WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So...Is Cancel Culture working?

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
I would hate to be a major corporation C.E.O. these days. It seems your damned if you do or your damned if you don't
I refuse to buy products from those who caved to the cancel culture crap.
So breakfast sure has changed at my house lately, no Mrs. Butterworths, Aunt Jemima and no Land O Lakes butter all of these caved to C.C.P (Cancel Culture Police) now add Coke A Cola Products to the list of stuff I will not buy any more and allot is changing in my house hold.
So is it working? did the C.C.P.. achieve their goal, could this be well thought out reverse psychology where 1% of the customer base causes the C.E.O.s to piss of 99% of their customer base because they are to stupid to forecast the results or just to scared to face these fear monger children. OR!!!! if I wanted to make just a tone of money, I would short a company Stock and send these kids after them... So what do you think is it "ignorance of mind" or "brilliance of profit" ?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
What I find fascinating is these extremely powerful CEO's appear to be absolutely terrified of about ~1000 loudmouths on twitter over issues that half the country agrees or disagrees on.

Similarly, when there are documented human rights violations happening in the world (what the Chinese are doing to the Uyghur Muslims) most of these corporations are silent as hell. I don't like doing it, but feel like I need to give kudos to Patagonia for being consistent and planning to exit the Xinjiang region of China in response to the Uyghur oppression.

DWC

Reaction score
Too early to tell in the latest round. Nikes Kap deal didn’t seem to hurt them. If anything it helped with their demographic. I’d say same with Coke long term. The next few years should be interesting at least. Personally, not sure how any CEO speaks out on behalf of any public company.
I just watched the head of Augusta give his press conference. Thought the way he answered should be used an example for all leaders. Basically said that his opinions are his and shouldn’t detract from what they’re doing at Augusta.

CDBA8940-BF35-4495-B005-14A1E3C744BF.jpeg

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
Goya is doing ok as far as I know. Cancel culture kinda backfired on itself with them.

Augusta will be just fine also, and I can’t imagine the PGA Tour moving that tournament to elsewhere. It’s just awesome how the MLB Comissioner moved his all star game out of Georgia, but is hanging on to his Augusta membership...

2Driver

Reaction score
Fitting: all the woke companies that gave millions to the BLM ended up as puppets to their now multi-billion dollar network of power.

Tank

Reaction score
I was just thinking yesterday, the list of shit I have to boycott because of woke politics is growing exponentially daily.

NIKE (Kapernick)
Converse (owned by Nike)
NFL (kneelgate)
NBA (BLM)
MLB (Georgia)
Coke (Georgia)
Delta (Georgia)
American Airlines (Georgia)
Aunt jemima (calls of racism)
land o lakes (calls of racism)
Mrs. Butterworth(Calls of racism)
Youtube (Banning conservative platforms)
Google (banning conservative patforms, guiding liberal agenda, edits non political correct verbage)
Amazon (Banning conservative content)
Gillette (bows down to #metoo)
Disney (multiple but recent firing of actor on mandalorian, China sycophant )
Intel (workplace diversity program)
Ben & Jerrys (long oposition to police and support of cop killers & release of ice cream flavor to protest Trump)
Pepsi (use of BLM topic for commercial)
Adidas (pushed to retire native american sports mascots)
Starbucks (many - eliminating plastic straws, changing policy regarding customers only using restrooms)
Microsoft (AI to include gender inclusive wording)
Twitter / Facebook (where do you start? Over all censorship, radical political involvement, The list is too long)
Bank of America (gave away client info regarding riot at capital hill with out warrant as well as cut ties with companies that run immigration detention facilities)
T moblie (superbowl commercial demanding equal pay for women)
Pintrist (bands pro-life site)
Spotify (censors "hate content" as selected by left wing groups)
Apple (bans pro life site from platform, banned conservative Twitter alternative Parlor, HUGE China sycophants )
Airbnb (user agreement to treat everone without judgement or bias), Levis (anti gun propaganda)
JP Morgan Chase (bans clients knows for conservative values / activists)

And the list goes on and on and on and on.

Last edited:

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Wait till they see what BLM does if they don’t get their way . They have already threatened jurors on the Chauvin trial . Caving in to BLM demands will have dire future consequences.

copterzach

Reaction score
Goya is doing ok as far as I know. Cancel culture kinda backfired on itself with them.

Augusta will be just fine also, and I can’t imagine the PGA Tour moving that tournament to elsewhere. It’s just awesome how the MLB Comissioner moved his all star game out of Georgia, but is hanging on to his Augusta membership...

I think Augusta should kick his ass to the curve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
What I find fascinating is these extremely powerful CEO's appear to be absolutely terrified of about ~1000 loudmouths on twitter over issues that half the country agrees or disagrees on.

Similarly, when there are documented human rights violations happening in the world (what the Chinese are doing to the Uyghur Muslims) most of these corporations are silent as hell. I don't like doing it, but feel like I need to give kudos to Patagonia for being consistent and planning to exit the Xinjiang region of China in response to the Uyghur oppression.

