WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Smudge Pots (New)

Blubyu

Reaction score
Yes yes.... another Smudge Pot thread. [emoji16]

Smudge Pot Direct!!! Brand spanking new ones, not some referb, still dirty, smelly, used pot. Even better Right here out of Scottsdale, Arizona.

It’s cheaper if you get them from their website, but they are avail on Amazon also.

IMG_5303.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_5302.jpg
    IMG_5302.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 445

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Anybody have/use one from this company?

They look to be made out of some pretty thin stuff :confused:

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
@Blubyu nice. Can you share some pics?

Would like to see if there's any warping along the vertical seams. How are the pieces all attached?

Thanks

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
New ones are from China correct? $329 on Amazon is what I saw. About a $100 less for an original that has been restored. When burning at 1500 degrees I am not completely sure I would be comfortable using something made by a 9 year old in a Chinese factory.

Blubyu

Reaction score
New ones are from China correct? $329 on Amazon is what I saw. About a $100 less for an original that has been restored. When burning at 1500 degrees I am not completely sure I would be comfortable using something made by a 9 year old in a Chinese factory.

Looks to be same build quality as the used ones I got from the thief in Cali.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Peltzer Winery in Temecula sells used ones for $75. I’ve seen them when we go to the pumpkin patch they look to be in pretty good condition.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for one or two here in southern Utah

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I used Josh Frakes, boater here, Eliminator Daytona guy, he sells hem as a side gig, goes through them first and refurbs them.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I have purchased a few from Josh Frakes in the past as well. Also found some local to me that I have purchased.

I was burning used motor oil for awhile but it makes a mess and clogs up the smudge and makes a bigger mess cleaning all of the soot out of it. I usually just bun diesel in mine.

I also add an extra extension on mine so that is a few feet taller. It helps keep the flame/smell above everyones head and also puts out way more heat because their is more surface area. Because their is more heat, you can usually burn with one hole open on the lid to keep warm and burn less diesel.
E9A4BCA9-3357-462D-A148-F1A31F0FD5A9.jpeg

Last edited:

81Sprint

Reaction score
Love mine, only burned diesel in it so far, gonna try motor oil in next. They sound so cool when they are burning!

96C04502-C905-4898-BC5E-108502CBAE9F.jpeg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
If you burn motor oil make sure the vehicle it came out of didn’t have a head gasket leak. I run diesel in mine, not worth the risk of burning waste stuff not knowing what is mixed in with the oil.

77charger

Reaction score
Like said before burn regular unleaded have been doing for years in my back yard weekly.Ill take diesel for camp trips since it burns longer or i can add to it while its burning.When i shut it down it barely smokes diesel smokes a decent amount but not that bad,Gas when i light it starts up pretty soft not a pop like you would think then kick the cap closed its off and burning well.Diesel is all i would recomend if you are new to them starts slow and if you shut the fill lid down quickly you can roll coal pretty hard

As for motor oil done with that crap unless im desparate and have nothing else to burn but it burns dirty and stinks when the pot runs empty.Plus it makes a real mess inside the pot too.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Like said before burn regular unleaded have been doing for years in my back yard weekly.Ill take diesel for camp trips since it burns longer or i can add to it while its burning.When i shut it down it barely smokes diesel smokes a decent amount but not that bad,Gas when i light it starts up pretty soft not a pop like you would think then kick the cap closed its off and burning well.Diesel is all i would recomend if you are new to them starts slow and if you shut the fill lid down quickly you can roll coal pretty hard

As for motor oil done with that crap unless im desparate and have nothing else to burn but it burns dirty and stinks when the pot runs empty.Plus it makes a real mess inside the pot too.
I have heard of people burning gas in them but I have never tried, see s kinda sketchy....?

Reactions: DWC

77charger

Reaction score
I have heard of people burning gas in them but I have never tried, see s kinda sketchy....?
Just use a napkin stuffed in the filler hole have it stick out and sideways about 6 inches light with a bbq lighter arm stretched out step back.Depending on price of gas vs diesel it may be cheaper to do diesel i know per gallon of each the diesel burns about 20 min longer per gallon at the level i burn mine in back yard.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Just use a napkin stuffed in the filler hole have it stick out and sideways about 6 inches light with a bbq lighter arm stretched out step back.Depending on price of gas vs diesel it may be cheaper to do diesel i know per gallon of each the diesel burns about 20 min longer per gallon at the level i burn mine in back yard.
Do you just fill it up like normal? 5 gallons of gas- light the fuse and run?

Reactions: DWC

77charger

Reaction score
Do you just fill it up like normal? 5 gallons of gas- light the fuse and run?
If i plan on staying up late then yes then when i go to bed ill slam the lid shit close the vent holes burn the rest the next night or morning.LOL light fuse and run well i do light like a firework but only stand back a few feet.

4Waters

Reaction score
Looks to be same build quality as the used ones I got from the thief in Cali.

Did the cops come and take those ones back?

Blubyu

Reaction score
Went and picked up another brand new one so I can give you clean photos so you can see everything.
IMG_5313.jpg

IMG_5314.jpg

IMG_5315.jpg

IMG_5316.jpg

IMG_5317.jpg

Blubyu

Reaction score
In comparison to the “cleaned refurbished” one I bought off the thief, they appear to be the same. Equal in weight, seams look the same. If someone wants to mic their referb one I’ll measure this one as it’s still clean, no soot, and we can see if the material thickness is the same.

I’ve been burning the other one for about two weeks, no issues.

Any other photos you want let me know.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I think its funny how these things new and used are all becoming popular again...

I have had a few for about 5 years now and when I 1st fired it up everyone (my friends) thought I was crazy.... Now everyone wants one or has one!

TX Foilhead

Reaction score
I found one last summer in the middle of Texas and happily paid $25 they wanted. It was just a cool toy until the Ice storm in February. I took me 3 days and about 40 gallons of diesel and oil to get the Ice off of the trees around the house before wind and the really cold air got here. i Guess I’ll have to explain to the wife that I need a couple more of them so we are better prepared next winter.

77charger

Reaction score
New one looks interesting. Not bad priced either. What kills any of them is burning them too hot. I like to keep mine where flame is barely coming out the top. If you have a 1ft flame and whole stack is glowing bright orange it ain’t gonna last long.

Blubyu

Reaction score
New one looks interesting. Not bad priced either. What kills any of them is burning them too hot. I like to keep mine where flame is barely coming out the top. If you have a 1ft flame and whole stack is glowing bright orange it ain’t gonna last long.

The used one was a pain in the ass to keep the flame down and it smoked like a mofo. This new one I have been using one gallon used synthetic diesel oil and the rest diesel fuel. Can control it easy and no smoke at all.

Blubyu

Reaction score
IMG_5324.jpg

Blubyu

Reaction score

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

I'd rest easy as that 9 year old has a min. of 5 years experience.