WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So how are you even still alive….

poncho

Reaction score
Three brown recluse bites. There was a month and a half I was praying to die.
Got hit by one on a Halloween night digging into my neighbors wood pile, normal feeling of something back there and brushed it off, felt the hit and thought nothing of it. ER couldn't figure out what was going on till they got the toxicology, it barely got me.
Not native to our region so it was a surprise to them.
That's a mean little bug.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
ill give it a good home if you wanna get rid of it.

p.s.
please dont put fuel injection on a classic

This '67 is in Havasu with Brian Macy getting the fuel injection dialed in
IMG_0290.JPG
IMG_0287.JPG
and ready to go for another 50 years. :)

rivergames

Reaction score
No, first I've ever heard of it. I still handle snakes to this day. I no longer go in search of them but if I run across 'em I can't help myself and just have to catch them. If I have time in the not so distant future I'll go out and get a couple so @rivergames can try his hand at cooking them up for dinner.
My mouth is watering!

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
3 avalanches????😳🤔
Yea. I used to hike and board in "unsafe" spots...it's always a risk when they are not "slipping" it with HE rounds like the normal bowls/backcountry that they (Ski Patrol) can actually get to.

All I have to say is beacons work, and don't ever go alone. The only reason I am still alive today is teamwork with other incredible athletes, literally 1 time I ended up saving the first guy, then we saved everyone else, next was me being saved first after getting worked, last time I was the 3rd one dug out, that was scary, took them 5 minutes or so to find me.

Lucky to be alive, like I said, my GA must have a jetpack!

wash11

Reaction score
24 years as a full-time repossession agent/agency owner. Lost count of guns drawn on me, shot at seven times (five hit the trucks I was driving), fist fights-couldn't tell you how many, three REALLY good sucker punches when I wasn't looking (best one from a girl) and one great ass kicking by a guy 1/2 my size. That guy hit me so many times, so fast, I didn't know whether to shit or wind my watch.
Add living through the time of ATC's and lawn darts, topped with the fact that I'm not real smart............ it really makes no sense that I'm not only alive, but thriving. I'm one of those guys that knows he doesn't deserve the great life he has.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
24 years as a full-time repossession agent/agency owner. Lost count of guns drawn on me, shot at seven times (five hit the trucks I was driving), fist fights-couldn't tell you how many, three REALLY good sucker punches when I wasn't looking (best one from a girl) and one great ass kicking by a guy 1/2 my size. That guy hit me so many times, so fast, I didn't know whether to shit or wind my watch.
Add living through the time of ATC's and lawn darts, topped with the fact that I'm not real smart............ it really makes no sense that I'm not only alive, but thriving. I'm one of those guys that knows he doesn't deserve the great life he has.
Lawn Darts!

Holy shit...I got some epic close calls with that shit! Haha...how are we all still alive? No seat belts, no helmets, really no rules....amazing.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Best thread of 2022 - Monkeyeswrench ( my real name is Kevin ), I’ve always thought of u as a brother from another mother,but I haven’t seen 1/4 of what u have - live makes your views, so now I really understand your opinions - keep moving forward, that’s all - gotta fill the solo

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Best thread of 2022 - Monkeyeswrench ( my real name is Kevin ), I’ve always thought of u as a brother from another mother,but I haven’t seen 1/4 of what u have - live makes your views, so now I really understand your opinions - keep moving forward, that’s all - gotta fill the solo

I kinda see @monkeyswrench as myself in 15 years 😎

4Waters

Reaction score
My buddy Blake who transplanted from Australia has a good one, he and his buddy 12-13 years old went out to catch some surf before school early one morning, they were paddling out talking about class, all of the sudden no word from his buddy. Blake turned around to an empty board bobbing a few feet behind him. You won't catch him more than knee deep in saltwater to this day.
I like being top of the food chain so I'm never more than waist deep and that's only to cast and I'm back to ankle deep

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
God, for your sake, I hope not :oops:
You don't seem like an asshole that needs to have his bell rung. I needed it.
One of my favorite songs:
Every scar has a story, and hopefully a lesson learned. I have a lot of scars, but still learning everyday.

I meant it as a compliment🙂.

