WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Smudge Pot anyone?

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
I sell them if anyone needs one. I am located in Ramona CA in San Diego but also bring them out to my brothers house in Havasu every so often. I burned 45 gallons of used motor oil through 2 of mine out at superstition this past weekend. Great way to get rid of the oil and easy to transport the oil in 2.5 gallon DEF jugs. Splash a little diesel or kerosene on top of the oil and it will last all night. I run a double stack on mine to get the smoke up and away and they put off more heat as well.
View attachment 838122

How much do you sell them for I am interested in get 2 of them I live in hemet

scottchbrite

Reaction score
I picked one up from LowVoltSD a few weeks ago. I plan on adding the additional exhaust stack too. I’ve managed to deplete all my used oil supply too.
CF69B002-8E6A-4329-B3E9-26EAF8F49EE7.jpeg

c_land

Reaction score
How much do you sell them for I am interested in get 2 of them I live in hemet

Go for a walk out in the groves in Valle Vista/east hemet. There are grave yards of the things that the farmers aren't allowed to use anymore

Blubyu

Reaction score
Where can I get one of these things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meaney77

Reaction score
Its getting to be that time again.... These things are a big hit, I have a few of them that we use all of the time, not only camping but also in the driveway.

We are planning on keeping the COVID away by burning diesel this Saturday night as we pass out candy in the driveway and have cocktails.

TX Foilhead

Reaction score
After wanting one of these forever and figuring I would never find one in the middle of Texas i finally did. Got a beauty that some meth heads left behind when their used tire money laundering operation closed up shop for $25.

After watching a few You Tube videos I figured out how to light it and I’ve found a unlimited fuel source. Now I’m wondering if anybody has painted one with high temp paint?

wallnutz

Reaction score
After wanting one of these forever and figuring I would never find one in the middle of Texas i finally did. Got a beauty that some meth heads left behind when their used tire money laundering operation closed up shop for $25.

After watching a few You Tube videos I figured out how to light it and I’ve found a unlimited fuel source. Now I’m wondering if anybody has painted one with high temp paint?
Paint doesn't hold up and it starts to smell. Cerakote supposedly holds up pretty good Our buddy did his last year and it looked good at the end of the season, but I have not seen it yet this year.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
FYI- You can buy a 3' section of ducting from HD or Lowes along with a reducer to add to the existing stack and it put out a bunch more heat.
I did this and it makes it even better. I reattached the lid to the new section and it all looks OEM. Just be sure to keep it full or keep it out of the wind. The wind blew mine over (not in use) Last week and spilled some oil in the dirt.

maxmorter

Reaction score
I found a bunch at a cheap price im buying one anyway and wanna pipe a chimney out my shop and wondered also if anyones tried to put a 55g barrel on top with punch plate bottom amd tossed trash in from a catwalk and make an incinerator of sorts small farm animals trash and all your used oil at the same time or does this sound like a stupid idea and why

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I found a bunch at a cheap price im buying one anyway and wanna pipe a chimney out my shop and wondered also if anyones tried to put a 55g barrel on top with punch plate bottom amd tossed trash in from a catwalk and make an incinerator of sorts small farm animals trash and all your used oil at the same time or does this sound like a stupid idea and why
No answers for you, but holy hell, that's one heck of a run-on sentence Batman.

beerrun

Reaction score
Can I ask where you found a bunch at?

DLC

Reaction score
Refresh my memory….

What do you burn in Those bad boys again?

77charger

Reaction score
Refresh my memory….

What do you burn in Those bad boys again?
Diesel works great if you are new with them.

I’ve had one for almost 20 years and in backyard I prefer to burn gas as it burns clean and lights up quick. And no it doesn’t explode when you light it lol.

As for oil I avoid it it leaves a mess inside of them and stinks when it goes out. Also any water in oil can make it boil over too.

Camping I prefer diesel as it does burn longer per gallon and can be added while burning although I don’t recomend it.Like said gas burns great but also burns quicker vs diesel and if it goes out you must wait a long time to refill to make sure it’s dead out.

Reactions: DLC

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Can I ask where you found a bunch at?

I’m assuming some of the orange/citrus groves in Southern California/Central valley no longer need them. They need quite a few when it’s cold. Not sure how California farmer’s / government like them anymore.