These so called Genius Democratic Party, Big Tech, and Cancel Culture CEO Warriors are doing this to appease the Chinese Communist Party. They believe those heathens will be their saving grace by giving them a marketplace to hock their goods and grow their corporate profits. In the end the CCP will ultimately cancel them. It's what communists do!!!

caribbean20

Reaction score
I was just thinking yesterday, the list of shit I have to boycott because of woke politics is growing exponentially daily.

NIKE (Kapernick)
Underarmor (owned by Nike)
NFL (kneelgate)
NBA (BLM)
MLB (Georgia)
Coke (Georgia)
Delta (Georgia)
Google (banning conservative patforms, guiding liberal agenda, edits non political correct verbage)
Ben & Jerrys (long oposition to police and support of cop killers & release of ice cream flavor to protest Trump)
Starbucks (many - eliminating plastic straws, changing policy regarding customers only using restrooms)
Twitter / Facebook (where do you start? Over all censorship, radical political involvement, The list is too long)
Bank of America (gave away client info regarding riot at capital hill with out warrant as well as cut ties with companies that run immigration detention facilities)
Apple (bans pro life site from platform, banned conservative Twitter alternative Parlor, HUGE China sycophants )
Airbnb (user agreement to treat everone without judgement or bias), Levis (anti gun propaganda)

Agreed. Keeping up with the list of companies I want to boycott because they are sissies is exhausting.

Reminds me of the Women’s Rights boycott of Augusta back in 2003 because they didn’t admit women. Bunch of ladies walking around with signs and protesting at the entrance and one lone redneck with a sign that read “Make me a sandwich bitch.” I still crack up remembering that gem.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
These so called Genius Democratic Party, Big Tech, and Cancel Culture CEO Warriors are doing this to appease the Chinese Communist Party. They believe those heathens will be their saving grace by giving them a marketplace to hock their goods and grow their corporate profits. In the end the CCP will ultimately cancel them. It's what communists do!!!
This is what I don't understand. Anyone that took a history class, or opens a book now and then, knows the end game. The concept of libralism is different than that of communism. These people are pushing communist ideals under the guise of being liberal. At the end of the day, the communists want state controlled everything. At that point, the CEO's and boards will have outlived their usefulness. Then, they will be made out as being enemies of the state, and carted off.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
it is interesting that the little guy boycotts (q.v, OP above, and much sentiment thereafter) and the big biz boycotts (Mc Connell "Economic Blackmail", 4-5-2021) are now in a battle for political hegemony over which 'cancellation' will attain greater impact.
Place your bets.

Tank

Reaction score
add United air. Just announced they’re Goal is to diversify their pilots by 50% goal is to make 50% people of color and /or female by 2030.

How about hiring the best pilot? Not based on what someone looks like? Good grief.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
add United air. Just announced they’re Goal is to diversify their pilots by 50% goal is to make 50% people of color and /or female by 2030.

How about hiring the best pilot? Not based on what someone looks like? Good grief.

Beat me to it!

On the same subject...when can we start shooting?

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about United or the other airlines. Not like they need real pilots now. Hell the aircraft can take off, cruise and land on autopilot. The human is just a backup system that also makes the stupid announcements. I'm kind of surprised airlines aren't just opening warehouses of Aircraft Simulators but using them to fly actual flights.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
UA isn’t owned by Nike. They’re a completely separate publicly traded company.

Hurley is owned by Nike though.

NIKE (Kapernick)
Underarmor (owned by Nike)
NFL (kneelgate)
NBA (BLM)
MLB (Georgia)
Coke (Georgia)
Delta (Georgia)

Tank

Reaction score
UA isn’t owned by Nike. They’re a completely separate publicly traded company.

Hurley is owned by Nike though.

Great fact check. That was 100% my bad. I was thinking of Hurley not UA. UA is actually a fantastic company. Owner even backed DT in 2016 and took a ration of shit for it.
My original post has been corrected. 👍

I believe Nike sold Hurley in 2019. Unfortunately, they still own converse.

True story.

LakeBeard

Reaction score
boycott any of these 11 companies and look how many products you actually have to stop buying in order to stop supporting them.
1617907004894.png

Tank

Reaction score
See Biden walking back his reckless opinion and encouragement of NBL getting out of Georgia? Little bit of push back already starting. Polls show the majority of US don't agree with all this woke bullshit. After Biden professed he encouraged NBL to get out of Georgia due to their new law and applauded them for doing so, he was asked yesterday if PGA should also pull out of the upcoming big event. He was quick to walk back the support of boycotting Georgia (since the counties these sporting events are held are democratic run DOH!) stating something to the effect that boycotting can have negative affects on local economy and jobs. NO SHIT ASSHAT! What a fuckin tool.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
See Biden walking back his reckless opinion and encouragement of NBL getting out of Georgia? Little bit of push back already starting. Polls show the majority of US don't agree with all this woke bullshit. After Biden professed he encouraged NBL to get out of Georgia due to their new law and applauded them for doing so, he was asked yesterday if PGA should also pull out of the upcoming big event. He was quick to walk back the support of boycotting Georgia (since the counties these sporting events are held are democratic run DOH!) stating something to the effect that boycotting can have negative affects on local economy and jobs. NO SHIT ASSHAT! What a fuckin tool.
Open mouth, insert foot. Knee-jerk reactions are often more harmful.

