WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So I'm talking to McRib about the 2016 RDP shirts and he says...

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... Old-school..

... New school...

...& Logo only...

...What needs to go or be revamped is in the window stickers...bumper stickers that can be perceived by the average person as negative or classless...RDs sucks apparently was funny at first but it is definitely not classy... I have no clue what the gangsta lettering deal mentioned looks like... But something to put on the back window or a back bumper that looks classy would be great... The classic V-Drive club has stick ons that several of us have modified to show a flat bottom only and it gets many questions and it looks cool... I am somewhat speaking out of school because I have only seen a few photos on the site of RDP items...

... Over the past few years the site has increased in quality tenfold...I would love to have something to put on a back bumper or back window of my truck that looked really cool,...as of yet I am not aware of any such item???

Enen

Reaction score
I'd look for a screen print shop that will produce as orders are made. I would find one that will fulfill the orders as well. This way you can list the shirts on your site of all different styles, sizes, colors. Old school, new school, Skaters, DCBs, Mystics, on one design. Schiada's Halletts, and whatever on another. Price accordingly, and when someone orders it alerts to the screen printer to make that particular style of shirt and ship directly to the end user.

The only time you would really need inventory is for events like DS or the boat show. You wouldn't need a bunch of capital tied up sitting on your shelves for long periods of time.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Can you do a shirt with both old school and new school?

Richard.E

Reaction score
Don't really care much about the design as long as there are some tank tops this year.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
If it gets too elaborate or too busy with lots of graphics it's unappealing to me. Simple, sexy understated logo up front and a medium sized attractive photo on the back.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Ran several successful clothing retail stores as well.. Lol. I listen to Steve on matters of swag.. I don't always do what he says, but I certainly listen to it and evaluate it.

Steve went from being a fashionista to mufflers?:headscratch:

Advantage 1

Reaction score

Attachments

• l.jpg
    l.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 30

shan

Reaction score
And, this is why this place SUX! Happy trails.

707dog

Reaction score
RD check ya swag email havnt gotten my new shirts and hoodie need them before they become the old style...lol

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
... Old-school..

... New school...

...& Logo only...

...What needs to go or be revamped is in the window stickers...bumper stickers that can be perceived by the average person as negative or classless...RDs sucks apparently was funny at first but it is definitely not classy... I have no clue what the gangsta lettering deal mentioned looks like... But something to put on the back window or a back bumper that looks classy would be great... The classic V-Drive club has stick ons that several of us have modified to show a flat bottom only and it gets many questions and it looks cool... I am somewhat speaking out of school because I have only seen a few photos on the site of RDP items...

... Over the past few years the site has increased in quality tenfold...I would love to have something to put on a back bumper or back window of my truck that looked really cool,...as of yet I am not aware of any such item???

Wife didn't like rd sux so we went w this one ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454735627.513588.jpg

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Anything with Zoomies and double Ds!!
and a really small pic of vin hidden somewhere!

Reactions: TBI

rush1

Reaction score
Rdp_1.jpg
Make a sticker for our trucks something like this (only make it look good )lol

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
I'd like to see a plane or helicopter on the shirt.

Mr.Puck

Reaction score
Ariel pic of an Rdp raft up,
Members Boats, All flavors !

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I would suggest a conservative RDP logo for casual wear that can be worn at work as well as just hanging out. The RDP brand isn't just about the locals, but people that understand the So Cal brand of boating and attitude from all over the county. Hot boat / car show type T's are cool, but I would recommend pushing the River Dave Site over the boating content. Not that I ever subscribed or read many of them, but this site reminds me of Playboy Magazine. Real adult topics and adult humor.

This is why I keep coming back, I live in WA State and the people / close knit community of an area I don't live in but would love too keep me interested and your site is my default spare time obsession. Cool southern CA or AR based boats are the bond, but the mentality is universal. Promote the RDP website aspect, don't worry about the boats pictured. I would pay good money for a nice polo shirt with a branded RDP logo on the left chest or a windshield banner for my tow vehicle. I don't need the glorified flattie , jet boat or cat pic for others to judge from, I can explain it to anyone that asks, isn't that the point? Let your friends do the advertising. You have many, let us do the heavy lifting.

