WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So I made mention of a new magic box

Berdes

Reaction score
Got mine. Set up with HDMI, all kinds of channels. Very cool - except can't get audio to work. Suggestion for a fix?

Berdes

Reaction score
Oh. and yes. volumn is turned up, and mute is off.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I found that the sound is an order of magnitude quieter on the SS box vs other inputs. I have played with the volume and mute on the remote and it appears to do nothing. Overall I really like the box and will be canceling dish this month. The only issues I have are the sound which is minor and that it comes with the poorest remote known to mankind. It is an IR remote and if it is not pointed exactly, and I mean exactly at the box --- nothing.

Overall a good product though.

satellitemike

Reaction score
I found that the sound is an order of magnitude quieter on the SS box vs other inputs. I have played with the volume and mute on the remote and it appears to do nothing. Overall I really like the box and will be canceling dish this month. The only issues I have are the sound which is minor and that it comes with the poorest remote known to mankind. It is an IR remote and if it is not pointed exactly, and I mean exactly at the box --- nothing.

Same issue here w the remote and only works within 12' at best. Mike was really responsive and quick w a couple of fixes but nothing really changed?

Berdes

Reaction score
Thanks. Tried switching the cable out. Have note on s creen " Signal is DVI connection. Use HDMI1 and Audio 3 inputs for this AV signal".
Guess my setup is wrong ? Don't know what note means, connected to HDMI ports and cable.

MagicMike619

Reaction score

There is a fix for the remote issue. If you email me I’ll send you a link. I’ve never done it personally but I know two people who have.
Juststreamit@gmail.com

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Is there's a way to surf channels, or you have to enter a title?
when you goto live tv it brings up a channel list.. it takes about 5 seconds for the stream to load at my house so “surfing” isn’t ideal but you can see all the titles while you are scrolling so you can pick what ya want and do it that way..