1tonfun

Reaction score
So how do we cancel the cancel culture? Support companies that give the finger to the cancel culture?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I spent twelve hours on a train with a person of color the other day. We get along great and got into a few of these questions. Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben were two major conversations.
I am blown away as we still have the old white dude on Qauker Oats, however had to rid our homes of the two black people that were in I’d assume 60+% of all homes in America, Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben.
So the way i presented it to her is why are we in today’s so called cancel culture bullshit removing these Blacks from our homes? What positive did anyone of any colors or ethnicity find by removing these two and many more from our homes?
It’s absurd is all i can say.

DWC

Reaction score
I spent twelve hours on a train with a person of color the other day. We get along great and got into a few of these questions. Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben were two major conversations.
I am blown away as we still have the old white dude on Qauker Oats, however had to rid our homes of the two black people that were in I’d assume 60+% of all homes in America, Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben.
So the way i presented it to her is why are we in today’s so called cancel culture bullshit removing these Blacks from our homes? What positive did anyone of any colors or ethnicity find by removing these two and many more from our homes?
It’s absurd is all i can say.
When we flew to Nashville last year the guy next to me was an African/American. Looked like an ex-pro athlete, easily a foot taller than me. I was on my phone and he spots a political article. Asks if I’m a Trump fan and I thought oh shit.. here we go. Turns out so was he. More so he knew the left is a train wreck. Raise taxes, etc. Great conversation overall.

Watching the Masters yesterday was surreal. They let Lee Elder hit an honorary Tee Shot. First African/American to play in the masters. Got it, pretty cool deal for him. Problem is his health issues prevented him from even hitting a shot. Their attempt to be woke was just that. They want to include it in every situation possible to show they care. It’s not like the best golfer in the history of the game isn’t African/American. One of the most popular/influential athletes of all time.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Is cancel culture working? Well, when was the last time you saw or heard from Trump? And we typically watch Fox News. Seems the Dems have successfully created an illusion where Repubs and Conservatives have ceased to exist. Although, 50% of the Senate are Repubs and the Dems only hold a very small majority in the House. 75 million people voted for the Repub ticket. About half of the country remain with a Repub/Conservative view. But you wouldn't know it by watching the news or looking at social media. I imagine social outlets like Twitter etc are now wondering why they didn't ban Trump long ago. So, until some of the actions of major news media and social media are found to be in violation of the 1st Ammendment, I'd have to say it appears cancel culture is working in a number of ways.

Dana757

Reaction score
Pretty soon the only thing left for y'all is going to be rain collected water. lol The only thing I've canceled is my TV. Best decision ever!

DWC

Reaction score
This whole thing is just a sleight of hand.

Argue over this while they all rob us blind.
Rob us blind = Redistribution of wealth. Without a doubt their end game to buy votes.
1493511F-E0FD-4AC4-BC7F-0286A51BCE27.jpeg

Cdog

Reaction score
Is cancel culture working? Well, when was the last time you saw or heard from Trump? And we typically watch Fox News. Seems the Dems have successfully created an illusion where Repubs and Conservatives have ceased to exist. Although, 50% of the Senate are Repubs and the Dems only hold a very small majority in the House. 75 million people voted for the Repub ticket. About half of the country remain with a Repub/Conservative view. But you wouldn't know it by watching the news or looking at social media. I imagine social outlets like Twitter etc are now wondering why they didn't ban Trump long ago. So, until some of the actions of major news media and social media are found to be in violation of the 1st Ammendment, I'd have to say it appears cancel culture is working in a number of ways.

I'm also sick to death of the do nothing weak spined republicans. They were so busy trying to protect their re-election & stay in the club they didn't really fix a fucking thing during the two years they had all the power to do so. Fuck all of them. I'm sitting this out for a while. Let the dems run the table and tank the country. I think this goose is cooked. We're just coasting till we run out of gas at this point.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score

The current CEO of UA is Scott Kirby, 53 years old. He is a graduate of the US AF Academy and received his Masters at George Washington. That's all fair and good. But, what happened to his minimum 5 year active military obligation after graduating from the AF Academy? I did see a brief mention of him once working at the Pentagon as a budget analyst for a few years. Seems a far cry from active military. Maybe I missed something?

DWC

Reaction score
Always funny to see the past come and bite them in the ass.
2CF64806-2174-4ACC-8013-9B29948225FD.jpeg
A5234915-B7F5-4230-AF49-7E5F9D8A30D1.jpeg

Could be why they feel so guilty... Then again.

9FA134E6-B52E-40A4-9019-95B1AB4622CA.jpeg