WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So I'm talking to McRib about the 2016 RDP shirts and he says...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I'm talking to ole Andrew last weekend at my house in between dangerous Trampoline antics, and Vodka cocktails about 2016 RDP gear.. And he tells me "Honestly Dave I'd buy more RDP shit, but I'm not into the old school shit.. The Flat Bottoms and smaller boats." It's like when someone says something that they didn't mean to be mind blowing, but it stops you in your tracks and you can't stop thinking about it?

So the question boils down too... "Have I been making shirts for me all these years? Do people really want to see new school shit on the back of shirts and if so what?"

So now I'm wondering if I shouldn't run a new school shirt with some big bad ass new boat on it.. MTI / Skater / OL / Eliminator (28 Speedster) / Nordic (28SS) / DCB (M series) etc..

What are your thoughts? Keep it old school with the Schiada's, Flat Bottoms, Big motor small boat type stuff? Or flip it up to the new school??

What do you want to see on the back of your shirt?

(I really don't want to run 2 shirts if I don't have too... It gets expensive quick, especially with all the sizes, etc.. we have to stock)

RD

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
So I'm talking to ole Andrew last weekend at my house in between dangerous Trampoline antics, and Vodka cocktails about 2016 RDP gear.. And he tells me "Honestly Dave I'd buy more RDP shit, but I'm not into the old school shit.. The Flat Bottoms and smaller boats." It's like when someone says something that they didn't mean to be mind blowing, but it stops you in your tracks and you can't stop thinking about it?

So the question boils down too... "Have I been making shirts for me all these years? Do people really want to see new school shit on the back of shirts and if so what?"

So now I'm wondering if I shouldn't run a new school shirt with some big bad ass new boat on it.. MTI / Skater / OL / Eliminator (28 Speedster) / Nordic (28SS) / DCB (M series) etc..

What are your thoughts? Keep it old school with the Schiada's, Flat Bottoms, Big motor small boat type stuff? Or flip it up to the new school??

(I really don't want to run 2 shirts if I don't have too... It gets expensive quick, especially with all the sizes, etc.. we have to stock)

RD

I think it would be cool to change it up, not saying every year new now, but I think your sponsors would like it too. 28SS would be my personal pick :thumbsup

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Shintoo is right. So is McRib.

And don't gay it all up like the old Pinkish toned HootBoot shirts. (I still have one of those in a bag)

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Just saying - there is nothing wrong with an m series shirt every decade or so RD. :D

Spudsbud

Reaction score
anything twin hull would be cool.
matching logo on the hat.....
but what do I know....

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Yeah Dave put a big poser boat on the shirt, maybe put "Tap Out" under it and include a free vape stick with every purchase :thumbsup

That would be sick brah!

DouchebagSnr.jpg

Havasu Dave's Place :D

underpressure

Reaction score
Personally, a nice 29ft Nordic Deck would make a very nice image for the new RDP shirts...and there are a lot of Deck Boat owners on here...

But, yea, the occasional "new school" design would be welcome...

sirbob

Reaction score
I think you could just as easily put 2 boats in the picture - 1 new 1 old

Lots of regatta shirts or event shirts have multiple boats in the pic [emoji15]

Problem solved !

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
Fuck McRib fucking baller!!!! Most of us can't afford those fancy new boats. We would get shit when we pull up in our hoopty boat wearing and RD Baller shirt...

Just fucking with you Rib it sounded good. Don't try to kick my ass if you see me on the river cause I will just drop my shorts (that's my go to move when I'm about to get my ass kicked) and you will be the one running away.

Dave I think you should do two type of shirts. New school CUSTOM boats & old school CUSTOM boats. Fuck rollbar boats keep them on giant lakes & the ocean NOT THE FUCKING RIVER ASSHOLES!!!!

Oh did I get a little carried away? Sorry! We're headed to the river and I have the wife driving so I'm bored. :)

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I would run 3 different styles off
1. off-road and maybe on a trailer
2. old school boats
3. new school boats
That covers what Rdp is all about.
You should be able to gauge how many to order from your pre orders.
You could even have your advertisers sponsor the shirts that corresponds to their boat on your shirt. That will take care of the setup costs.

