WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Snow Birds, CHYNAVIRUS and Havasu

Meaney77

Reaction score
So with a ton of events being cancelled like The Run to the Sun car show, Desert Storm, and other things like Halloween-I started thinking about Havasu and the snowbirds.

What is everyone's take this year with Snow Birds that travel into town from all over including the Canadians? Are there any travel bans in place to cross the boarder into the US? Do you think the CHYNAVIRUS is going to scare away the snowbirds from coming into town? Are their still mortgage forgiveness programs available for those who own houses and rely on the birds to cover your monthly mortgage? Are there any special cleaning requirements for people who rent their houses out to the birds? Are there any special requirements/ testing protocols for some of the larger RV Parks in town? How do you think any of this will impact the local economy?

Discuss...

Last edited:

CANUCK007

Reaction score
First of all the borders are closed for vehicle travel except commercial and everyone ive talkedto says they are scared to travel south at least this winter

Reactions: DWC

fmo24

Reaction score
We have friends that live in Ontario Canada and they are waiting on the border status. They got a letter that their insurance will be good in US now just hoping border opens

Reactions: DWC

DanG

Reaction score
Our snowbirds canceled this year due to the virus and the fact that their home town in Wyoming had less than 10 total cases since it started. They felt safer staying home and dealing with the weather than risking getting the virus. I wasn't all that upset though as I'm looking forward to spending some winter months and all it has to offer in Havasu.

I do think it will be a much different winter in town, but expect the local economy to do okay with CA continuing to be closed. The total cases are also coming down and many snowbirds are from areas with higher counts and less freedoms.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Our bird is iffy on coming this year. After our chat this past week we decided to play it by ear as the time draws nears. We've also told him no biggie if he doesn't since most all of our trips are on hold as well.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
My property manager says she is getting a lot of snowbird activity. Not sure on where their from though. We have had offers for 3 months. She is holding out for maybe getting 4 months.

RichieRich

Reaction score
our snowbirds have already asked us for a new lease, so they are in...but they are from North Dakota

sintax

Reaction score
our snowbirds (Indiana) asked for a renew early in April when they left, even paid the first and last when they renewed. They also wanted to stay longer, Nov-Mar this year.

River Runnin

Reaction score
No Canadians! WooHoo! .... Now if only those Minnesotan plates don't show! ;)

nameisbond

Reaction score
The land border is closed to non essential travel. But that closure expires Sept 21st. It will probably be extended again though. Flying can be done. So you might see some Canadians, but less then normal.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Our Montana neighbors have delayed their normal Nov. arrival because they wanted to wait for a vaccine, also we were a hot spot compared to them, now however that is reversed, so I don't know.

wet hull

Reaction score
Our original couple canceled but wanted to reserve next year. We posted on VRBO and had new couple within 24 hours and paid in full already.

Evo

Reaction score
My snowbirds cancelled and looking for new ones if anyone has any to send my way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jailbird141

Reaction score
I know a few people who have snowbirds in Havasu including my mother-in-law and they have cancelled for the year. It will be interesting to see how it effects the city.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I am contracting with Evolve for the winter, starting November 1st. Not taking anything for more than 30 days. We had great luck with traveling nurses last November and December, before snowbirds came in, and the ROI was fantastic. Hoping to do the same this winter and also have some weekends set aside so we can come out, rather than being rented for 3 months straight.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

rickym20

Reaction score
we just joined the club...our Oct-December birds are not taking flight this year. We are also looking to fill the void and will try the long term VRBO method if cant find any through property management team.

PlanB

Reaction score
It will be nice in the snowbird influx in less than usual...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Best news on here in awhile!!!!!!

06AF7C38-42E9-4A34-93EC-9A157AECF466.jpeg