Reaction score
Sure. All I know is it was legal for years up until this time around.

That’s asking someone to potentially give up their job . There’s a BAR guy on here that can chime in on the potential punishment for passing an illegal car / truck . It’s not worth it .

Retired BAR guy. Not my job anymore. The punishment for intentionally passing an illegal car and taking extra money for it can range from license revocation to a felony conviction for perjury under the VC 20 statute and H&S section 44059. The criminal part usually only happens when there are multiple violations or other aggravating factors (ie. prior offenses, criminal record etc). When I was a smog tech in the 80's I would never do it because I didn't want to be a mechanic all my life with no licenses and I wanted to work for BAR (which I did for almost 30 years) . There is always someone who will do it. It's fairly easy to get caught now because system records communication protocols and pid counts. There are computer programs out there that can mimic these things but there are ways to see that as well.

As far as that air cleaner is concerned, if it was legal before, it's legal now. You should have taken it to the Referee. If they passed it you could have gotten your money back from the knucklehead who decided it was illegal.

When I was working I knew a lot of guys. Some were taken away in handcuffs and got a free ride in a police car. As anti-commie CA government as I am, I never felt bad about that because these same people hang a shitload of paper for sleazy dealers who buy the junk cars at the auction that no one else wants and sell to poor / elderly people who have no chance of getting it to pass again.

Last edited: