WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

D

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Congrats. I hope you like it as much as my wife and I did.

We saw so much of this great country and loved it. As much as we loved it, it was the people we have met along the way.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I would think at some point you will sit down and think ‘what the fuck am I doing’. Maybe not. But that’s a massive change in life, don’t let your head get in the way of the enjoyment.
remember your worst day is better than most people’s best day at work and the pressures of bills etc
Congrats. We will be watching and wishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are looking at Flagstaff as a way to escape California. Our daughter lives there and we love it. Congrats on breaking free and I hope to follow you in about 5 years!

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I would think at some point you will sit down and think ‘what the fuck am I doing’. Maybe not. But that’s a massive change in life, don’t let your head get in the way of the enjoyment.
remember your worst day is better than most people’s best day at work and the pressures of bills etc
Congrats. We will be watching and wishing

Naw....well thought out and I am not the type to look back. If i actually hit the wall I will just stop like Forest Gump ;)

Tx

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Ho hum
0640E8E7-E6F5-46C2-98F6-DAA0E374E2ED.jpeg
7C1F36B1-151C-40C4-8228-F88E5C4B8387.jpeg

Taboma

Reaction score

I daydream of sitting in the forest and simply relaxing, or on a beautiful beach on a tropical island staring at the horizon and watching the waves wash ashore.
Then after about 10 minutes, I'm thinking, OK, now what ? I don't sit and do nothing very well at all, not really, only in my dreams.
I'm wondering, before my wife retires and we attempt such an adventure, is there a "How to truly relax, without bouncing off the walls" course I can take ? 😁

Well, hopefully following this thread I can watch and learn. OK, I'm bored, now what 😂😂 Seriously, I think having a toy hauler I can bring a SxS and have fun exploring, or day trip with the truck.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I daydream of sitting in the forest and simply relaxing, or on a beautiful beach on a tropical island staring at the horizon and watching the waves wash ashore.
Then after about 10 minutes, I'm thinking, OK, now what ? I don't sit and do nothing very well at all, not really, only in my dreams.
I'm wondering, before my wife retires and we attempt such an adventure, is there a "How to truly relax, without bouncing off the walls" course I can take ? 😁

Well, hopefully following this thread I can watch and learn. OK, I'm bored, now what 😂😂 Seriously, I think having a toy hauler I can bring a SxS and have fun exploring, or day trip with the truck.

Exactly....I do have my Harley and right now I am just going to take it easy and figure things out along the way. Its a long deserved deep breath I am concentrating on now. Thats it...nothing more and nothing less ;)

You gotta learn to be Taboma...lol

buck35

Reaction score

Learn to live without the so cal lifestyle, you really need to venture out and meet some folks in other parts of the country.

Dr Rob

Reaction score
Learn to live without the so cal lifestyle, you really need to venture out and meet some folks in other parts of the country.
We live on 72 Acres just north of Williams Arizona. If you need a slight change of pace you're always welcome to bring your rig up can stay for a while.

Joker

Reaction score
I love what you’re doing Tom. If you ever want to stay in HB to realize you’ve made the right decision, let me know.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
We live on 72 Acres just north of Williams Arizona. If you need a slight change of pace you're always welcome to bring your rig up can stay for a while.

I think that was meant for me. Thank you for that. I always liked Willams since camping out there with my son about 30 years ago. We hit the road with a two man pup tent for 3 weeks. He hated me at times along the way...lol

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
So....todays adventure started out with nobody moving around that tent across the way since Thursday. I called the forest svc and told them its either abandoned or there is a dead body inside. I am not going to approach and they can do a drive by when time permits. They said they would.

Now its time to venture into Flagstaff to do a few things.

Had to go to a laundry mat. A cholo comes up to me and calls me brutha and needs some help. Shows me his prison discharge papers with MS-13 on them. Ahhhh...not a chance. Another guy comes out while I am eating a burger by the truck where the pups were with the windows open. I drop a fry and a crow comes by. I kick the fry to the crow and tells the guy thats what he wants. He says ff are nasty horrible food. I said so what they taste good. He said they will kill you soon enough. Waved that fucker off as a dumbass. Go into the laundry mat to check on my clothes...I dont trust friggin anybody. I hear dog barking and look out as Bandit had jumped out and is heading across the parking lot. It was Roxy letting me know whats up. I get to him just as he pisses on the burger king drive thru sign.

What i learned today

F LAUNDER MATS!

Just another day in Flagstaff. Lol

fmo24

Reaction score
Laundry mats are definitely a hit or miss adventure. We have a washer and dryer in our coach but do need to go to a laundry on occasion. Dogs bedding and such won’t work in our stack able. Always entertaining to say the least

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Like RD said. Keep this thread going. We are all with you on this one. Safe travels ….