WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So is there any toyhaulers that aren’t complete piles of shit???

blue wonder

Reaction score
So I’ve had a few and they have all been crap, currently have a 2017 Raptor and is by far the biggest piece of shit I’ve ever owned, I know there all piles of shit but are there any that are better than others...need a fifth wheel with at least a 14’ garage

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I think all the "normal" ones are about the same. Work & Play seem good, but low lids. Then you step into custom stuff like Renegade and such...never had the coin to look though...

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
They are all junk! This is one of the reasons I went to the super C this summer. I can now just drag a trailer with toys and have a reasonable unit.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Cheap junk and expensive junk.
The Grand Designs are getting better.
Don't get one with the soft floor.
That'll bite you on the ass when you go to sell it.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Toy haulers are like river food......none of them are great!

The 5th wheels seem to be a little better built than the bumper pulls, but probably because it's a higher price point.

I'd buy from a major manufacturer with dealer nearby for easy drop-off / pick-up for warranty work. Then just pick the model you want, and stay off the washboard roads when heading to camp

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Mine is ok, eclipse iconic. I don’t have any issues with appliances but some stuff falling apart like my spice cabinet and facia for the outlets pop out of the wall too.

Mrs. Riley1

Reaction score
Not sure where you live, but my sister is the internet trailer manager at Mike Thompson’s in Colton. She mainly sells the Grand Design brand. They seem to be a bit better than the rest.

lenmann

Reaction score
Cheap junk and expensive junk.
The Grand Designs are getting better.
Don't get one with the soft floor.
That'll bite you on the ass when you go to sell it.

What is the "soft floor" condition?

satellitemike

Reaction score
Not sure where you live, but my sister is the internet trailer manager at Mike Thompson’s in Colton. She mainly sells the Grand Design brand. They seem to be a bit better than the rest.
Good to know, I may be hitting her up for a 300rbts after the pandemic bull shit ends. I tried to buy from MT in Colton back in April and the price I was quoted magically went up 4K on the deal and I told them to F off and walked!

clarence

Reaction score

?

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I’m happy with my fuzion (keystone)
We have had it a year now and issues have been minimal. Pretty sure I’m lucky and got a Wednesday build. Mine was the one they took to the RV shows so I’m guessing all the broken shit was found right away and fixed.

8E2FECED-144D-43A1-9F65-FECAF4E7FC29.jpeg

Mrs. Riley1

Reaction score
Good to know, I may be hitting her up for a 300rbts after the pandemic bull shit ends. I tried to buy from MT in Colton back in April and the price I was quoted magically went up 4K on the deal and I told them to F off and walked!
Inventory is still in short supply, but hopefully getting better soon. Let me know when you’re ready and I will give you her info.

hallett21

Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve ever see a 1/2 ton with a 5th wheel lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X Hoser

Reaction score
I was doing some homework recently and came across this company. Way outa my league price wise, but, I have heard talk they really are the best made product...

Friend of mine has a new 42' Grand Design Fifth Wheel that has as many issues as my new Keystone Fifth Wheel. I believe they are all thrown together as fast as possible and then bank on the fact that most people will fix the problems themselves or just live with it as they get so frustrated with dealerships and getting warranty work done. Mine was at Giant RV 2 months and they "fixed" 2 of the 30 items I had on the list. The ones they fixed were so poorly done I had to redo them myself. I'm working on the list now myself, and fixing things the right way! They are all JUNK out of the factory IMO.

Dr Rob

Reaction score
So I’ve had a few and they have all been crap, currently have a 2017 Raptor and is by far the biggest piece of shit I’ve ever owned, I know there all piles of shit but are there any that are better than others...need a fifth wheel with at least a 14’ garage
check out Luxe toy haulers on YouTube

kimbalee

Reaction score

our friends had one and painted a giant K before the "RAPTOR" lol

Meaney77

Reaction score
I'd buy from a major manufacturer with dealer nearby for easy drop-off / pick-up for warranty work. Then just pick the model you want, and stay off the washboard roads when heading to camp

Thats half the pain point, you buy something from a dealer and they sell you on how many local dealers closer to your home will work on your brand of trailer/MH, Etc.... and its all bullshit. The local dealers dont want to touch, its not their problem so you have to take a day off work to go drop it off where you bought it from. 2 months later once they MFG gives the dealer the okay to complete the warranty work you have to take another day off to go pick it up only to find out that half the stuff you wanted addressed was fixed. Its such horseshit, and dont even get me started about what a scam the extended warranty is. I ended up getting so fed up that I dove into my trailer problems myself.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I'll tell you that little one I had for a few years was built extremely nice.. Never had one problem with it, and the shower ran as good as any house shower I've ever used. I miss that damn thing and wish I wouldn't have sold it now.

RD

j21black

Reaction score

Hermosa

Pibb + Red Vines = CD
Reaction score
I came from the Class A world and went to a toy hauler, the all seem cheap after having a nice motorhome. Bought a new Genesis, been happy with it, seems better than most. The new Attitude I looked at before I bought the Genesis was really cheap in comparison. Their fit and finish was horrible on all 3 of them I looked at. I looked at a XLR, was impressed with the fit and finish, seemed quality. They all suck in their own ways.

Cdog

Reaction score
My 2018 Genesis Gs34 has been awesome. No problems.....yet. Might be selling it to order a bigger one soon.

C7336BAA-3E13-4139-8E4D-EF421CB3B76D.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve ever see a 1/2 ton with a 5th wheel lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A trailer just cant be parked on the street here.. it has to be "hooked" to something. He was just making it looked ready to tow so the people on NextDoor don't summon the police.

ramos45

Reaction score
I had a used Keystone TT for two years. We try to only boondock which means many washboard roads. After the first long trip offroad in Mojave Nat Preserve I opened the door to find window fixings hanging off and much more. I ended up buying spare parts online along with those little screws that poke through then collapse on the inside of the particle board walls to hold the screws tight and went to work securing everything. We sold that rig this year in prep to get a bumper pull Stryker toy hauler but ended up with an Air OPUS instead. The dealer in Phoenix tried hard to sell the warranty but no go. I have no faith in warranty work. The time it takes to drive I can probably have it fixed knowing i did it right or cut the corners I deemed ok.

Knowing that all are made like shit, and I even found complaints on ATC, we were set on Stryker mainly due to price point for amenities and King size bed.

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
I've had three products by Jayco. I had a 2004 Class C, then I went to a 2010 bumper pull Jayco Octane toyhauler that I gave to my brother, and now I have a Jayco Seneca. All have been pretty bullet proof and my brother has not really taken care of the TH and it still hasn't had any problems. I know Jayco had made a fifth wheel toyhauler (seismic I think), however the dealerships that are Jayco dealers rarely had many, and often had other brand TH's on their lots. Like said before, I think they are all built by the same two big companies.

zhandfull

Reaction score
A trailer just cant be parked on the street here.. it has to be "hooked" to something. He was just making it looked ready to tow so the people on NextDoor don't summon the police.
I left my FS30 on the street in front of my house years ago and drove the truck to work. Had a parking ticket stuck on the front of trailer and another on the rear when I returned, both written about an hour apart. 😁

jadenchick

Reaction score
We have a Keystone Fuzion 417. We bought it brand new and just minor issues for them to fix but no current issues to date. The layout was what sold us on the unit. I just wish it had a full bath in the garage but they said it’s impossible to do. That is my only complaint.