WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So I had my Gall Bladder removed today….

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
0D987656-8E65-4AFC-802C-276AC331C237.jpeg
It actually wasn’t that bad….

Here is a pic of my current situation. My hospital room is actually quite nice!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Get well quick! Nice room, but no replacement for being home.

If they did the laprascopic deal, lay low and take it easy for a bit. The only reason I say that, I went back to work (light duty) after maybe 4 days? Well, found out that 1 in 2,000 people have two "bile ducts"...sucked ass when I found out I was one of them!

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
View attachment 1079070 It actually wasn’t that bad….

Here is a pic of my current situation. My hospital room is actually quite nice!
Isn't Natalie Brand a left leaning DC type?

Get well and don't let 'em brainwash you!

C-2

Reaction score
Lookin good bud, nice digs! Get better soon.

4Waters

Reaction score
Farts are gonna stink really bad now🤣

Hope you have a fast recovery

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Fuck, that room looks like a JW Marriott!
I agree…. Especially since my hospital is at full capacity! I almost feel guilty.. Best hospital room I’ve ever had. I even have a decent view..

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Hope you heal quick. Be very careful with what you eat. My Dad had his taken out and it was a huge learning curve for a minute. Hysterical at times and he was a good sport about it. No sugar for him before beers or it was HOLY FUCK lol

satellitemike

Reaction score
Had mine removed via emergency surgery about 2 years ago. No issues so far, was eating everything I normaly ate 2 days later. I've always had a cast iron gut.
Dr. wanted me off work for 2 weeks, I went back in 5 days.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Rest up, don't rush it. That definitely isn't a kaiser room.

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
I had mine out at 33. Zero issues with food after but I can not drink alcohol without a hangover now. One beer and before I finish I have a headache. Not a common issue but not uncommon either.
Good luck with your recovery.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Only time I enjoy them is when the recovery room nurse says "How's your pain level?"

Me: "Uhhnnn. Really bad"

Nurse: "OK, here's a couple more milligrams of Dilaudid."

Me: "Dong!"
Yup! Always a 9 on the pain scale. How often do you get dosed up with the good shit?

rrrr

Reaction score
Yup! Always a 9 on the pain scale. How often do you get dosed up with the good shit?
After the removal of my infected knee prosthesis in 2010, I was losing my mind from the pain. The bones are drilled and the prosthesis is glued in place. My orthopedic surgeon had used a big mallet and some striking tools to break it loose from the 3" deep holes that had been drilled into my femur and tibia.

The surgery started at 10 PM, and lasted 2½ hours. After the removal, he installed a spacer, basically a solid block. I didn't have a knee for three months so the infection could heal. The first few hours afterwards were hell. I kept asking for more pain meds, but the nurses told me the surgeon had not answered their calls for permission to increase the dosage.

I'm laying in bed about to start screaming, and to my surprise my primary care physician walked into my room. Turned out he acted as a floor doctor on the orthopedic surgery patient floor between 4 AM and 8 AM two days a week. The guy is a very serious native of China, and I like him a lot. He calls me Ronald.

He knows how effed up my knees are, and could tell I was about to crack. He calls the charge nurse into my room, tells her "I am altering Ronald's pain medication dosage. He will now receive four milligrams of Dilaudid through his IV every four hours." Suddenly I love this man.

She leaves, and in a few minutes my nurse walks in with a syringe and a 4 mg vial of Dilaudid. She loaded the syringe, twistlocked it into my IV line, and let it rip.

Bonnnng! I was floating in seconds. I could taste the stuff the hit was so strong. I was still in some pain, but it didn't seem to matter anymore.

For the next three days, I became a clock watcher. Every four hours I hit the call button, six times a day. When they have to perform a do over, removing the prosthesis is a MF'er. Of the two knee replacement and two revision surgeries I've had, this was the only time I have been medicated to the point of don'tgiveashit. It was awesome.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Best of luck. Had mine removed six years ago. I can eat anything, no changes in diet since surgery. Hopefully you will have the same results.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I had mine out at 33. Zero issues with food after but I can not drink alcohol without a hangover now. One beer and before I finish I have a headache. Not a common issue but not uncommon either.
Good luck with your recovery.
That’s interesting, I had mine out 6 years ago and I get a headache after just 1 beer . I have to take at least 3 Advil before I drink

v6toy4x

Reaction score
That’s interesting, I had mine out 6 years ago and I get a headache after just 1 beer . I have to take at least 3 Advil before I drink
mine was pulled at 42, it takes me 4 beers after the first to kill the headache!

