WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So being that v-drives..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Seem to be just a whole different "breed" of boater and boat..

I was thinking about making a sub section for just v-drive boat / part classifieds attached to this section. (Like the Schiada / Spectra classifieds above)

Any thoughts on that?

RD

Hud

Reaction score
Your right about that!! Sounds good!!:champagne:

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Not a bad idea, but is it possible to have it post in the main Classifieds as well? Should generate more exposure for the items being sold, and keep people from having to navigate 15 different classified sections on one board;)

Perhaps just a redirection link in the main classifieds, and the actual post in the "v-drive classified" section. Same w/ Spectra, and the seahorse boats:skull:thumbsup

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Not a bad idea, but is it possible to have it post in the main Classifieds as well? Should generate more exposure for the items being sold, and keep people from having to navigate 15 different classified sections on one board;)

Perhaps just a redirection link in the main classifieds, and the actual post in the "v-drive classified" section. Same w/ Spectra, and the seahorse boats:skull:thumbsup

I agree, if it's possible to mirror the post in both locations that would be the best :thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I agree, if it's possible to mirror the post in both locations that would be the best :thumbsup

No good way to "Mirror" the posts or anything like that short of me "copying" them one by one.. Or the author just cutting and pasting the add into the other section.

It would seem to me that if your looking for a Schiada, you goto Schiada classifieds.. If your looking for a Spectra you goto the Spectra classifieds..

If your looking for a flat bottom, hydro, circle boat, k boat, semi V GN Boat, or v-drive parts.. You'd goto the v-drive classifieds..

And if your looking for a normal big boat, you goto Fresh Water / Salt water?

To me it really seems like the Schiada big boat guys don't intermingle much with the k-boat guys. And the cookie cutter guys (other then looking at them) aren't interested in flat bottom restorations, or k-boats..

etc..

I dunno.. Just a thought i had this morning.

As far as copying posts? Someone could just cut and paste their ad, from here into the Fresh and Salt Water.. I don't care?

rD

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Ok, so i want a cruiser, dont care if it's a rayson, spectra, Schiada, etc... now i have to peruse 3 sections, and the main classifieds...

Is this a ploy to not ever let me leave RDP?:skull

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
what if you make all the spam forums for schiada, spectra, v-drive, etc all sub forums of the clasifieds section, then have shortcut links to each one respectively in each of those sections. This way if you want to search the classifieds you can do a search including sub-forums and it will scour all of the sections, and if you just happen to drop into the spectra forum there is a link leading to spectra classifieds..... Does this make sense?

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score

I was thinking about making a sub section for just v-drive boat / part classifieds attached to this section. (Like the Schiada / Spectra classifieds above)

Any thoughts on that?

RD
I kinda like it just the way it is RD.
Thanks for askin'
________
Ferrari F430 Challenge History

Last edited:

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
what if you make all the spam forums for schiada, spectra, v-drive, etc all sub forums of the clasifieds section, then have shortcut links to each one respectively in each of those sections. This way if you want to search the classifieds you can do a search including sub-forums and it will scour all of the sections, and if you just happen to drop into the spectra forum there is a link leading to spectra classifieds..... Does this make sense?
:thumbsup

nelson#109

layed in mexico
Reaction score
seems to me that most of the traffic over here on rdp, is v-drive people. more river cruisers it seems, which is why i made the long trip over. anyways, i wouldnt mind seeing a v drive classified section, but it doesnt seem to be that big of a deal as is. do it or dont, ill look!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Any thoughts on that?

RD

Maybe break the sections down by legnth? If someone is lookin for a flat, they prolly wont be look'n in the 21-25ft section.

But then again, you do have older river cruiser v-drives that ARE in the 24ft catagory.

Decisions decisions. :cool:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I'm liking that..

seems to me that most of the traffic over here on rdp, is v-drive people. more river cruisers it seems, which is why i made the long trip over. anyways, i wouldnt mind seeing a v drive classified section, but it doesnt seem to be that big of a deal as is. do it or dont, ill look!

RDP is basically "V-Drive Country" except we just don't have the drag / k-boat guys etc. . We're all Schiada / Spectra / Cruisers around here.

I'll serenade em up though this season.. ;) :D

RD

stevel

Reaction score
If you look at the air craft sites like aso or controller they brake it down in a good way. They are easy to use and easy to find what you are looking for.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I'm liking that..

RDP is basically "V-Drive Country" except we just don't have the drag / k-boat guys etc. . We're all Schiada / Spectra / Cruisers around here.

