WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So let’s say you want to buy a boat before summer

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Here is a sample of an under deck boarding ladder for the bow.

There are 2 tunnels in a tritoon. I would get the long ladder for one side and the short for the other. They will look symmetric when up.

Last edited:

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
Congrats Dave! I was in town for the Car Show. Guess I should have checked this thread again or subscribe. Would had liked to see it on its maiden voyage down to 3 Dunes. Play on Player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichL

Reaction score
Here is a sample of an under deck boarding ladder for the bow.

There are 2 tunnels in a tritoon. I would get the long ladder for one side and the short for the other. They will look symmetric when up.
We have this same one on the old "beater" pontoon we keep on the lake at home.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Can one of you fabricating geniuses make a bow assembly that has stairs, windlass anchor (power anchor), and bow thruster, that looks bad ass for our buddy Dave?

Don’t worry..... Dave will pay you!

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Can one of you fabricating geniuses make a bow assembly that has stairs, windlass anchor (power anchor), and bow thruster, that looks bad ass for our buddy Dave?

Don’t worry..... Dave will pay you!

lol. If I had your money I’d burn mine..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
People were asking for some interior pics. Griner toon some for me today when he was up in the toon!

this is a triple couch set up (3rd across from the driver which is Stacys favorite option) with a J lounge in the back and a refrigerator..

This was my favorite interior layout and I really really wanted the fridge which is why I went with an Avalon. To others they like the different floor plans better on other models.

0BC93DB1-195B-4AA2-BB86-08DAE8C26338.jpeg
8B337CEE-C26D-482D-8917-0760CD8EEC39.jpeg
71DFDC15-D0AB-4360-B4DA-6ACB766F0997.jpeg
A08E1F7F-4A79-4278-B567-BF4C84E6F2D6.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Those wake towers on toons like this aren't offered in a powered configuration? Something to lower them? Seems like it would be advantageous, and not to complex to accomplish.

attitude

Reaction score
Am I crazy or does the triple couch layout have 4 couches? Bad ass toon btw, congrats!

Reactions: DWC

PlanB

Reaction score
Those wake towers on toons like this aren't offered in a powered configuration? Something to lower them? Seems like it would be advantageous, and not to complex to accomplish.

Most can be lowered and raised with a switch. Some of the older ones are manual.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Mine is power.. you’d have to release the biminis to get it down though

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Am I crazy or does the triple couch layout have 4 couches? Bad ass toon btw, congrats!

The one in the back they call a j lounge.. but yes it’s basically four couches. Lol. It’s seating for like 17 people when you add it up.. coast guard place says 9 though? 😎

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Good luck with the fridge at 115.

It isn’t going to make things cold.. but I think it’s gonna keep things cold. If it doesn’t I have some options there to either modify it or change it to another one.

I have been in Miami when it’s hot as hell and humid (worst conditions for a fridge) and had cold beers out of the same fridges in the big center consoles..

attitude

Reaction score
The one in the back they call a j lounge.. but yes it’s basically four couches. Lol. It’s seating for like 17 people when you add it up.. coast guard place says 9 though? 😎
I’m pretty sure the coastguard plaque in most 22 vees will say 9 lol

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Mine is power.. you’d have to release the biminis to get it down though
Well damnit, they have power awnings on coaches. I think someone needs to make a completely automated setup. That and a power cover option for trailers. Sucks balls to try to put a cover on in the wind.

gqchris

Reaction score
Thats bad ass, Dave. Hope to get to ride in that baby someday soon. Looks so comfy.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
Dave, what led you to that dealer in Madera? In the market for an Avalon and trying to figure out dealers. Cruised their website, they seem to have quite a bit of stock.

Tank

Reaction score
That thing looks super comfy.

Can you actually tow off the "wake tower"?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Just a thought on the fridge, in my opinion I like the feature for food, snacks and maybe mixers/juices that need to stay cool. Nice for a few drinks but when it’s constantly opened and closed I don’t think it will be able to keep up with demand. I would and I’m sure Dave still plans on using a couple coolers.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
That thing looks super comfy.

Can you actually tow off the "wake tower"?

