WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So I'm talking to my buddies.. and they said "Ya know Dave".

grumpy88

Reaction score
Phone rang, I saw it was RD and it flashed in my mind Dave will be shooting me a pin to hook up the trailer, grab the tow straps and head to the desert for someone is broke down.

RD never turns down anyone asking a favor.

No it was a different favor RD was doing for someone. I hope that worked out ok.

Night before it was a RDP lurker that called me and asked a favor.
He only had a short time to live and wanted a last Jameson.
View attachment 969588
We got it to him.
That was really nice of you ! Sorry about the out come .

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
He passed away. One of the nicest people I’ve ever met. We met by chance. He never posted but loved the forum. 2FF was his favorite character.
Spinal cancer.

RIP

Reactions: TPC

Taboma

Reaction score
Yes I have :)

Instead of that I went the sell the home, be 100% debt free, bought a big toy hauler 5th wheel, added tons of solar/batteries for off grid use, a RAM Dually and hitting the road with my pups and Harley to travel around the USA. This is a dream of mine and I am going to live it :)

I like that plan 👍 👍 👍

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Long story short many of us @ RDP remember the situation years ago where a RDP member was sentenced to i believe 20 years Prison for the worst crime a man could commit involving his family.
Many of us also remember Tom (DILLIGAF) cutting a check for $150k to purchase that guys boat so his family could survive.To my knowledge Tom never talked much about that deal he just wrote the check and helped that guys family thru a lousy situation.Gotta say,sure was a nice boat.The guy still in jail today had the ability to build incredible motors and rigging,But he fucked up big time.

It wasn't 150K but the rest is true. I hope the family was able to re-build their lives. Your post made me think of them while I read your post.

I really liked that boat. It was a thing of beauty.

I did get kind of tired of people coming up to me in LHC while there and always asking about the guy and what happened. I just wanted to boat and have some fun.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
It wasn't 150K but the rest is true. I hope the family was able to re-build their lives. Your post made me think of them while I read your post.

I did get kind of tired of people coming up to me in LHC while there and always asking about the guy and what happened. I just wanted to boat and have some fun.
I know who you're talking about but what kind of boat was it?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I know who you're talking about but what kind of boat was it?

430591_3111245353468_534513554_n.jpg

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
Dave,

I always run thru the front homepage omw to the forums in case theres something new. I actually do read most of them as they come in 👍

Reactions: TPC

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
It wasn't 150k but the rest is true. I hope the family was able to re-build their lives. Your post made me think of them while I read your post.

Well,if you went much above 150k you more than generous. :) Seriously does not matter how much it was. Payback for that gesture will be incredible someday.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Nahh RD I’ve never known you to turn anyone down.
Even hand the keys to your truck & flatbed to a total stranger in the middle of the desert to get his disabled RZR, wife and friends home.

I remember a lot those times you've helped people out RD. You forget - there's been so many times and you're quick to do it too. Most often your idea to lend a hand.
I always tell people you’re the most unselfish person I’ve known.

lol.. I forgot about that, up at pirates!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Long story short many of us @ RDP remember the situation years ago where a RDP member was sentenced to i believe 20 years Prison for the worst crime a man could commit involving his family.
Many of us also remember Tom (DILLIGAF) cutting a check for $150k to purchase that guys boat so his family could survive.To my knowledge Tom never talked much about that deal he just wrote the check and helped that guys family thru a lousy situation.Gotta say,sure was a nice boat.The guy still in jail today had the ability to build incredible motors and rigging,But he fucked up big time.

Not to put a damper on that but I think he’s out of jail now.. someone told me he was awhile back, I never confirmed it.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
So I'm talking to all my buddies, about a variety of subjects, but in this case we were talking about RDP. A couple of them mentioned the negativity in here lately, and unfortunately I have to agree with them on that front. It does seem like people want to say negative shit when it's not necessary? I almost tapped the subject when I was down in Mexico having a blast in paradise, and a couple members made comments that were just mind blowing to me..

Much like our new WH press secretary though we can circle back to that. They said something that really caught me off guard.. They said "Dave you need more boating content."

:oops::oops::oops::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Now here's my response to that... "What the F do you mean we need more boating content?? I got boating content coming out of my ears? I spend a wad that would choke an elephant every single month on boating content, just to make sure we have high quality boating content while I'm kinda down for the count with this ankle bullshit?"

It occurred to me that some of my friends literally just come to the forums and don't ping the front page on their way in.. You guys know we put boating articles up literally daily right? The same guy that headed up PowerBoat Magazine and did all their boat tests etc... Is the guy that is putting up the majority of them. We also have a girl in Florida writing articles non stop on East Coast stuff, and Bryner and Tommy jumping in every chance I can get them for extra content.

Are you guys (yes all of you in the forums) checking on the front page and reading all this stuff?

Quick Recap of Billy's Pirates shows overall - https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/articles/river-rocket-meet-up-–-pirate-cove-2013.783/

Restless Famous Hallett Vector (Featured Boat) - https://www.riverdavesplace.com/for...he-world-famous-edelbrock-hallett-vector.781/

When to repair or when to ditch a prop - https://www.riverdavesplace.com/for...s-repair-or-replace-that-is-the-question.782/

An ode to the IHBA / Lucas series from 09 - https://www.riverdavesplace.com/for...as-oil-drag-boat-take-over-–-2009-part-2.780/

Excellent Article on restoring Gel Coat - https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/articles/diy-gelcoat-restoration-made-easy.772/

There's interviews with Billy B from awhile back
Jets that Tom Papp would've approved of
Nice article on Irvine Lake and Dave Moyes

And even stuff about Nortech..

I'm kinda immune to it because I am seeing a ton of "Boating Content" every single day as I'm the one kinda overseeing all this stuff... Are you guys seeing it?

RD
I consider RDP a "Life Forum" .... much more than simply a boating forum. I've been on 5 years now and have learned all kinds of stuff.... hell, just recently I learned how to season a friggin cast iron skillet. As for folks negativity, meh..... can't control others. Try not to give it too much thought, its referred to as the asylum right?

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Not to put a damper on that but I think he’s out of jail now.. someone told me he was awhile back, I never confirmed it.

Well,maybe he can start over,build a new life and build engines again.If his engines have heldup as good as they looked when finished he was onto something.