I'll serenade em up though this season.. ;) :D

RD

Or summed up... RDP is basically V-Drive "Cruiser" country. :D

Dave, why can't you get the flatty and hydro guys over here? What gives? :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Or summed up... RDP is basically V-Drive "Cruiser" country. :D

Dave, why can't you get the flatty and hydro guys over here? What gives? :D

I dunno... I guess rdp isn't "core". (or corporate) enough.. Lol

judging by the way shits goin though... I think we'll be alright.

RD

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score

RD

We're different because we're tougher than most Dave.:D

Flatty's and hydros (and their owners) frighten people. :skull

Our boats are loud, bumpy, scary rides. Not for sissys.:boobeyes:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We're different because we're tougher than most Dave.:D

Flatty's and hydros (and their owners) frighten people. :skull

Our boats are loud, bumpy, scary rides. Not for sissys.:boobeyes:

Don't you have like 10 minutes of seat time in your boat? :D

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well I'm glad to see you posting over here, so I'm not gonna rib ya too much.. :D

You never did put up your thoughts on me changing up the classifieds a bit, and adding a classified that was more specific to "v-drives."

RD

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Well I'm glad to see you posting over here, so I'm not gonna rib ya too much.. :D
RD

Ribbing is good Dave, it gets the view counts up. ;)

You never did put up your thoughts on me changing up the classifieds a bit, and adding a classified that was more specific to "v-drives."

I've yet to look in the classified over here so.... Do you have a pile of v-drivers over here listing boats and parts?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ribbing is good Dave, it gets the view counts up. ;)

I've yet to look in the classified over here so.... Do you have a pile of v-drivers over here listing boats and parts?

Nope, but Mouzer said he was here now.. (Even though I watched him post listings on PB today / yesterday.. LOL)

So he could probably fill a section on his own? :D

RD

SuperDave013

Reaction score
Ouch!! :D

Hey super, go finish something. Or at least, follow my lead and go pay someone else to finish something. :p

I did finish something if you must know. I am finished with the shop I'm in. Not working on my boat and keeping my nose to the grindstone I have now out grown my current shop. The cool thing about that is I'll now have room to put a project inside. The first one is going to be my friggen boat. SteveO143 and Cyclone have both offered to help. Well pretty soon I'll be able to take them up on it. I should be moving next month and am pretty stoked about it.

For those that must know, I'm staying in the same complex. Just moving to a unit that's 2X as big (and a trailer friendly door).

75 Spectra V-Drive

Gas dock greg fueler
Reaction score
Maybe I'm a day late and some cabbage short?? I thought this was a V-Drive cruiser forum??:beer:beer:beer ( , I couldnt celebrate last night)

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I did finish something if you must know. I am finished with the shop I'm in. Not working on my boat and keeping my nose to the grindstone I have now out grown my current shop. The cool thing about that is I'll now have room to put a project inside. The first one is going to be my friggen boat. SteveO143 and Cyclone have both offered to help. Well pretty soon I'll be able to take them up on it. I should be moving next month and am pretty stoked about it.

For those that must know, I'm staying in the same complex. Just moving to a unit that's 2X as big (and a trailer friendly door).

How big of a shop do you need? my brother wants to rent out half or part of his shop, he's on Melrose across from Boysenberry lane.

SuperDave013

Reaction score
How big of a shop do you need? my brother wants to rent out half or part of his shop, he's on Melrose across from Boysenberry lane.

that's in Anaheim. When I moved from Anaheim to Placentia I lost my phone number. I really don't want to deal with that again. The other cool thing is if you put the address I'm at right now in an I phone it will send you right to the front door to my new place. I could never figure out why people ended up there until I got one of those phones. So I should still use all my print stuff. I have 1,000's
The landboss is being really cool too. He is rolling my deposit over to the new place and giving me a free month to get moved.

To keep this thread on track though..... Dave, I think it's a good idea. V drive parts and stuff don't co mingle to well with Johnny Bravo merc gear. ;)

MOUZER

Reaction score
No good way to "Mirror" the posts or anything like that short of me "copying" them one by one.. Or the author just cutting and pasting the add into the other section.

It would seem to me that if your looking for a Schiada, you goto Schiada classifieds.. If your looking for a Spectra you goto the Spectra classifieds..

If your looking for a flat bottom, hydro, circle boat, k boat, semi V GN Boat, or v-drive parts.. You'd goto the v-drive classifieds..

