WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So I'm talking to McRib about the 2016 RDP shirts and he says...

hallett21

Reaction score
I would run 3 different styles off
1. off-road and maybe on a trailer
2. old school boats
3. new school boats
That covers what Rdp is all about.
You should be able to gauge how many to order from your pre orders.
You could even have your advertisers sponsor the shirts that corresponds to their boat on your shirt. That will take care of the setup costs.

This. If you go from old school to new school you may just trade one group of customers for another and not "grow"

Edit : add another vote for a clean logo shirt or polo. I like the clean logo on the red and blue rdp shirts. I think it's time to loose the tribal font on those stickers as well

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
If money is no object, go the three shirt design route. If not, stay old school with origins of river boats.

I would run 3 different styles off
1. off-road and maybe on a trailer
2. old school boats
3. new school boats
That covers what Rdp is all about.
You should be able to gauge how many to order from your pre orders.
You could even have your advertisers sponsor the shirts that corresponds to their boat on your shirt. That will take care of the setup costs.

The way I'm saying to do it the money is on the advertisers not rd. Image Imco wants to sponsor the shirts with Howard boats you get a pic both companies on it and they will subsidize the production run.
I would make off road shirts for the winter time and old and new school shirt for summer time so you always have cash flow.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is exactly what my wife can do, i've offered a few times to get involved and take over the never ending shirt saga lol. It's not that hard and we do this exact thing for a couple of organizations already. She can do everything, in house, from design to direct shipping. Even if they like their current designer its no problemo. Just send her the files and she can do stickers, screen print and embroider anything people want on to anything. Even promotional show items.

Once a screen is made or a logo is digitized for the embroidery machine, its easy to go back and print. Someone wants 1 (or 100) shirt thats the logo from 5 years ago? Easy. Just order it.

Have her call me Brian. I will try anything, but to my knowledge there is no way to do what you are saying and get the result I am looking for. Not to say I know of every process out there, but I'd say I'm somewhat knowledgeable about making shirts.

RD

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
My RDP polo is the shit. I'm surprised Hammer didnt spill beer on it ... he managed to get it all over my foot. [emoji1] [emoji14] [emoji482]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This. If you go from old school to new school you may just trade one group of customers for another and not "grow"

Edit : add another vote for a clean logo shirt or polo. I like the clean logo on the red and blue rdp shirts. I think it's time to loose the tribal font on those stickers as well

The way I'm saying to do it the money is on the advertisers not rd. Image Imco wants to sponsor the shirts with Howard boats you get a pic both companies on it and they will subsidize the production run.
I would make off road shirts for the winter time and old and new school shirt for summer time so you always have cash flow.

We did Sponsor shirts on the 2nd RDP shirt and the 3rd RDP shirt. It worked very well during the time period that we did it in.. Without writing somewhat of a novel it would be hard to explain why I can't do exactly what you said right now. I could do varying degrees of it.

And sadly, this is why i haven't ordered any shirts since i moved from Arizona. It took 6 months for me to get them when i live a few hours away......:D

That was the old RD. You know the one that was sick all the time, eating like crap and smoking like a rib joint in KC. RD 2.0 is on top of it now that he's in weight loss challenges and eating salads.

I've been sick all week.. The order you two guys are joking about was placed on 1-29.. Do the math on that.

Just hit the shop button on the website. Are there any short sleeve mens XL tshirts in stock?

Yes we have short sleeve in white, and short sleeve in Grey. :)

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting a manufacturer specific shirt. of course we all could go straight to them for a shirt. I'm not an old school guy. I like looking at them cause most are done to the 9s and I appreciate the work but I'm not running out to get in one or build one.

base on the comments here so far you can tell who the old farts are. lol. AARP boating at 5 am cause you need that kind of water does not appeal to me. but I guess it would be nice to burn a tank of fuel and be at Dennys before 630 am for an early bird special. :)

someone posted about a Polo Shirt. I love that idea!! I loved the polos you made for yore DS street party booth staff a few years ago. I'd buy one of those for sure. my favorite shirt out of all was last year's with the big logo on top of the rough plan Motor drawing with optional blue or red color logo.

I used to think this site was 50 50 split between old and new school but I think the scale has flipped to new school. enough to change shirt designs? maybe not. I just know how I feel and I feel I'd buy more swag if it had new school BIG VEES or maybe big cats. (I'm not a big cat guy either) I'd definitely buy a neutral representation of RDP boating lifestyle. the only rdp shirt I have with a boat on it I got for free and I never wear it. lol

looks like my .2 scents is the same as quite a few others.

Says the guy who drinks booze out of a child's sippy cup [emoji2]

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
Have her call me Brian. I will try anything, but to my knowledge there is no way to do what you are saying and get the result I am looking for. Not to say I know of every process out there, but I'd say I'm somewhat knowledgeable about making shirts.

RD

Will do! She said she will talk to you on Monday when she is in the office.

Spot

Reaction score
Dave, you can do both and you'll sell more T-Shirts that way too. Think big.

If you have old school and new school, people will buy both.

