WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So Cal Speed & Marine

boater250s

Reaction score
IMG_1422.jpg
IMG_1432.JPG
IMG_1845.PNG
IMG_1846.jpg
Just want to thank Mario, George and Gene for doing such a fine job on my Superhawk. Never been a fan of windshields, so when a portion of it broke, I decided to get rid of it all together. I removed the windshield, turned it over to So Cal Speed and Marine. They filled the holes and regeled it. Just a few photos to show you the excellent outcome of their work. If anyone needs their boat serviced, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Looks great! Those guys are awesome! My mechanics!

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Jeezus...that's beautiful

Taboma

Reaction score
Oh yeah, much nicer look !! My almost identical colored SH had that, so had Jim build the Nighthawk with no windshield.
Just need a pair of sunglasses that fit good enough to keep that wind blast out of the corners of your eyes. Took me some experimenting but once I found the right pair, I just left them stored in the boat.
Those guys did a great job of color matching !!

norcalLmo

Reaction score
NiCE work! Curious if you still have the pieces of windshield-I'm looking for a plexiglass windshield for a project

jbird

Reaction score
Looking good!

Nothing but great experiences with So Cal Speed and Marine. Top notch group over there

Andy01

Reaction score
I agree, Mario does good work and is a great guy to do business with. I’ve used Aaron at absolute for years, AJ at Barrett and now Mario. It’s hard to refer business in my shoes if you don’t know the shops. Now having a great third option in Havasu on the south side is a win for all of us. Mario has done very well since relocating here, again great quality guys like three mentioned are hard to find in this town and marine business.

boater250s

Reaction score
IMG_1425.JPG
NiCE work! Curious if you still have the pieces of windshield-I'm looking for a plexiglass windshield for a project
I do have the windshield. It's one piece, I don't know if that will work for you.

boater250s

Reaction score
Oh yeah, much nicer look !! My almost identical colored SH had that, so had Jim build the Nighthawk with no windshield.
Just need a pair of sunglasses that fit good enough to keep that wind blast out of the corners of your eyes. Took me some experimenting but once I found the right pair, I just left them stored in the boat.
Those guys did a great job of color matching !!
I am a little concerned about the wind, however at 6'2", I don't think the windshield was doing much for me anyway. For me, I guess it just looks better!

Taboma

Reaction score
I am a little concerned about the wind, however at 6'2", I don't think the windshield was doing much for me anyway. For me, I guess it just looks better!

Well yes, I found it a bit more drafty, but since the perception of speed is mostly relative to other variables, it sure feels faster :D
I'm short by your standards, but mostly what initially bugged me was the wind coming up off the deck slant was hitting me in the lower corners of my eyes (Coming up under my shades), at higher speeds. Once I found a good pair of shades (In my case an older style of Hobie, that of course they stopped making :mad: ) that sat low and hugged my nose near my eyes, that went away. Now at higher speeds it's just my cheeks slapping my ears, ha ha
Enjoy !!

Taboma

Reaction score
S-hawk.jpg
Yup looking good !! My SH was so close, but had black anodized hardware and grey upholstery.

YZFRider

Reaction score
I have spent quite a bit of time at Mario's detailing boats. Regardless of how busy he is, he makes time for everyone. He goes well beyond what is expected taking care of his customers needs!!

Last edited: