WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So, Had A Blowout On Wife's Car.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
On the 10, Banning area. K rail fuckery, blasted her car pretty good trying to get over and safely situated. It's Wednesday, been on road for 6 hours and it's about 110. Peachy.
Get the spare down, do my thing, spare's low. All our crap is in back under cover, chrome aftermarket wheel won't go up where the spare went...bungee cord on the taneau cover and roll. First off ramp, cool, gas station. Two big hommies drinking brown bags, and a 30yo buddy rolls up on his bmx...
Air up, hit the bricks. Spent first thing yesterday scrubbing black off of white car. Changed and got dressed.

Funeral went about as good as you could hope. Some family wounds have been forgotten, and it seems as fresh pain heals old. All of us are losing time and family, some are trying to regain or recover what they can. That part was really pretty good. Mortality has a way to persuade the most stubborn.

As of now, on hour three of getting a tire. Well, time to reflect I guess. I usually mount and balance my own stuff, my neighbor has all the tire equipment. I also get stuff for wholesale. Well crap. No one hustling around here, that's for sure. They say they're short staffed as well. Oh well. Maybe take the kids to the beach of fair tomorrow, before heading back home.

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
Been there, done that….no fun.
739A8CA0-767F-448C-ADA0-94798020FE3E.jpeg
A2834466-8850-4781-BC27-CEF30F3E839D.jpeg
B6F8D0AF-46AE-4E6B-A8AA-ACE4F263A603.jpeg
D8F60AAF-A8B2-4456-A947-E1D31E289582.jpeg
8BAEED65-15B7-4C8A-8B96-4FF909B20925.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
not sure what area you are in, but sounds like OC if your talking about the fair. hit up @LakeMead Boater, he's got a shop in orange and did 2 sets of tires for me on 2 different cars. i have never been in and out of a tire shop including aligment faster than his guys got me in and out.
Made the mistake of going with a friend of the in-law...well, lesson learned. It's done now. I was going to hit up my old local shop in Covina...just for "ol' time".
Well, it was probably more money and time, but I'm not out of either yet 😂

Flatsix66

Reaction score
On the 10, Banning area. K rail fuckery, blasted her car pretty good trying to get over and safely situated. It's Wednesday, been on road for 6 hours and it's about 110. Peachy.
Get the spare down, do my thing, spare's low. All our crap is in back under cover, chrome aftermarket wheel won't go up where the spare went...bungee cord on the taneau cover and roll. First off ramp, cool, gas station. Two big hommies drinking brown bags, and a 30yo buddy rolls up on his bmx...
Air up, hit the bricks. Spent first thing yesterday scrubbing black off of white car. Changed and got dressed.

Funeral went about as good as you could hope. Some family wounds have been forgotten, and it seems as fresh pain heals old. All of us are losing time and family, some are trying to regain or recover what they can. That part was really pretty good. Mortality has a way to persuade the most stubborn.

As of now, on hour three of getting a tire. Well, time to reflect I guess. I usually mount and balance my own stuff, my neighbor has all the tire equipment. I also get stuff for wholesale. Well crap. No one hustling around here, that's for sure. They say they're short staffed as well. Oh well. Maybe take the kids to the beach of fair tomorrow, before heading back home.
Welcome to Califuckery. Everyone is circling to steel your shit like vultures, you are part of the Newsome recycle economy. Must be a culture shock compared to Prescott. Just went through our own family death/celebration of life that brought our family together a few weeks ago. It was amazing to listen to long-lost family members' perspectives from 30+ years ago on the life they think we have been living and what we have been doing wrong/right. Can't wait to get far away...

DLC

Reaction score
Wife got a flat on her car a while back…. She had a really nice sub woofer where the spare tire should of been. It was great Rock-in out waiting for the tow truck!

no spare - tow it to the dealer ( fairly new car at the time ) wait 3 days for a tire! Then they say the rim / wheel is bent also! Wait an additional 4 days for a wheel!

Luckly we saved the slightly bent wheel to use as a spare tire just in case …

some times bad luck is the only luck we have!

Xring01

Reaction score
Wife got a flat on her car a while back…. She had a really nice sub woofer where the spare tire should of been. It was great Rock-in out waiting for the tow truck!

no spare - tow it to the dealer ( fairly new car at the time ) wait 3 days for a tire! Then they say the rim / wheel is bent also! Wait an additional 4 days for a wheel!

Luckly we saved the slightly bent wheel to use as a spare tire just in case …

some times bad luck is the only luck we have!
What happens to the subwoofer?

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
What happens to the subwoofer?
We didn’t keep the extra full size tire /wheel in the car all the time, only if she drove longer distances. it was nice to have it in case we had to order another tire….

it was a golf R and would toss it in the hatch back.