Jimmy

Reaction score
Put some babes on them somewhere too, im sure there's a whole gallery on here to choose from.
I like the old boat idea, big blower, over transom pipes.
Like the old hotrod cartoons ya see around.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1454742613910.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1454742613910.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 33
  • uploadfromtaptalk1454742652323.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1454742652323.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 303

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RD check ya swag email havnt gotten my new shirts and hoodie need them before they become the old style...lol

When did you order? I have been sick all week.. But had planned to ship out all the balance of orders in am.. Pre this week thought I had shipped everything? Pm me an order number and what you ordered and I will check.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Put some babes on them somewhere too, im sure there's a whole gallery on here to choose from.
I like the old boat idea, big blower, over transom pipes.
Like the old hotrod cartoons ya see around.

Jimmy have you seen the current shirts?

Faceaz

Reaction score
So I'm talking to ole Andrew last weekend at my house in between dangerous Trampoline antics, and Vodka cocktails about 2016 RDP gear.. And he tells me "Honestly Dave I'd buy more RDP shit, but I'm not into the old school shit.. The Flat Bottoms and smaller boats." It's like when someone says something that they didn't mean to be mind blowing, but it stops you in your tracks and you can't stop thinking about it?

So the question boils down too... "Have I been making shirts for me all these years? Do people really want to see new school shit on the back of shirts and if so what?"

So now I'm wondering if I shouldn't run a new school shirt with some big bad ass new boat on it.. MTI / Skater / OL / Eliminator (28 Speedster) / Nordic (28SS) / DCB (M series) etc..

What are your thoughts? Keep it old school with the Schiada's, Flat Bottoms, Big motor small boat type stuff? Or flip it up to the new school??

What do you want to see on the back of your shirt?

(I really don't want to run 2 shirts if I don't have too... It gets expensive quick, especially with all the sizes, etc.. we have to stock)

RD

LOL... That's all I'm into. I think it sucks that I need a medium 23' boat just to handle the chop of a busy weekend. Would much rather strap my 300x onto a 21' Daytona with 6" of freeboard & be able to reach out & get a splash of water. To each their own, I don't see the appeal of a concealed capsule that rides like a couch. No wind, no water, no reading the water, might as well be driving a car.

My retirement plan doing ex & restoring a wood deck flatty to cruise on the weekdays.

Jimmy

Reaction score
Jimmy have you seen the current shirts?
I was assuming it was something like what grads put up.
Just had a look, if that had a chick bent over it that would look tough as.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I would suggest a conservative RDP logo for casual wear that can be worn at work as well as just hanging out. The RDP brand isn't just about the locals, but people that understand the So Cal brand of boating and attitude from all over the county. Hot boat / car show type T's are cool, but I would recommend pushing the River Dave Site over the boating content. Not that I ever subscribed or read many of them, but this site reminds me of Playboy Magazine. Real adult topics and adult humor.

This is why I keep coming back, I live in WA State and the people / close knit community of an area I don't live in but would love too keep me interested and your site is my default spare time obsession. Cool southern CA or AR based boats are the bond, but the mentality is universal. Promote the RDP website aspect, don't worry about the boats pictured. I would pay good money for a nice polo shirt with a branded RDP logo on the left chest or a windshield banner for my tow vehicle. I don't need the glorified flattie , jet boat or cat pic for others to judge from, I can explain it to anyone that asks, isn't that the point? Let your friends do the advertising. You have many, let us do the heavy lifting.

Interesting thoughts and ones that I will definitely jump on.. I will make the polos and the toned down shirt and see how it does.

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
I'd look for a screen print shop that will produce as orders are made. I would find one that will fulfill the orders as well. This way you can list the shirts on your site of all different styles, sizes, colors. Old school, new school, Skaters, DCBs, Mystics, on one design. Schiada's Halletts, and whatever on another. Price accordingly, and when someone orders it alerts to the screen printer to make that particular style of shirt and ship directly to the end user.

The only time you would really need inventory is for events like DS or the boat show. You wouldn't need a bunch of capital tied up sitting on your shelves for long periods of time.

What do you want to see on the back of your shirt?
I probably have this confused with the bumper sticker machine I thought you mentioned you bought not all that long ago (it seems) but didn't you also buy something so that you can make up the shirt designs as well in-house?

If not and you're able to find the right place like Enen came up with, Maybe you could also have the sales ordering option set up for option # 4 being where the ordering customer sends/mails in, Or set it up so that on the actual ordering page done online, they attach a quality photo of their actual boat to be printed on the back of your logoed shirt.

