WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So I took a 22 year old for a ride...

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
The smart car can be driven as a manual transmission (paddle shifters) or an automatic. I asked if her if she wanted to shift the car and she had no idea what I was talking about.:eek:

I guess manual transmissions are a thing of the past.

IMG_2658.jpg

Last edited:

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I told her she could bang the gears but....:eek::D

WYRD

Reaction score
Maybe she thought you asked her to paddle your shitter?..

Andy B.

Reaction score
Paddle shifters don't count as shifting a manual transmission, it's gotta have 3 pedals and a standard "H" pattern.

Exactly this apparently ignorance is bliss with liberals!!

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Paddle shifters don't count as shifting a manual transmission, it's gotta have 3 pedals and a standard "H" pattern.

What about the non standard "H" pattern?

Probably doesn't count.

Dan'l

4Waters

Reaction score
What about the non standard "H" pattern?

Probably doesn't count.

Dan'l
What other pattern is there? I've driven 3 on the tree (it's still an H) 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,13,15 speeds all H, but if there is something different, I don't know about it and would like to so I can drive it. Not being a smart ass, what has a different pattern.

Edit: If you are talking about a Model T then yes I can drive one but I was just being nice the the millennial generation.

yard dog

Reaction score
What other pattern is there? I've driven 3 on the tree (it's still an H) 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,13,15 speeds all H, but if there is something different, I don't know about it and would like to so I can drive it. Not being a smart ass, what has a different pattern.

Edit: If you are talking about a Model T then yes I can drive one but I was just being nice the the millennial generation.
I wouldn't say that 10 speed is a H pattern less you plan on jumping from 5th to 7th and missing 6th and pulling a load or unload how did work out for you ?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

You grandpa would probably say an H pattern and synchronizers don’t count as a manual transmission.

NASCAR is going to sequential gearboxes and IRS next year..

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
The only transmission I would call a modified H would be a super ten (no level to flip) , because all them you have go lo to hi range but the 10 speed you have go into that hole or miss 6th so that is not a H pattern it's a gear on the hi side of 1st
Yes you’re right, I’ve driven super 10’s but not in the last 15 years, but when you move the stick it’s still a modified H pattern :D

I have to hand it to @GRADS now he’s got us arguing about transmission shift patterns. LOL :p

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
:p

Um. 18:rolleyes:

the 10 is not an H

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...I took a 22-year-old for a ride once when I was 21...Little did I know that I would be the one getting taken for ride...:eek:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The smart car can be driven as a manual transmission (paddle shifters) or an automatic. I asked if her if she wanted to shift the car and she had no idea what I was talking about.:eek:

I guess manual transmissions are a thing of the past.

View attachment 839171

I was reading all the comments about the modified H..

But I kept wondering who’s the hot 22 year old with grads and why is she driving his car? Lol

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I was reading all the comments about the modified H..

But I kept wondering who’s the hot 22 year old with grads and why is she driving his car? Lol
Step-daughter that he has the hots for.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Grads trying to be a trophy husband and a sugar daddy all the same time? :eek::D

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Doordash/jack in the crack delivery driver??

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Lets see how proficient all the shift experts are at doing it left handed in a rhd car. Gotta mentally cross all the brainwaves. Sure you'll be abl to drive but doubtful the natural feel is there for some powershifts:p:D

spectras only

Reaction score
D
Lets see how proficient all the shift experts are at doing it left handed in a rhd car. Gotta mentally cross all the brainwaves. Sure you'll be abl to drive but doubtful the natural feel is there for some powershifts:p:D

Did it every time visiting relatives in England. Also, always had brit bikes along with metric ones with opposing sides of shifters brake pedals. Have you flown r/c planes/helicopters? You have to switch your brain for controls when they fly towards you .;)