I have only had my bell rung once or twice. not entirely sure I deserved it either🤔

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Lawn Darts!

Holy shit...I got some epic close calls with that shit! Haha...how are we all still alive? No seat belts, no helmets, really no rules....amazing.

We bought a set at Goodwill a few weeks ago.. should make for some good times on the river this summer😜🤣

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
When I was about 14-15 we had this half-wit neighbor named Jerry. Jerry was 23ish and liked to smoke pot and drink. So me and my 14-15 year old buddies would hang around and have this guy buy booze for us and take us all over the IE in his mini truck.

We used to get beers and drive up to Skyline in Corona and ride down the mountain in the back of his truck everyone shit faced.

4Waters

Reaction score
My buddies and I put a 3hp Briggs on a mongoose scooter, that was the easy part, the hard part was figuring out brakes. The stock front brakes failed in seconds, we never did figure it out, we just drug our feet🤣.

Same buddies and I put a zip line across their backyard from a DWP power pole to a palm tree, steep ass learning curve🤣, slowing down was the hard part, never figured it out so we just slammed into the tree🤣.

buck35

Reaction score
Had a brain tumor removed in January, kept telling the wife that I'm fine... well she took me in to the er, and after about 5 minutes I was carted off for a CT and Mri, which I failed, lol. Doc said I would have been dead in 2 months had she not forced me in.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Had a brain tumor removed in January, kept telling the wife that I'm fine... well she took me in to the er, and after about 5 minutes I was carted off for a CT and Mri, which I failed, lol. Doc said I would have been dead in 2 months had she not forced me in.

Wow.. glad you are ok!!

Are you willing to share the symptoms? I'm very interested, could be very helpful!

buck35

Reaction score
Wow.. glad you are ok!!

Are you willing to share the symptoms? I'm very interested, could be very helpful!
My vision was skewed , basically my whoie right side was affected. Had trouble using a fork and knife, gave up driving.
When I woke up after surgery the neurosurgeon came in and asked how I was feeling and I was like, I haven't felt this good for at least a year!
Went home 2 days later with 21 staples in my head and a nice reverse mohawk.:eek:

rrrr

Reaction score
This '67 is in Havasu with Brian Macy getting the fuel injection dialed in View attachment 1111133 View attachment 1111134 and ready to go for another 50 years
That's a good looking lump. 👍

One of the cool things about Chevrolet and other GM marks during the sixties and seventies was opening the hood and seeing the paint on their engines that was specific to the brand. Chevy had that cool bright orange, Pontiac's blue-green, Oldsmobile and its beautiful gold, and Buick's mellow green.

4Waters

Reaction score
That's a good looking lump. 👍

One of the cool things about Chevrolet and other GM marks during the sixties and seventies was opening the hood and seeing the paint on their engines that was specific to the brand. Chevy had that cool bright orange, Pontiac's blue-green, Oldsmobile and its beautiful gold, and Buick's mellow green.
Agreed but the best color was dark Ford blue

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I always thought of the light blue as the gay color for the gay decreased horsepower of the time🤣

well I mean they switched in 69.... when HP ratings were at some of their highest HP/ci up until just recently....

4Waters

Reaction score
well I mean they switched in 69.... when HP ratings were at some of their highest HP/ci up until just recently....
Maybe Lincoln/Mercury but ford was dark blue until 72ish +- 1 year, I know my uncles 71 1/2 ton was dark blue

77charger

Reaction score
Worked in havasu last june when it was hot.Like any other day i worked in the heat drank lot of water this time too much in short time and skipping lunch to finish and go.

Ended up with low sodium levels and made me feel like i was wasted and feeling weaker.Went to my brothers place in beachcomber called him said im not well he called some friends there they came by one was a nurse.She ran some drills right away said i need to go to er she thought i may have been having a stroke too based off results she was seeing my right side body was weaker with hand grabs and reflexs.

It came through the day i should have stopped when i first felt off but didnt.I called brother at 2:45 to give heads up then at 3:15 for help the crew showed up within 5 min by 3:30 ambulance was called and at that time there was no way i was able to make a phone call nor talk clearly.I walked to ambulance but once in and rolled out i was out.Just remember waking up around 11:30 pm out of it in ICU dr checked in more iv about 5:30 still out feeling better and by 8 am i was really turning around and feeling normal again.