Just something different to consider is all. One would think when it comes to their actual boat, the added cost of the shirt might not be all that much of an issue.;):skull

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score

This is exactly what my wife can do, i've offered a few times to get involved and take over the never ending shirt saga lol. It's not that hard and we do this exact thing for a couple of organizations already. She can do everything, in house, from design to direct shipping. Even if they like their current designer its no problemo. Just send her the files and she can do stickers, screen print and embroider anything people want on to anything. Even promotional show items.

Once a screen is made or a logo is digitized for the embroidery machine, its easy to go back and print. Someone wants 1 (or 100) shirt thats the logo from 5 years ago? Easy. Just order it.

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score

And sadly, this is why i haven't ordered any shirts since i moved from Arizona. It took 6 months for me to get them when i live a few hours away......:D

Reaction score
And sadly, this is why i haven't ordered any shirts since i moved from Arizona. It took 6 months for me to get them when i live a few hours away......:D

That was the old RD. You know the one that was sick all the time, eating like crap and smoking like a rib joint in KC. RD 2.0 is on top of it now that he's in weight loss challenges and eating salads.

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
That was the old RD. You know the one that was sick all the time, eating like crap and smoking like a rib joint in KC. RD 2.0 is on top of it now that he's in weight loss challenges and eating salads.

Pm scent for my shirt order. thanks again!

Reactions: TBI

FrznJim

Reaction score
Just hit the shop button on the website. Are there any short sleeve mens XL tshirts in stock?

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
Personally this is the reason I just stick with hats. I like the old school stuff even though it isn't for me. Just don't want it on a shirt.
At the same time if I wanted a DCB, MTI, Nordic, etc (which I dont) I would just buy one of their shirts.
My vote is simple and clean logo type shirts.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
For the shirts, I say old school all the way with hot rod boats with exaggerated blowers and zoomies, if it's not in the water maybe being pulled by rodded '69 El Camino or tricked out, lowered old school 60's station wagon. The people on the site get it. Those look more interesting than a 28' Howard deck boat or a Nordic 34 Flame - not that those are awesome boats, the hot rod boats are more of an eye candy, especially when a boobilicious babe is somewhere in the picture.

For the bumper or window stickers just go with RDP, RD SUX or River Dave's Place - keep the .com off it to keep the trolls off and do away with the gangsta font.

707dog

Reaction score
For the shirts, I say old school all the way with hot rod boats with exaggerated blowers and zoomies, if it's not in the water maybe being pulled by rodded '69 El Camino or tricked out, lowered old school 60's station wagon. The people on the site get it. Those look more interesting than a 28' Howard deck boat or a Nordic 34 Flame - not that those are awesome boats, the hot rod boats are more of an eye candy, especially when a boobilicious babe is somewhere in the picture.

For the bumper or window stickers just go with RDP, RD SUX or River Dave's Place - keep the .com off it to keep the trolls off and do away with the gangsta font.

X2 on the shirt, peeps can buy there boat manf shirts if they want a new style boat on the shirt id go with the crazy /cool throw back look. But a 240 hallett would look nice...lmao

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting a manufacturer specific shirt. of course we all could go straight to them for a shirt. I'm not an old school guy. I like looking at them cause most are done to the 9s and I appreciate the work but I'm not running out to get in one or build one.

base on the comments here so far you can tell who the old farts are. lol. AARP boating at 5 am cause you need that kind of water does not appeal to me. but I guess it would be nice to burn a tank of fuel and be at Dennys before 630 am for an early bird special. :)

someone posted about a Polo Shirt. I love that idea!! I loved the polos you made for yore DS street party booth staff a few years ago. I'd buy one of those for sure. my favorite shirt out of all was last year's with the big logo on top of the rough plan Motor drawing with optional blue or red color logo.

I used to think this site was 50 50 split between old and new school but I think the scale has flipped to new school. enough to change shirt designs? maybe not. I just know how I feel and I feel I'd buy more swag if it had new school BIG VEES or maybe big cats. (I'm not a big cat guy either) I'd definitely buy a neutral representation of RDP boating lifestyle. the only rdp shirt I have with a boat on it I got for free and I never wear it. lol

looks like my .2 scents is the same as quite a few others.