WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Smudge Pots

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
Not sure on that one but I know I’ve seen a lot of them that we’re being used out there.

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
My brother is bringing out his enclosed trailer loaded up with a bunch of smudge pots to havasu after Xmas to New Years. Let me know if anyone wants to pick some up.

Attachments

• C01B59D1-162F-4BD8-8632-DA068E3DACEC.jpeg
    C01B59D1-162F-4BD8-8632-DA068E3DACEC.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 507

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
Have 7 left in havasu. Let me know if anyone needs a smudgie for New Year’s Eve!

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
I will be heading to Havasu the weekend of the 19th. Also have a bunch still in San Diego as well as the replacement bottoms now as well.

boatnam2

Reaction score
If i can get out there that weekend i will take one maybe 2, i will let you know.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Leaky Smudge (not purchased from Low Voltage)

I have a few of these that we take camping and the work killer. We also go total white trash on occasion and fire it up in the drive way and drink beer around it. The fuel pot on it leaks a bit and makes a mess. I usually put a water heater pan under it and it helps but the holes are getting bigger and leaking more. Anyone know of any fixes? Its thin old metal so welding it it hard and usually makes more holes.

Has anyone had any luck using a galvanized steel bucket or any other recommendations??

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
I have about 100+ of the good bottom pots. They are universal and will fit any smudge pot. When I first got into them I found an epoxy that was sold by pep boys called blue magic steel or something like that. It was rated for both diesel and the heat. Someone told me they don’t sell it in California anymore. Surprise surprise

Last edited:

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
I am in Havasu today and tomorrow and brought some Smudge Pots with me if anyone wants one let me know.

Meaney77

Reaction score
43A15650-2766-4507-9680-7E52EF270ABF.jpeg
Enjoying mine with a cocktail this cold Friday night!!

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
AEF1371A-7355-458D-AD87-8D9D3C4E5B72.jpeg
Nice!! We had one going to! A little windy tonight in Havasu but still glowing!

Attachments

• 93B61BAB-9744-49F3-9707-836B420CB197.jpeg
    93B61BAB-9744-49F3-9707-836B420CB197.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 370

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Leaky Smudge (not purchased from Low Voltage)

I have a few of these that we take camping and the work killer. We also go total white trash on occasion and fire it up in the drive way and drink beer around it. The fuel pot on it leaks a bit and makes a mess. I usually put a water heater pan under it and it helps but the holes are getting bigger and leaking more. Anyone know of any fixes? Its thin old metal so welding it it hard and usually makes more holes.

Has anyone had any luck using a galvanized steel bucket or any other recommendations??
Jb weld. I have one that had a couple ball point pen sized leaks and it did the trick.
I have about 100+ of the good bottom pots. They are universal and will fit any smudge pot. When I first got into them I found an epoxy that was sold by pep boys called blue magic steel or something like that. It was rated for both diesel and the heat. Someone told me they don’t sell it in California anymore. Surprise surprise
Do you sell the bottom pans separately? I might be interested if the price is right.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

Meaney77

Reaction score
Jb weld. I have one that had a couple ball point pen sized leaks and it did the trick.

Thank you, good to know. I was thinking the same thing but wasn't sure if JB Weld would hold up with the amount of heat these things generate. I will give it a go...

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Thats the stuff I was looking at.

When you did the patch, did you patch inside or outside?
Outside. I didn't want to deal with pulling it apart or the mess of prepping the inside.
Took a scotch Brite roloc to clean the surface, took a pinch to fill the tiny void and "capped" it flat.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
I called JB Weld and they said they didn’t have a product that was rated for contact with the heat and Diesel. That’s why I ended up using the blue magic quick steel as it was rated for both the temperature and direct contact with diesel. That’s good to know that’s JB Weld will also work though.

Last edited:

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
I could ship one to phoenix UPS fairly easily. Let me know. Thanks,

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
A37D2328-61A8-4D52-8548-9DBA300CB998.jpeg
Haven’t been on here in a while. I will be out in Havasu Desert storm weekend and will be bringing a trailer full of Smudgies. Let me know if anyone wants one and I’ll put you on the list.

