WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Snow Birds Havasu

EssexJim

Reaction score

I just received a call from our snow birds informing me that they will not be making it to Havasu this year. They have rented the past 10 years consistently January - March but with the Corona Virus and the closure of Canada border it's not going to work this year. If anyone knows of some people looking to rent in Havasu 3 bed / 2 bath, 1400 sq ft this year. Willing to rent Nov - March.

Thanks...

fmo24

Reaction score
I think this will be an off year for Canadians. A couple we normally meet up with and travel around Florida are not coming this year. Heard of several others as well.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Canadians can now get covid insurance and they can still fly here.
The border may still open this year if they plan on driving.
All of our canadian neighbors have flights booked for january and some will drive down sooner if border opens up

EssexJim

Reaction score
That's what I was hoping for and they did mention the insurance but I guess it was too much for them. Too bad because they are good snow bird renters with no issues. They didn't want us to wait in case the border didn't open up. Maybe we find some family with no Canada border concerns. We'll see.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Our property Manager said they had a long list of Snowbird cancellations this year.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Our regular is not thinking he's gonna make it this year either. Last he heard border not opening until January.
Ok with us, give us a chance to enjoy some winter months out there.

rickym20

Reaction score
This year we had 2 separate reservations with our families house. First one was booked October-December and other January-mid April. The 1st round cancelled and haven’t heard about 2nd round yet.

Someone posted that their birds canceled and had good luck booking long term on Airbnb. We gave it a shot and also had good luck. Ended up making more this way vs through the property manager. You can set your account up to only allow 30 minimum or what ever works for you. Should eliminate the party crowd that way.
If our 2nd bird cancels we will try Airbnb for those dates as well.

EssexJim

Reaction score
I think I'll try the AirBNB route and see how that works. Thanks for the info...

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I think I'll try the AirBNB route and see how that works. Thanks for the info...
That's what we are doing. It is more work to manage, but the ROI is way better. Hoping to lock down some traveling nurses like last year. They rent for a couple weeks at a time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Groper

Reaction score
My pool guy told me last week that he had 15 Canadian customers sell their homes in the last few months.
One is their Dollar and the other is the border being closed due to Covid.
However I ran into a couple of "Ehh's" at the launch ramp pulling their 22 Stoker out and they said that they flew down the day before with no issues they also have a tow vehicle at their house in town that eliminates renting a car for the winter.
I tried to buy a Talon from Canada earlier this year and wasn't able to get it across the boarder :mad: So I ended up with (2) Stokers instead. :)