This.... I buy shirts to the support the site because I have fun here. But I would love some updated styles and boats. Shoot, just throw London Bridge on it... I would rock that

Hammer

Reaction score
My RDP polo is the shit. I'm surprised Hammer didnt spill beer on it ... he managed to get it all over my foot. [emoji1] [emoji14] [emoji482]

[emoji23][emoji482][emoji482][emoji41]

NdaWind

Reaction score
How about just a pic or drawing of the river. No whinning from either side

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
How about just a pic or drawing of the river. No whinning from either side

This is exactly what I was thinking. Why does there have to be one specific boat on there anyway. I color pic of parker, or a Havasu would be pretty cool.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is exactly what I was thinking. Why does there have to be one specific boat on there anyway. I color pic of parker, or a Havasu would be pretty cool.

Namely because nobody would buy it.. Lol.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I got it pretty much all figured out for 2016 now.. So we will see what the graphics guys come up with and I'll put them up when they are done

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well I will have an old school, a new school, and a "RDP" logo shirt, as well as a <gasp!>. New style hat and traditional hats at DS this year.. If I get stuck with 6,000 worth of inventory I'm blaming all of you.. Lol.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Well I will have an old school, a new school, and a "RDP" logo shirt, as well as a <gasp!>. New style hat and traditional hats at DS this year.. If I get stuck with 6,000 worth of inventory I'm blaming all of you.. Lol.

XL\XXL Flex fits please!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
We will have them
Dave, our Troop got these hats this year, and they are So comfortable! I know the guy who got em done. Let me know if you're interested. They are padded all the way around the edge

(flex fit hats fucking suck for my head) The velcro on these make em fit perfectly.

uploadfromtaptalk1454871891055.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1454871906661.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1454871919466.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1454871929976.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Joe maybe I can get one of the suppliers to send me a sample of one of those hats.. But we for the most part don't run anything other then Flex fits

DLC

Reaction score
Hi all long time lurker here!

What about running a standard tee something you can get all year long then a limited run of say a DS2016, Memorial Day 2016, July 4th tee type of shirt limited quantities. This will make us buy a tee for each event? Or holiday... There are plenty of boats to post on each tee/ event and the turn around is quick and you could pre order from an awesome web site.. RDP pre order before you make the run...

Also

Almost every time I made a trip to Havasu I had to stop by Wine Time Liquor, for a Expose yourself to London Bridge tee or tank I had like 10 of those at any time, what about a play on those shirts say expose your self to the Parker strip, expose yourself to copper canyon or something... Just an idea

I don't buy dark colored tee's but I have ton of white, ash, light and dark gray and tan tees, hats stay with flex fit. I usually buy Carhart tees 3 or 4 at a time unless they are on special then it's game on!

I have 3 RDP hats but no tees because all you had at the time was black tees and I'm not a fan of black tees..

An off road type of tee would be BAD ASS!

If you have any excess tees mark em down and dump em at an end of summer sale!

Thank you for the great site! There are a lot of Awesome people here and I can't go more than a couple days with out checking in!

DLC

yz450mm

Reaction score
RDP represents a giant group of people that spend stupid amounts of money to buy trucks and boats, then drive hours and hours across barren desert to go hang out on the same stretch of a river. Eventually, we all end up at the same bars, whether we have a 1200 horsepower flattie or a 75 horsepower pontoon.

If I were you, I would have one shirt that represents a cross section of all the boats, and another shirt that is just a logo shirt. As for hats, you need to look into the material that Under Armour uses for the vented hats. They can get wet and not lose their shape at all, in fact I wear one every day at the gym and after a few months it still looks new (after quite a few washings).

Reaction score
My only grip about the shirts is the heavy ass 100 cotton shirt. Dave you should try a blended 50/50 or 60/40. Dry fit lighter shirts for summer.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Joe maybe I can get one of the suppliers to send me a sample of one of those hats.. But we for the most part don't run anything other then Flex fits

I dunno about anyone else, but I won't buy a flex fit. Too damm tight on my mellon. They give me a fucking headache!

RDP represents a giant group of people that spend stupid amounts of money to buy trucks and boats, then drive hours and hours across barren desert to go hang out on the same stretch of a river. Eventually, we all end up at the same bars, whether we have a 1200 horsepower flattie or a 75 horsepower pontoon.

If I were you, I would have one shirt that represents a cross section of all the boats, and another shirt that is just a logo shirt. As for hats, you need to look into the material that Under Armour uses for the vented hats. They can get wet and not lose their shape at all, in fact I wear one every day at the gym and after a few months it still looks new (after quite a few washings).

This right here. ^^^ Dave, you remember what our shirts look like?? Everyone seems to want one.

shirt.jpg

Englewood

Reaction score
I'd love something with a newer boat on it. I'd love to have a shirt just not a fan of the motor or old school look.

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
My only grip about the shirts is the heavy ass 100 cotton shirt. Dave you should try a blended 50/50 or 60/40. Dry fit lighter shirts for summer.

Well, if E ends up doing them you can order whatever you want and know it will be at your door step in about a week!

And whoever wants full cotton can choose those...

milkmoney

Reaction score
Old school.

Go buy a big boat and ask for shirt from manufacture like eliminator or dcb or Nordic etc. [emoji202][emoji2]

I like big boats also. [emoji41]

Reaction score
Well, if E ends up doing them you can order whatever you want and know it will be at your door step in about a week!

And whoever wants full cotton can choose those...

So basically I can get them direct? Cut out the middle man. Sweet.