WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So-Cal Speed and Marine Shout Out!

El Chingon

Reaction score
Thursday afternoon I had an alarm go off on my 496HO as I was launching at Cattail. Fluids levels and gauges were all looking good.Alarm would not clear. We pulled the boat out of the water and I called my boat mechanic with no answer.Drove to his shop and no one was there.I had been driving by So-Cal Speed and Marine all week as the Havasu house is on the south side of town.The shop recently relocated from Castaic to Havasu.Pulled up and I was met by Mario the shop owner.Mario stopped what he was doing,jumped in my boat and he told me he needed to get me and the family back on the water ASAP.Turns out my Drive Reservoir float took a shit.Mario was insistent in not taking my $.He attempted to clean it out because it was probably just sludge in the reservoir. After that didn't work I told him to just replace it and I was on my way back to Cattail.Total time out of the water was just over an hour.I know a couple of you guys already use Mario and "Petty Cash" is probably his biggest cheerleader!I'm the kinda guy who will spread the word if I'm taken care of by someone or treated well.Thanks again Mario and So-Cal Speed and Marine.I know I will see you again.:thumbsup

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Thursday afternoon I had an alarm go off on my 496HO as I was launching at Cattail. Fluids levels and gauges were all looking good.Alarm would not clear. We pulled the boat out of the water and I called my boat mechanic with no answer.Drove to his shop and no one was there.I had been driving by So-Cal Speed and Marine all week as the Havasu house is on the south side of town.The shop recently relocated from Castaic to Havasu.Pulled up and I was met by Mario the shop owner.Mario stopped what he was doing,jumped in my boat and he told me he needed to get me and the family back on the water ASAP.Turns out my Drive Reservoir float took a shit.Mario was insistent in not taking my $.He attempted to clean it out because it was probably just sludge in the reservoir. After that didn't work I told him to just replace it and I was on my way back to Cattail.Total time out of the water was just over an hour.I know a couple of you guys already use Mario and "Petty Cash" is probably his biggest cheerleader!I'm the kinda guy who will spread the word if I'm taken care of by someone or treated well.Thanks again Mario and So-Cal Speed and Marine.I know I will see you again.:thumbsup

Kudos to your mechanic.:thumbsup

When I first read your post I thought it said shootout, I thought not another one.:D

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score

Mario is the best in the business!
I'm glad he took care of you.