Yes, and mine did pretty well too.

The arch being electric with up/down option at the touch of the screen was one of the selling points for us.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave, what led you to that dealer in Madera? In the market for an Avalon and trying to figure out dealers. Cruised their website, they seem to have quite a bit of stock.

Quite a few members have bought boats off Jack. He’s super easy to deal with and I am happy with the experience. @ONE-A-DAY gave me his number

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just a thought on the fridge, in my opinion I like the feature for food, snacks and maybe mixers/juices that need to stay cool. Nice for a few drinks but when it’s constantly opened and closed I don’t think it will be able to keep up with demand. I would and I’m sure Dave still plans on using a couple coolers.

There are two Yeti 65 coolers that go on the back corners.. they are on back order right now but will be here soon.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score

So honest question here...

Those fridges on open deck pontoons, do they become hard to open in the summer when the ambient air temp is 100+ and the internal temp is in the 30s? Just from a physics standpoint, it would seem that when the air cools that much it would create one hell of a seal due to differences air densities

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
There are two Yeti 65 coolers that go on the back corners.. they are on back order right now but will be here soon.

“Partyable” comes to mind.

Nothing announces a party better than a couple yeti’s on da back swim step. [emoji471]

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
It isn’t going to make things cold.. but I think it’s gonna keep things cold. If it doesn’t I have some options there to either modify it or change it to another one.

I have been in Miami when it’s hot as hell and humid (worst conditions for a fridge) and had cold beers out of the same fridges in the big center consoles..

You can always throw a couple of Cooler Shock Packs into the refer to help it out when it's that hot. I usually throw a couple of those in my ice cooler and it really helps make the ice last the whole day!

PlanB

Reaction score

My last toon had a fridge. I pulled it out and turned the area into a bottle holder with LED's similar to what you see in a bar. The fridge can't keep up in the summer in Havasu and it's a constant drain on the battery that's running it.

DMF

Reaction score
How long does it take for the fridge to get cold in the first place?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
2A1447CD-88B9-4983-807C-933C7D835029.jpeg

this with a large box anchor, some rope up front,
Medium box amchor on rope to the rear and you are good .

Most twin engine toons aren’t moving around as much as the single engine toons in my experience.

riverroyal

Reaction score
110k and you can take mine full of gas even 😀
Wondering how the boat buying frenzy will be in the next few months

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My last toon had a fridge. I pulled it out and turned the area into a bottle holder with LED's similar to what you see in a bar. The fridge can't keep up in the summer in Havasu and it's a constant drain on the battery that's running it.

I have been in Florida when it’s hot as balls and humid and the fridges in the boats work out there? I think it’s more how ya useit that makes it work well or not.. put things in that are already cold.. turn it on for a few hours before ya head out etc..

Deckin Around

Reaction score
coast guard place says 9 though? 😎

WTF Seriously?? So you are illegally overloaded with 10 people?
Yes I have gotten that ticket for 11 in my carrera rated at 10 even with enough life jackets for all. Our 24' deck is rated for 14. Would a single engine version of the same toon allow for more persons/weight?

PlanB

Reaction score
Yes I have gotten that ticket for 11 in my carrera rated at 10 even with enough life jackets for all. Our 24' deck is rated for 14. Would a single engine version of the same toon allow for more persons/weight?

Yes. My 25 with a single 300 is rated for 16. The twins are rated for less because of the weight of the motors.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

That’s what it sounds like but I’m not worried about it.. I don’t plan on running 17 people anyways.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
That’s what it sounds like but I’m not worried about it.. I don’t plan on running 17 people anyways.

My Avalon 25’ with single 300 is rated at 17 people. Don’t plan on having 17 on board. I believe the rating for pontoons is tied to the diameter and length of the toon. (Not the motor) Mine has 27” toons and the specs for the 25” toons at the same length was less, 14 I believe.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My Avalon 25’ with single 300 is rated at 17 people. Don’t plan on having 17 on board. I believe the rating for pontoons is tied to the diameter and length of the toon. (Not the motor) Mine has 27” toons and the specs for the 25” toons at the same length was less, 14 I believe.

I have the 27' with the big toons.

RD