WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So let’s say you want to buy a boat before summer

LowRiver2

Reaction score
You would love to spend 50.. you will goto a hundred for something that works.. and while ya don’t want too 150 isn’t out of the range if it’s a great deal or something that is out of the ordinary bad ass. (Big motor conquest? Twin rig toon?)

One gimpy foot, 3 kids under 10.. need to be able to get on and off of it. Need to be able to sit down while driving.. and the kicker ya want to take it to LOTO and Texas during the summer to hit some
Different lakes.

What’s out there? What would you get and why?

Asking for a friend.. 🤪

Um,
Between Preston, Billy Bl, and Bernie, if YOU can’t get a deal from one of them, no one is getting a deal🤣

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Don't do the pontoon, I think you might will regret it in the long run. Do a nice deck boat with good power. Something that you can keep.

I tend to agree.. I drove my buddies with 400’s. It was nice but I’m not sure if it was for me.. I can change some stuff on it though to make it more “fun” if I went that route. Lol

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Eticket would probably do pretty good in the big water. 29 deck with 450rs. Now we’re talking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fell in love with Etickets my first desert storm after moving to Havasu. They are the smallest looking big deck out IMO. I dont think Ill ever get there and would ideally prefer a single engine 25-26'.

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Sure looks like it.
658233FE-DC88-43B8-BD92-CDB6D9D0F4D9.jpeg

oldschool

Reaction score
given my druthers I would take an eticket with 600+ per side.. impossible to find. Considered a big advantage 34 with twins that preston had but I dunno if that’s for me.

I might make a run at the big white conquest that they only built one of.. I think I could get it reasonably and it’s bad flipping ass.. dunno how it runs though or honestly anything about it. Problem is resale on that?

Stacy wants a toon that we can park in the marina for weeks on end.

The other half of me says buy an antler boat and teach the kids to waterski / wakeboard / tubing all mid week all summer.
A nice direct drive Tigè perhaps.

RaceTec

Reaction score
Isn't @Goodtime$ tooling up that new Center Console? Have him make it broke ankle guy accessible!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I’d have one in two seconds flat if I wasn’t crippled lol

I've been saying that for 3 years. CCs don't work for those with mobility issues. It is the same challenge as your current 270.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I’d go a center console , maybe 39ft or so, and maybe triple OB . Doesn’t have to be 450’s . I’m thinking a center console would be perfect for Powell .

if you are talking about a CC with a generator/cabin/kitchen/bathroom for Lake Powell then I agree. Otherwise Powell is a 26-30 twin wacker go fast and sip fuel proposition.

2Driver

Reaction score
Long towing a big toon isnt fun. We had 2 differnt ones and towed them to the river amd to Powell. Its like dragging part of a house down the road.

Personally Id rent something in TX and MO, easier and probably cheaper but thats me

Id much rather tow a deck boat

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
Can Thane put a door in your 270? I don't think there's enough room, but might be worth a call.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
This would look pretty solid with RDP plastered down the side...

Make the gimp swim in!

Tank

Reaction score
This would look pretty solid with RDP plastered down the side...

Make the gimp swim in!
That thing should be called triple headache!! Tiple blown 700hp motors to Bravo's? Whew!

blue wonder

Reaction score
How about a Mach 22 W/ twins, there easy to get in and out of :)

Tank

Reaction score
That things got "SS RDP" written all over it!

Funny they don't ever show the cabin on it. It's pretty nice with a table in the center of a Vee birth that converts into a king bed and there's an enclosed head. Bad ass.

However, it starts at 300k.

AlenfraProductions__DSC5892-Edit_splet.jpg

Last edited:

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I'm kind of in the same boat beside the foot and kids thing, but need a boat before summer and a $200k limit
So my old formula is for sale new motors great cruiser. air conditioning you can even sleep on it. great bathroom 60mph handles rough pretty damn well

or the boat that Tank keeps letting me know about

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
That thing should be called triple headache!! Tiple blown 700hp motors to Bravo's? Whew!

Stop thinking offshore... 42' Monster isn't going airborne, and cruising in the 80's on Havasu isn't going to hurt anything.

I don't want to change the plugs in it though!

Tank

Reaction score
I'm kind of in the same boat beside the foot and kids thing, but need a boat before summer and a $200k limit
So my old formula is for sale new motors great cruiser. air conditioning you can even sleep on it. great bathroom 60mph handles rough pretty damn well

or the boat that Tank keeps letting me know about

These are the boats I'm telling you about. Trying to save you money Danimal. ;)
This is a lot of boat for the price...

But this is the one bro!! Big power and 6's. Dooooooo it.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Hey Dave...... Why not get a boat that will haul your side x side?

The boat below is so ridiculous, I just had to post it!

I must admit.... I am having trouble picturing the boat below at Lake Havasu.

buck35

Reaction score
Dave, you need a raft and a bunch of jetskis.... Aging sucks . Good luck with the search,I feel for ya.

hallett21

Reaction score
Or how about making an offer on the big eliminator cat. You can take that anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
Can Thane do it? I have a sawzall and some Flex Seal. Lets do this!
He can do it, they have everything from Hallett. The sawzall is the easy way to get it done. While we're at it, maybe just make it an open bow and then have a big door that swings out like the CC's have off the transom... Beauty of that is you can make it ADA compliant for wheel chair access.

Singleton

Reaction score
Earlier this week good old RD was asking for a reference to another surgeon and thinking about another surgery to fix the ankle.

Guess he decided F that, get a boat instead!

jet496

Reaction score
I'm thinking a DCB Mach 22 around $50k. I turned to jets when I was in my 30's after going through way too many props & lower units on the Mississippi, below Parker damn & other tributaries but now I'm thinking an outboard with a jack plate would serve me well in the shallows & get me more than 1 mpg.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Don't know about ankle issues, all my stuff was upper body. Tough to get up and over. My brother in law bought his baller deck boat for two reasons. One, it could be a party cruiser for his friends. Two, at the time his mom was having trouble getting in and out of his old boat. He bought his 07 Magic in 10. Been a good boat. He had even taken my Mom and my family on a few runs down to Havasu. My Mom had been doing chemo, and she had been having trouble boarding any boat. The deck boat has a good height, either beached or at a dock. It helped us kids ease our unsteady mom's.

My list would probably lean towards a Magic/Conquest style setup. If I had cubic dollars, an E-Ticket with twin 525's. Not the fastest, I'm sure, but fast enough. The toons are nice, but still too "SUV", and not enough "sportscar" for the money they command. That's me though, everyone is different. Twin 450s on an E-Ticket, wouldn't be bad either...but probably a bit more than the alotted funds.

blue wonder

Reaction score
I'm thinking a DCB Mach 22 around $50k. I turned to jets when I was in my 30's after going through way too many props & lower units on the Mississippi, below Parker damn & other tributaries but now I'm thinking an outboard with a jack plate would serve me well & get me more than 1 mpg in the shallows.
72AE4B48-7D2C-40B1-A33C-B28E5F62665D.jpeg

You mean like this one???

jet496

Reaction score
Yeah but they are bad ass that’s for sure
That model's definitely on the table if I see a one I like & the price is right. I've always been impressed with DCB's way back when Dave was my neighbor bringing home a different set-up every week with trucks that matched the boats. He took the business a long way since then but I think he's out of it now.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Malibu 23 MKZ
with three kids, that need to start watersports, behind the boat.
memories and fun . plus warn out kids from all that playing . hell Dave you and your wife, might be able to surf a little.
the best money spent for a boat , with a family.