Reactions: DWC

Meaney77

Reaction score
View attachment 633221 Haven’t been on here in a while. I will be out in Havasu Desert storm weekend and will be bringing a trailer full of Smudgies. Let me know if anyone wants one and I’ll put you on the list.
Whats the deal with adding a section, is that just some Heating/AC Ducting from Depot? Does it do anything like burn warmer or is it just to get the flame/exhaust higher up out of everyone's face?

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
Whats the deal with adding a section, is that just some Heating/AC Ducting from Depot? Does it do anything like burn warmer or is it just to get the flame/exhaust higher up out of everyone's face?
I just add another top stack on top it slips right on. It does burn warmer as more of the metal heats up it also gets the smoke up higher if you run them turned up a bit

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
I have them in Ramona (San Diego area) I also have some at my brothers house in Havasu.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Can I grab one for the Havasu House?...

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
Bump just picked up another 16 of these and I’ll be in Havasu next weekend if anyone wants to pick one up.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
If you ever get to OC or ocotillo. I need to pick another up. I left mine with @Outdrive1 and want to pick one up for the desert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New York Dave

Reaction score
Do you still have any more pots? If yes when do you think ypu'll be making your next visit to Arizona.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
anyone on here know why mine occasionally boils . Once the damn thing boiled over, with flaming oil.
I've used primarily used motor oil with some hydraulic fluid and atf mixed in.
This one didn't come with a manual or PDF file for operation
or a warranty.
Wtf

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
Not sure when I will make it out to Havasu again. Hopefully soon. If you wanna message me your info and how many your looking for I can contact you when I head out there again.

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
anyone on here know why mine occasionally boils . Once the damn thing boiled over, with flaming oil.
I've used primarily used motor oil with some hydraulic fluid and atf mixed in.
This one didn't come with a manual or PDF file for operation
or a warranty.
Wtf
Water in the fuel is the only thing I’ve seen that causes them to boil over unless your running more than 5 gallons of oil then I’ve see them get so hot they spit out of the carb holes.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
Ever come to Vegas? I’d take one, but. Not driving all the way down there to pick one up.

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
I don’t make it to vegas to often. I do have a buddy headed to vegas next weekend I could send one with him if you’ll be around.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
I don’t make it to vegas to often. I do have a buddy headed to vegas next weekend I could send one with him if you’ll be around.
I’ll be around next weekend, he can drop it off at my work, right off the the 15/215

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
Bump. My brother is bringing 3 out to his place in Havasu for desert storm. He is headed out tomorrow and will be there till sunday. Let me know if anyone needs one.

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
Bump I sent 2 out with my brother who’s headed to Havasu today and will be there till Sunday morning. Let me know if anyone needs one.

Reactions: DWC

scottchbrite

Reaction score
I still need one. I have your number. Between work and Christmas, I haven’t had time to arrange a day to pick one up.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Really old post, from April 2017 it looks like. Are you still selling these?

I used to light these up as a teenager in Riverside in the orange groves. Great source of cheap heat. I think I got a couple bucks per pot to fuel them up and light them....working all night in high school on cold nights.

Not sure they are legal in So. Cal anymore.....but what is?

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
Yeah I am still selling them. Just figured I’d bump the post since I had some out in Havasu and I know a bunch of people are out there this weekend.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Does your brother drive a Ford dually? Saw a guy with two of them pull into a spot for lunch yesterday in OC and almost asked him if they were for sale... I've been kicking around buying one but don't make my way to SD or Havasu often.

yz450mm

Reaction score
I'd like one, I'm up in the high desert in Apple Valley.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

LowVoltSD

Reaction score
Does your brother drive a Ford dually? Saw a guy with two of them pull into a spot for lunch yesterday in OC and almost asked him if they were for sale... I've been kicking around buying one but don't make my way to SD or Havasu often.

No he doesn’t he took them out inside an enclosed trailer on this trip.