WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So let’s say you want to buy a boat before summer

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You would love to spend 50.. you will goto a hundred for something that works.. and while ya don’t want too 150 isn’t out of the range if it’s a great deal or something that is out of the ordinary bad ass. (Big motor conquest? Twin rig toon?)

One gimpy foot, 3 kids under 10.. need to be able to get on and off of it. Need to be able to sit down while driving.. and the kicker ya want to take it to LOTO and Texas during the summer to hit some
Different lakes.

What’s out there? What would you get and why?

Asking for a friend.. 🤪

lbhsbz

Reaction score

hallett21

Reaction score
No CC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HST4ME

Reaction score
🤔 :p So your saying its toon time.

Reactions: t&y

sintax

Reaction score
easy!

buy that 20' Schiada w/ the boostpower twin blower setup that @Outdrive1 is selling. Perfect family boat for gimps, but you'd have to get rid of those rear buckets. That was a horrible idea...

Singleton

Reaction score
With your busted up ankle and kids wanting to enjoy water sports you are heading towards a toon or deck boat.
both offer easy on/off access. Sounds like you need to look that at updated Magic deck at Maxed

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I’d go a center console , maybe 39ft or so, and maybe triple OB . Doesn’t have to be 450’s . I’m thinking a center console would be perfect for Powell .

DWC

Reaction score
Twin engine toon all day. Easy to get off/on. Get you to the Springs/Topock as fast as you need.

6BEEDC3A-F768-4626-A8DE-24B35CD6C556.jpeg

copterzach

Reaction score
my biggest concern is that it would be even more difficult for me to get on and off of than my Hallett.

I do like the idea of being able to walk around the boat without hurting my foot though.. I mean my friends foot

You should be thankful yore not a horse. You know what they do to horses with a bad foot...

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Hey RD, I’m thinking spend more $

IMG_2289.jpg

Or...

I also saw the Conquest that Maxed Out listed. That would be great boat too with eazy access for your problematic foot.

oldschool

Reaction score
I would guess a deckboat or a pontoon, although they will be limited for watersports.

Last edited:

PlanB

Reaction score
Hey RD, I’m thinking spend more $

View attachment 969681

Or...

I also saw the Conquest that Maxed Out listed. That would be great boat too with eazy access for your problematic foot.

That pic is why a toon is nice. I would never put a glass boat on that beach.

DLC

Reaction score
Just get the twin toon DWC posted, it will last a few years and won’t loose much on resale

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
You would love to spend 50.. you will goto a hundred for something that works.. and while ya don’t want too 150 isn’t out of the range if it’s a great deal or something that is out of the ordinary bad ass. (Big motor conquest? Twin rig toon?)

One gimpy foot, 3 kids under 10.. need to be able to get on and off of it. Need to be able to sit down while driving.. and the kicker ya want to take it to LOTO and Texas during the summer to hit some
Different lakes.

Asking for a friend.. 🤪

Didn't you order a Twin 450 Poontoon last year?

You could do a lot worse than this for around $100K+ 2007 Conquest 28 Top Cat 2 Deckboat. Mercury Racing 525!! - boats -... (craigslist.org)

Reactions: TPC

Jay Dub

Reaction score
Please don't shoot me. What about a wake/surf boat? Something like Mastercraft NXT22? With the ages of your kids it would check most of your boxes.
link

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Toon if you plan on hitting those other lakes. From what you and others have told me, LOTO would eat a deck boat alive.

Tank

Reaction score
I'd agree with everyone. Deck boat. It'd be kinda cool to tow a deck boat out to LOTO and other lakes east of havasu that have never seen one in person too. Maybe a way to work a promo deal on one through a builder (always gotta work the angles ;) )

A second option but it's gonna go way up in price is a CC with a side door for easy access on and off.

McKay

Reaction score
Toon if you plan on hitting those other lakes. From what you and others have told me, LOTO would eat a deck boat alive.

This. A buddies twin 400 tri-toon ran just great out there last year. Can’t imagine how bad it would be trying to get from bar to bar in a wakeboard boat out there on weekend.

Tank

Reaction score
This. A buddies twin 400 tri-toon ran just great out there last year. Can’t imagine how bad it would be trying to get from bar to bar in a wakeboard boat out there on weekend.
I wouldn't want to be in a toon on LOTO either frankly.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I could be persuaded to sell you my Flotilla for less than 50 grand. Walk right on at two different locations, entries are level with most docks, family friendly and rides like a dream. Perfect boat for a gimp with a family. 😁

Last edited:

hallett21

Reaction score
A toon or deck on lotto seems like a rough weekend

PlanB

Reaction score
I barely set mine on it. I hate rocks, like I hate the wind!

One of the nice things about beaching a toon is they are bow heavy. You only need a couple of feet of beach at you are set.

As far as rough water, you guys need to ride in a modern tri-toon. Both of my toons (28' & 25') handle sloppy, choppy crap better than most of my fast boats. I have been in some decent monsoons in Havasu, and they do very well for their size.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Where is 2ff? Dave you get get a good deal on one of his [emoji848]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
A toon or deck on lotto seems like a rough weekend

The big twin rigs are doable on loto.. I was with preston in a playcraft out there a couple times. The 40 OL was better. :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
what about a big block 22 placecraft or 23 domin8or, either are roughly a 80mph deck boat with a 496/520 in them

2 small if I was going thst small I’d go with a Mach 22 with twins and run it mid week.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If anyone should be able to answer this question it's you Dave.

given my druthers I would take an eticket with 600+ per side.. impossible to find. Considered a big advantage 34 with twins that preston had but I dunno if that’s for me.

I might make a run at the big white conquest that they only built one of.. I think I could get it reasonably and it’s bad flipping ass.. dunno how it runs though or honestly anything about it. Problem is resale on that?

Stacy wants a toon that we can park in the marina for weeks on end.

The other half of me says buy an antler boat and teach the kids to waterski / wakeboard / tubing all mid week all summer.

hallett21

Reaction score
The big twin rigs are doable on loto.. I was with preston in a playcraft out there a couple times. The 40 OL was better. :D

I guess the question is will you be headed to the ocean in the future? If that’s the case CC or big V all the way.

I know you talked about a trick door in the bow or a ladder system.

The rear entry of a CC with the setback bracket looks really accommodating. Just have to throw an anchor and stern line when at havasu [emoji16]

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Don't do the pontoon, I think you might will regret it in the long run. Do a nice deck boat with good power. Something that you can keep.

DWC

Reaction score

Different lakes.

Asking for a friend.. 🤪

This Cheetah or the Magic at Horizon are badass too.
0F7823EC-6B97-4D4E-A85D-ADF9FBCC890A.jpeg

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
given my druthers I would take an eticket with 600+ per side.. impossible to find. Considered a big advantage 34 with twins that preston had but I dunno if that’s for me.

I might make a run at the big white conquest that they only built one of.. I think I could get it reasonably and it’s bad flipping ass.. dunno how it runs though or honestly anything about it. Problem is resale on that?

Stacy wants a toon that we can park in the marina for weeks on end.

The other half of me says buy an antler boat and teach the kids to waterski / wakeboard / tubing all mid week all summer.

If these are the situations, you could get a pontoon with a tower. I know everyone on here hates them, but a nice wakeboard boat is a true all around family boat that everyone can enjoy.

hallett21

Reaction score
Eticket would probably do pretty good in the big water. 29 deck with 450rs. Now we’re talking

Reactions: DWC