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Staring down the barrel of a new hip next month, I'm peaking at it between my fingers LOL .... Re pain relief during my Life flight a few years back the flight nurse whacked me with a big geeze of Morphine .... boooom painless LOL

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
What is the typical reason one gets their gall bladder removed?

BAS

Reaction score
Looking into bile salt. Prayers for a speedy recovery

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Hey Guys….. I really appreciate the support.

I am still in hospital waiting to have duct stones removed. The last meal I ate was Wednesday, but the morphine has made me not care. I get discharged tomorrow.

To ad some humor…… I gave the longest fart of my life today! I swear it lasted more than 2 minutes. It was also 2 octaves louder than my usual fart. It’s a record I am proud of! Shoulda seen the look on the nurses face!

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
What is the typical reason one gets their gall bladder removed?

Gallstones is by far the #1 reason. My gallblader didn't like processing red meat so I obviously had to kick it out.
Mine felt like I pulled a muscle in my back/side and after 5 days of getting progressively worse it felt like I was being kicked by an NFL punter wearing steel toed boots every time I moved.
Five days in the hospital later to reduce swelling and the surgery. Maybe I should have gone in earlier.

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
mine was pulled at 42, it takes me 4 beers after the first to kill the headache!

Exactly. My only change is I don't do the one beer with dinner or the one Jack and Coke after work. Not a bad thing as now drinking is more of a special occasions thing. If I want to drink I must take Advil with the first sip and I must get buzzed enough to not feel pain.

FreeBird236

Reaction score

I am still in hospital waiting to have duct stones removed. The last meal I ate was Wednesday, but the morphine has made me not care. I get discharged tomorrow.

To ad some humor…… I gave the longest fart of my life today! I swear it lasted more than 2 minutes. It was also 2 octaves louder than my usual fart. It’s a record I am proud of! Shoulda seen the look on the nurses face!
Was this something they found after the fact?

Moabifam5

Reaction score
Staring down the barrel of a new hip next month, I'm peaking at it between my fingers LOL .... Re pain relief during my Life flight a few years back the flight nurse whacked me with a big geeze of Morphine .... boooom painless LOL
Just got my hip done 4 weeks ago. Was on pain med for 3 days total and then on Tylenol. After 2 shoulders, hip was piece of cake. Good luck!

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I see that surgery in my near future.. gall stones are killing me every few months.😬

rrrr

Reaction score
Just got my hip done 4 weeks ago. Was on pain med for 3 days total and then on Tylenol. After 2 shoulders, hip was piece of cake. Good luck!
My right hip was replaced in 2017, I still have problems riding in a vehicle for extended periods. The shoulders are gonna be next, I can't lift my arms much above my head right now.

I have pretty much lost any inclination to believe this shit actually helps. It seems like I have issues after every surgery. I had cervical fusion surgery last March, and it fucked up my ability to swallow and one of my vocal.cords isn't working. I have also gained a hatred for physical therapy, it hasn't changed the situation after ten months.

:rolleyes:

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Take it easy for a while and eat only the prescribed diet and you'll do fine.

X Hoser

Reaction score

My daughters a nurse and of the many other nurses I know your nurse probably gave you a HIGH 5 after that one!

Rest up and heal up! Prayers for a speedy recovery.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I hope you are feeling better and recover quickly!

CALEXODUS

Reaction score
My gall bladder nearly killed me….caused by gall bladder pancreatitis. You see the designer of our bodies decided that a shared duct (pipeline for you oil workers) with these 2 organs would be a good idea and save some parts……
So when it clogs the pancreatic wonder juices can not get out and literally start destroying your pancreas …..

Very bad and it kinda hurts like hell ……removed lap style, just 2 holes and no real difference without that sucker as far as eating, digesting. Well maybe a bit more “fumes” as wifey says…but I don’t notice any extra exhaust, eh eh …

Speedy recovery and get better soon !

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
My dad had his removed at 91. Kept complaining his heart hurt. Doc said he’d never seen one so necrotic. It had been making him sick for a long time.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Hey guys…… just an update.

Its my 2nd day home from the hospital. So far, I am sore as shit. My stomach muscles feel so sensitive. The pain meds make me feel I’ll. Other than that…… I feel fine. I am definitely sticking to the diet restrictions, since I don’t need any complications.

Based on this thread….. I just hope I can still drink alcohol without getting a headache, once I am done recovering. Right now though, I have no plans of drinking till I am healed up.

I sincerely thank you guys for all the well wishes.

As a funny side note. My wife read the thread and commented how nice everyone was……