Stayed in for another day went through a ct scan etc that i dont remember said my chances of being dead without help was pretty high.Just last weekend got to thank the ones who helped me out too felt good to see them all.

4Waters

Reaction score
Worked in havasu last june when it was hot.Like any other day i worked in the heat drank lot of water this time too much in short time and skipping lunch to finish and go.

Ended up with low sodium levels and made me feel like i was wasted and feeling weaker.Went to my brothers place in beachcomber called him said im not well he called some friends there they came by one was a nurse.She ran some drills right away said i need to go to er she thought i may have been having a stroke too based off results she was seeing my right side body was weaker with hand grabs and reflexs.

It came through the day i should have stopped when i first felt off but didnt.I called brother at 2:45 to give heads up then at 3:15 for help the crew showed up within 5 min by 3:30 ambulance was called and at that time there was no way i was able to make a phone call nor talk clearly.I walked to ambulance but once in and rolled out i was out.Just remember waking up around 11:30 pm out of it in ICU dr checked in more iv about 5:30 still out feeling better and by 8 am i was really turning around and feeling normal again.

Stayed in for another day went through a ct scan etc that i dont remember said my chances of being dead without help was pretty high.Just last weekend got to thank the ones who helped me out too felt good to see them all.
Sodium and potassium levels are huge in keeping your heart beating, look up Sodium potassium pump, sodium follows water. Glad you are here

77charger

Reaction score
Sodium and potassium levels are huge in keeping your heart beating, look up Sodium potassium pump, sodium follows water. Glad you are here
I learned alot from it thats for sure.Never had that issue but i aint 20 something working in the heat like i have done more than once.I made changes since if i do work in the heat.I was scared to go back to work even though i aint full time anymore and drinking drinks with electrolytes vs straight water.

Scary shit and could get anyone un prepared

rrrr

Reaction score
The 429 in my Mom's 1969 Ford LTD Country Squire was dark blue. It was rated at 320 HP SAE net, and I found out that because of its open diff, from a standing start I could l smoke the shit outta the right rear tire for a pretty good ways.

Teenagers.

😁

Last edited:

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… forgot about this one again… Knerfing Charles Manson off the dance floor at the Topanga corral could easily have become my demise… I had no idea who he was but didn’t want him dancing with his face hanging over our drummers butt… The Manson folks had already murdered all those people but obviously had .not been caught yet… he followed me around the rest of the night… my thinking was he’s 5 foot two and Im 5 foot 11… What could possibly go wrong???…
… our sound guy had moved his normal station to over by the kitchen… And Manson kept bothering him…I have a feeling the sound guy may have told him where we lived in Malibu…because at some point in time I threw two guys out of our driveway… one looked like Tex Watkins and the other one looked like Charles Manson…but I csnt prove that one…

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
So, even though I can’t touch most of you guys, I’m half lit, and I’ll add 1.
Im 33, married, 2 kids ( 9 & 8 ), working 3 jobs to pay rent, drumming in a party band. We get a xmas party gig for a bunch of Drs @ a country club ( I HATE these places ). Club makes us enter through kitchen - red tile floor, slippery as F - I’m carrying stuff in, slip, hit my head on the corner of the cooler on my way to the floor, wake up with 4-6 doctors looking at me. They tell the leader I’ve suffered a concussion, but not life threatening, but I need the $36.00 I’m going to make for 3 hr gig and an hour each way, so I say, no way I’m stpaying. I go to get my firstset of glasses, but the optromitist can’t get me dialed in - says “ hey, I way you to go see my buddy optimoligist “. I go, 30 seconds, he says, “ I think you need an cat scan - go there, nobody will talk to me - realize they are looking for proof of a brain tumor ( large bump on my forehead from freezer contact ). 2 weeks goes by, I’ve already got will done, call the opthymoligist, he says we meant to call you, come in now. I can’t call wife, I know she can’t hear it - I go in, he says Good news / Bad news. You dont have a tumor, but your eyesight will never be clear with both eyes open again. I move forward - now 65, having minor troubles with sight / memory / balance, but I’m here - that’s what matters - grandkids don’t know papa ain’t right, I’m not gonna tell them !! Bump is still there 35 years latter, everyone says, “ r u ok? Your left eye is 1/2 shit, I say I’m fine, and act like everything is great - just life

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I have too many to count. But this is the one I have no clue why I'm still alive...