And if your looking for a normal big boat, you goto Fresh Water / Salt water?

To me it really seems like the Schiada big boat guys don't intermingle much with the k-boat guys. And the cookie cutter guys (other then looking at them) aren't interested in flat bottom restorations, or k-boats..

etc..

I dunno.. Just a thought i had this morning.

As far as copying posts? Someone could just cut and paste their ad, from here into the Fresh and Salt Water.. I don't care?

rD

damn good idea.....my 2 cents..if ya wanna draw the v-drivers over..you know i got alot to post and i get 5 calls + a day lookin for parts,it would easy to say go to riverdaves'place in the v-drive parts section then to say go to perf boats and go to the parts spam and start hunting and weed through all there misc boat stuff.:bowdown:MOUZ

Last edited:

Chili

NCJB.com
Reaction score
You could seperate parts from complete boats to help keep it organized, & maybe "size" sub-forums under complete boats section.? (17-20, 21-24, etc.)

I'm a forum junkie so im with you 100% about keeping things organized, but too much organization means 2 things..
1. Harder to find stuff
2. More work for you. ;)

The only issue i see with having v-drive section is where would you post exhaust, or seats or sh*t like that.. ya know.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would like to see a trial run for this. I own one of those " stern drive's" and frankly it gets boring.Now I stepped up and bought a v drive. I find it a whole different world. They were the kings of the rivers. Had friends who drove them back in the day.
I am now retired and live in Havasu, I would like to find other people who like to go out not just sit in the sand. Mine is not fast but it looks cool. Any one who is retired or playing hooky let me know and we can hook up for a day of cruisin. Parker, Needles it's all good.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I would like to see a trial run for this. I own one of those " stern drive's" and frankly it gets boring.Now I stepped up and bought a v drive. I find it a whole different world. They were the kings of the rivers. Had friends who drove them back in the day.
I am now retired and live in Havasu, I would like to find other people who like to go out not just sit in the sand. Mine is not fast but it looks cool. Any one who is retired or playing hooky let me know and we can hook up for a day of cruisin. Parker, Needles it's all good.

What did you end up getting?

RD

78 Continental

Reaction score

Like RD said, what boat did you pick up. Show some pics!

Reaction score
picture.php

Picked up an 18 ft. '61 Pleasure Craft " Caribbean". It has a 327 'Vette motor w/ 3030 Duntov cam (solid lift) sounds mean as hell. Pretty good shape. Work done; reshape prop, rebuild carb. 600 holley, and added a Pertronix " Thrower Ignition" for Marine. Runs mid 50's. Rides decent, just need to install Marine oil pan ( car in now) and water pump to cam snout w/ cover. Have a Jabsco belt/ crank driven, nice but throws a lot of water.
picture.php

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks. I am working on it, adding fuse block and auto sensor for bilge. I find myself working on it more than my other boat ( stern drive). Upholstery is good, paint so so. I will address it as I go on. I have yet to get pix in the water for it sits low even at the nose.
This boat was so original when I got it it even has the "jungle gym" trailer.

Wheeler

Reaction score
picture.php

Picked up an 18 ft. '61 Pleasure Craft " Caribbean". It has a 327 'Vette motor w/ 3030 Duntov cam (solid lift) sounds mean as hell. Pretty good shape. Work done; reshape prop, rebuild carb. 600 holley, and added a Pertronix " Thrower Ignition" for Marine. Runs mid 50's. Rides decent, just need to install Marine oil pan ( car in now) and water pump to cam snout w/ cover. Have a Jabsco belt/ crank driven, nice but throws a lot of water.
picture.php

What a nice boat! have you any more pictures? :thumbsup:thumbsup

Wheeler

Reaction score
picture.php

Here is a picture of it docked. "Lil Rat Bastard" Named it this due to Small Block Chevy

You need to come to Parker when all the guys from the v drive boat forum come out for their week long vacation. :thumbsup

Wheeler

Reaction score
Reaction score
I camp right next to Castle Rock. River Island, we take our fifth wheel there. I took a looksie at the boats. I thought for a minute my boat wasn't dolled enough but then I noticed a few with SBC's. I will post the date on my Calender. Thanks for the pix.

Wheeler

Reaction score
I camp right next to Castle Rock. River Island, we take our fifth wheel there. I took a looksie at the boats. I thought for a minute my boat wasn't dolled enough but then I noticed a few with SBC's. I will post the date on my Calender. Thanks for the pix.

I'll look for you on the river! :thumbsup