WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Smoked Trout

BACK2BIGRIVER

Reaction score
Took the drum smoker with me trout fishing nothing better then fresh smoked trout.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367279227.717199.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367279239.793393.jpg

Last edited:

welldigger00

Reaction score
Holy crap, that is good eating. We did that one year in the eastern Sierras. It's like smoked salmon. Blew my mind. And my face.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Caught 58 of these cutthroats last fall at Pyramid...smallest was 18" Largest28" First time fishing for cutthroat and first time smoking trout.
Pyramid 2012 5.jpg Pyramid 2012.jpg3jpg.jpg Pyramid 2012.8jpg.jpg Pyramid 2012.7jpg.jpg Pyramid 2012.6jpg.jpg

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
How about some recipe's techniques temperature etc.

When you buy lox it is cold smoked so how does this compare to that? Do you eat warm or chill after cooked? Cold smoke and hot smoke won't be the same in texture but I'd love to give it a try.

If I could get fishing more often I'd get a cold smoker or find someway to do it using my hot smoker.

BACK2BIGRIVER

Reaction score
How about some recipe's techniques temperature etc.

When you buy lox it is cold smoked so how does this compare to that? Do you eat warm or chill after cooked? Cold smoke and hot smoke won't be the same in texture but I'd love to give it a try.

If I could get fishing more often I'd get a cold smoker or find someway to do it using my hot smoker.

In order to cold smoke you must brine do to the bacteria. I smoke between 190 and 200 for three hours which is as low as you can go without the brine the fish had plenty of smoke flavor and you can eat them hot or cold. Make sure you use a seasoning that has lots of salt in it, garlic salt plus what every you want. Remember fish can take lots of smoke don't be afraid to use lots of wood the more smoke the better at that temp. Try it you will like it.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
In order to cold smoke you must brine do to the bacteria. I smoke between 190 and 200 for three hours which is as low as you can go without the brine the fish had plenty of smoke flavor and you can eat them hot or cold. Make sure you use a seasoning that has lots of salt in it, garlic salt plus what every you want. Remember fish can take lots of smoke don't be afraid to use lots of wood the more smoke the better at that temp. Try it you will like it.

Thanks.