James Dean was my hero. "Live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse". I thought two out of three would be ok?

I had a Kawi triple. 500cc 2 stroke street bike. Pipes, carbs stupid fast. But probably the most ill handling bike ever built.

There was a cabin up in Azusa canyon we would ride to, grab a sammich, and then proceeded to get stupid drunk.

After that...

We would race back down the canyon as fast as we could. Maybe we wanted to die?

One weekend, the cops were waiting for us at the bottom. They didn't give us tickets, but they chewed our ass for awhile. Told us if they caught us again, we would spend some time in jail FOR SURE.

We found a different way to try and off ourselves after that. Clearly we failed badly. 🙄

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I have too many to count. But this is the one I have no clue why I'm still alive...

James Dean was my hero. "Live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse". I thought two out of three would be ok?

I had a Kawi triple. 500cc 2 stroke street bike. Pipes, carbs stupid fast. But probably the most ill handling bike ever built.

There was a cabin up in Azusa canyon we would ride to, grab a sammich, and then proceeded to get stupid drunk.

After that...

We would race back down the canyon as fast as we could. Maybe we wanted to die?

One weekend, the cops were waiting for us at the bottom. They didn't give us tickets, but they chewed our ass for awhile. Told us if they caught us again, we would spend some time in jail FOR SURE.

We found a different way to try and off ourselves after that. Clearly we failed badly. 🙄

You had an H2 Mach4?

The only rocket bike that handled worse than the RD400! 😆

Man those 2 strokes were sick though.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
You had an H2 Mach4?

The only rocket bike that handled worse than the RD400! 😆

Man those 2 strokes were sick though.

Crazy fast. I had a friend with a 750 triple! Down bars, rear pegs, pipes. You layed on it like a drag bike.

I only ride it ONE time. It was too much for even my crazy ass! 😱

I guess that's why I'm cool with my V-Rod. I grew up on super fast, I'll handling bikes! 😝

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Probably 20 years ago I was at Locals Sandbar across from Fox's. I was looking for a quick pull so I could do some foiling passes by Sundance and Fox's. My buddy agreed to drive my boat and we grabbed a random guy from the sandbar to be our observer. After a few passes I fell in front of Fox's. I tap out and buddy swings by to pick me up. I am about 10 feet off of Fox's dock and my 1990 Sport Nautique is facing up river for the pick up. I am about 5 feet from the swimstep and I grab onto the ski rope to be pulled in. My buddy (the driver) is out of the driver's seat, facing me, and pulling the rope in. The engine is running as the rope raps around the shifter. I pulled on the rope and the boat shifts in reverse. The swimstep is suddenly in my face as I grab onto it with both hands. The rudder hits my chest as I go under the swimstep and I can feel rush of the water passing me from the 4 blade prop. The random guy we picked up saw what was happening with the shifter and put it in neutral. I pop up from being under the boat and both my buddy and I are ghost white. To this day we both get the chills when we tell the story.

pkbullet

Reaction score
Did a stupid one Monday. At about 6:30 in Las Cruces,I am having my morning coughing fit I’ve been fighting for six weeks and something in my chest drops me to the floor. Hard to breathing and sharp pain center of chest through my back. Get my shit together and get in truck, wife’s driving. I have to me in Phoenix at 2:20 for my Mayo appointment for blood and a CT, other problem. I know I feel like shit but don’t want to miss appointments. On the way about Tucson something explodes the right rear window on my truck, stop tape it up. Get to appointment have CT, they let me leave and are heading to our hotel. I tell my wife I’m still feeling rough and she decides we are going to Mayo ER. Get call from nurse who in panic tell us to get to hospital. We inform her we are on our way already. End story, fully collapsed left lung pushing heart and threatening right lung. Moral of story, as on old guy when shit hurts do not wait 10hrs to get help. My wife was freaked after they told what could of happened on drive.