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
2. old school boats
3. new school boats
You could even have your advertisers sponsor the shirts that corresponds to their boat on your shirt. That will take care of the setup costs.

Fucking genius!!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

RD

What TBI said...

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
2. old school boats
3. new school boats

Makes sense - if RD takes your advice which one of the three will he SELL the most of? What does everyone else think?

zhandfull

Reaction score
How about a retro shirt. A rerun of the original first RDP shirts. I can't even remember what they looked like but I remember having a few and liking them. I do remember they had no sponsors on them like some of the later shirts did.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
New school! Ain't no way in hell I'm walking around with a jet boat on my back.

rush1

Reaction score
Keep it simple make both :D

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I've bought all the shirts in the past few years. I think most anything you'd come up with I would buy, just please don't stop using the Alstyle Classic shirts, it's about all I'll wear. I see a lot of cool looking shirts that I never buy because the shirt is some POS.

Ultra247

Reaction score
Dave, I really like your first question. Have I been making shirts for me?

I vote old school all the way. If you can put eye candy on a shirt...(boats, motors, female anatomy) they sell like hotcakes. A skater or Eliminator is cool but it is nothing like having a good old 21 Schiada with a blower motor in it! That's the shirt that I'll buy.

On another note, window stickers. I'd love to put a River Dave's Place sticker on my truck but I'm a corporate guy so the "gangster font" just doesn't work for me. I've got customers to haul around. Give me hat and sticker options that are more generic and I can put it on my truck.

Just some honest feedback.http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Thanks,

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
What about a Malibu or Bayliner ? Nothing hotter than a bone stock banana boat!

Backlash

Reaction score
It IS called River Dave's Place.

So technically, you can make the shirts how YOU want them. ;) It has your damn name on it! :D

Can't recall seeing an MTI on the strip. Screw that.

Stay with old school badass V-drives or a nasty 19/21' Daytona or similar. Just my .02.

shan

Reaction score
My opinion is this place is predominately about the new school stupid expensive gigantic shit that doesn't belong on the river. That's not me nor what I want on the river, but that's just me. I would put that shit on the shirt to increase sales, but I won't be buying one. Peace out.:)

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
2. old school boats
3. new school boats

If money is no object, go the three shirt design route. If not, stay old school with origins of river boats.

rchelm19

Reaction score
Although you would prefer to only run 1 kind of shirt, I would suggest doing an old school and new school because like many others, I would buy both.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Sounds like the question is (given the mixed responses) are you going to limit your sales demographic to "river" only?
You know better than anyone that RDP, while rooted at "the river" and havasu has members from all over the Country...even other Countries.

My opinion is that, as was mentioned before, perhaps a limited run of so called "new school" with something that the boys in Florida, or offshore guys, and the east coast might actually buy?

Personally, I'm old school and a hot Rodder...but you are probably leaving some money on the table by limiting swag to that.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Is buy both types...I'm due my RDP shirts are wore out!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Lots of responses in here.. When I get to my computer a little later I will try to respond to them all..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have black long sleeves in Stock right now Steve!! I am going to end up redoing our whole store front and promotions regarding Rdp swag

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
I have black long sleeves in Stock right now Steve!! I am going to end up redoing our whole store front and promotions regarding Rdp swag

You can't go off 2FF's opinion, he is confused he buys a new boat every 5 minutes... Literally!:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You can't go off 2FF's opinion, he is confused he buys a new boat every 5 minutes... Literally!:D

Ran several successful clothing retail stores as well.. Lol. I listen to Steve on matters of swag.. I don't always do what he says, but I certainly listen to it and evaluate it.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I like old school. It's a timeless design that'll never get old regardless of how expensive, gaudy, or big the current boats get. If you do new, start off with limited pieces and see how it goes from there. Things have a tendency to sell out easier if you throw limited edition or the like in front of things. The last thing you want is an abundance of dead stock.