WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So many close calls on the river yesterday

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Not the river or havasu but was at LOTO this weekend. Running back to PBC about 80 Portion of the lake is like as wide as say in front of the riviera. Not really wide but not super tight like the river. sea do cutting across the lake at full tilt two people on it coming at us at a 90 degree angle. Kelly (the captain) starts mother Fuckin and cutting back throttles, more more more can’t really shoot to the rear of them because we had people on our port. They cut right in front of us. Kelly stops the boat and is FIRED UP! Screaming at them to come back. Ever see the Tom and Jerry episode where they’re on the ship hunting for Dickey Moe (mobey dick) and the captain is bright red and yelling but you can’t understand him he’s so pissed off….that was Kelly. Lol.

He’s screaming for these guys to come to the boat. Takes a minute but to my surprise they head our way. Looks like kids Two males. As they get close I see they’re 19-22 ish. I told Kelly I’d handle it. Once he saw they were young but the respect for them to come to the boat calmed him down a bit but he’s still hard to understand with a southern draw and especially pissed off.

We Told the kids hey gotta be careful keep head on swivel look for boats when crossing. Said it would’ve been a bad day for us running them over but it would’ve ended them. They said yes sir, we’re sorry sir. Thank you sir. Suuuuuuuper nice kids. Raised right. It’s nice to see there’s still good kids, good people in the world. Sometimes you just have to get out of California and Arizona to see it. You don’t always have to but Mid west people some nice folks. These were good kids.
Thats a good share Tank.... I was wondering about the width of that area with all those long go fasts boats running there. SeaDoos too eh. Man oh man.... glad evrything worked out fine on trip.... other than Dans toe & mechanical sounds all good... and Rd came out alive as well ha.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear ya... Parker's closed right hee hee
Parker is open and the only way to make it more clear is for me to post this sign from my days growing up as an Okie! :)

Maybe @TBI can change the verbiage to Parker .

a99350c2-ca59-4ffc-b44a-6dcd557ac3c8-largeScale_21SunFunStayPlay5121970.jpg
86179578_106388660936312_5688404864648871936_n.jpg

Last edited:

oldschool

Reaction score
You river guys have it easy, these Nor Cal lakes are complete chaos on the weekends. You can see the floating bathroom in the background that came out of no where and almost took us out.
ED9B517F-5566-4257-8917-DC500120F11F.png

grumpy88

Reaction score
We stayed in The Keys I think it was called.... cool lil channel that had a boutique 2 story motel with maybe 6 rooms... loved the front dock for leaving boat overnight... I'll never forget a sweet big block go fast idling in by us at around 2 am playing a MnM toon pretty loud; the lerics said "Get more ass than a toilet seat" I laughed so hard and we got out of bed to look... guy was going by with a stripper pole mounted in boat and everyone on board having a blast. I went out and bought that cd on way home. Great lil motel there.
JT's was the name . It was for sale . I dont know if its open though . I dont think so .

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
Your the best Jeff!!! 2 hands, one thumbs up!!! 😁

Reactions: TBI

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
We were on the water by 6:30 this morning and it was great. Weather couldn’t have been better, water was smooth and warm and we had the entire late to ourselves.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Mammoth Mountains. Somewhere along the Owens River Valley.

Lots of good dry camping up there.

hallett21

Reaction score
Mammoth Mountains. Somewhere along the Owens River Valley.

Lots of good dry camping up there.
we routinely fish the area. Sometimes it’s a rough ride in a pickup. How far do you pull the trailer from the asphalt?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
we routinely fish the area. Sometimes it’s a rough ride in a pickup. How far do you pull the trailer from the asphalt?

Hmmmm...

This particular spot, maybe a mile or so? If you know the area, you know how soft that dirt is. 2wd not recommended.

DBMX

Reaction score
I though people may be exaggerating when I was reading the posts... The MVSO posted this on their Facebook yesterday. :oops:

Over Father’s Day Weekend, The Mohave County Sheriff’s Office Division of Boating Safety and Dive Rescue Team responded to several water related calls for service on Lake Havasu and The Colorado River.
On Saturday (6/18), Waterway Deputies responded to several calls of distressed boaters. Those included two lost and distressed kayakers on the Colorado River, several boats that were caught in swim area buoy lines, swamped boats, several occupants of personal watercrafts who were unable to get back on their watercraft, and one boat that sunk with 14 people on board. Deputies also responded to a non-injury boat crash that involved a boat that was attempting to trailer, when it struck several other boats.
On Sunday (6/19), Waterway Deputies responded to a boat that sunk on the Colorado River that had 7 people on board and another boat that was on fire at the Lake Havasu State Park Launch Ramp.
During all of these incidents, high winds played a factor. The National Weather Service issued a notice of hazardous conditions on Lake Mead, Lake Mohave, Lake Havasu, and the Colorado River due to high winds. Thankfully there were no injuries reported during any of these incidents.
The Mohave County Sheriff’s Office Division of Boating Safety would like to remind boaters to check the weather and wind conditions prior to launching watercraft for the day.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I though people may be exaggerating when I was reading the posts... The MVSO posted this on their Facebook yesterday. :oops:
Tell em pictures or all that shit never happened! Videos always betta of course;)

PaPaG

Reaction score
So idiots are around again, saw a few sea doos trying to beach by our dock, then they decide to go to our neighbors beach and were changing drivers so no biggie its just the river and they are causing no harm SO FAR, then the idiot lets the girl take control as driver of the sea doo as he pushes hher off our neighbors beach and he jumps on then and she hits my dock hard while trying blast out of there, I yelled at him he yelled back "Settle Down", I told him to "fuck off and watch where he rides", and to go back to his rental. Fricken fucknuts, if they respected property I would not care but to hit it twice and just ignore us and not apologize or ignore us as he knows we are all standing there watching as they hit he deserves as ass beating or at least a chew out.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
So idiots are around again, saw a few sea doos trying to beach by our dock, then they decide to go to our neighbors beach and were changing drivers so no biggie its just the river and they are causing no harm SO FAR, then the idiot lets the girl take control as driver of the sea doo as he pushes hher off our neighbors beach and he jumps on then and she hits my dock hard while trying blast out of there, I yelled at him he yelled back "Settle Down", I told him to "fuck off and watch where he rides", and to go back to his rental. Fricken fucknuts, if they respected property I would not care but to hit it twice and just ignore us and not apologize or ignore us as he knows we are all standing there watching as they hit he deserves as ass beating or at least a chew out.
That's the privilege of dock ownership. I'm replacing my rub rail with angle Iron. I bet people will be more careful in the future.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
That's the privilege of dock ownership. I'm replacing my rub rail with angle Iron. I bet people will be more careful in the future.
Solid plan. This is the kind of thought and ingenuity that keeps me coming back.