WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So Mexico tourist spots are safe??...

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
This is weird. I just got an email of sales from Costco.. I was just showing the ole lady the all inclusive Cancun trip before I logged on here...there is also Hawaii.......better bet I would say. I was laughing at the $250 food credit in Hawaii....is that a breakfast and a half??

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
This is weird. I just got an email of sales from Costco.. I was just showing the ole lady the all inclusive Cancun trip before I logged on here...there is also Hawaii.......better bet I would say. I was laughing at the $250 food credit in Hawaii....is that a breakfast and a half??

Bruddah dats enuf 4 too spam musubis at 7-11. :LOL:

Last edited:

cakemoto

Reaction score
I don’t know about Tijuana compared to Cancun.But I had to one of my best friends that I grew up with went to Cancun about six years ago and when they woke up in the morning same shit to people dead on the beach he said he would never go back.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
O on Maui tings R moer X pensive. Won cup Kona coffee muss bee $25 now dat Joey is in da HOUSE!!!
you are typing like h20 toie. :p :p
40617305-69D3-4590-9155-C55C65ACFB8B.png

The Prisoner

Reaction score
So do you get massaged with an AK???

6ED336D3-B214-4993-A5AE-5610BE047BA1.png

DWC

Reaction score
Maybe 2 breakfasts if you don’t go all out. Had a late dinner at the hotel last night. Think the burger was $33. :oops:

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
My old lady was just talking about a going with her friends there to some time share next year. I'm sure the investigation, and justice in Mexico will be swift and stern!! haha 😂

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I grew up going to Mexico fishing with Pops. I won't cross that border. There are some Mexican based sites that show what's going on, not what makes the msm here. The contractors building the resorts are extorted like the mob did here...only more brutal on enforcement. There are constant hits in clubs or nice restaurants. People can say it's safe all they want. They may be this time, maybe the last or even the next....I'd rather spend my money here.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don’t vacation at those places either. But every week I have friends trying to convince me that Mexico is super safe and I should vacation there immediately.

I have never tried to convince anyone to go or not to go.. I will say that I have heard plenty of people tell me not to go.. and a bunch of experts tell me all about MX only to find out they haven’t been in 20 years or never at all. Lol

Our trip to San Felipe was one of the best I have had In my life. The trip to Troncones was surreal and I can’t wait to go back.

baja-chris

Reaction score
I have never tried to convince anyone to go or not to go.. I will say that I have heard plenty of people tell me not to go.. and a bunch of experts tell me all about MX only to find out they haven’t been in 20 years or never at all. Lol

Our trip to San Felipe was one of the best I have had In my life. The trip to Troncones was surreal and I can’t wait to go back.

We have a house in San Felipe (Pete's Camp), keep race cars and utv's down there. Spend a lot of time there and all over Baja past 30 years. Never an issue.
I suppose I'll get my head chopped off next visit but doubt it. Getting TIP so I can bring the new Avalon twin 350 down to Loreto for some snorkel and island trips.
I get why people won't cross the border but I guess different folks have different risk tolerances and different views on the state of things.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Pretty sure @Wmc was down there either right now or a few days ago?

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Maybe 2 breakfasts if you don’t go all out. Had a late dinner at the hotel last night. Think the burger was $33. :oops:

I can not help but believe that there is going to be a Time soon, When Enough Is Enough. This B.S. might be people Blowing Off Steam from "Covid" but it can not continue.

TrojanDan

Reaction score
Checked in to the Westin Nanea in Maui last night. Happy hour food, 5 drinks total for me, wife and 2 kids was $200. That $250 food credit won’t take you too far here. We ordered $1000 in postmates to stock the room. It will probably last half the trip.

I wouldn’t hesitate Mexico if that’s what’s in your budget. Act the fool and trouble usually finds you anywhere.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I can not help but believe that there is going to be a Time soon, When Enough Is Enough. This B.S. might be people Blowing Off Steam from "Covid" but it can not continue.

Yes it can, and it will continue. There has never been a shortage of people wanting to vacation in Hawaii.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Sbit, when I was stationed in Hawaii. My car insurance went from 80 bucks a month to 700 a month. Insurance guy said I had to pay for the weather. I said then cancel my policy right now.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

boatpi

Reaction score
Of the Kauai in August with family. Looks like we will be back to indonesia entering through Bali for our first business trip abraod in 18 months. November all will be open in most of Asia. Hit Singapore on the way back.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
The wife and I have been going to Cabo pretty much every year for awhile now, except we had to cancel last year cause of the covid shit.

We hear the same thing every year "I wouldnt go there, have you watched the news, cartels are killing everyone!" My response is always "yes, I wouldnt go if I were you either!"!

Fear is crazy the way it takes over people!

We have never had a bad experience anywhere in Mexico. But we dont venture into dark allys at night either🤷🏻‍♂️

We have talked about going to Hawaii a few times but we always end up back in mexico!

Dalton

Reaction score
Of the Kauai in August with family. Looks like we will be back to indonesia entering through Bali for our first business trip abraod in 18 months. November all will be open in most of Asia. Hit Singapore on the way back.

Indonesia huh, the phrase “ignorance is bliss” comes to mind, I’m kidding, kinda. Indonesia is a place similar to Mexico, don’t go to the wrong areas, and you’ll be fine. And yes I’ve been to both.

In Mexico the biggest threat is being caught in the crossfire between cartels, in Indonesia, you’ll end up in front of a camera getting your head sawed off, or maybe getting blown up.

With that said I wouldn’t hesitate going back to either, just good to be aware of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatpi

Reaction score
I have to go the Indonesia for business, Bali is no issue we stay at Ayana. In Medan and Surabaya we get picked up by corporate SUV’s and driven around. The Ayana is locked down, armed guards, dogs, not that there is any issues, mainly Jakarta 900 miles away. Check this out.... https://www.ayana.com/

Indoneisa has a massive aluminum industry, mainly supplies Australia.

the Villas; https://www.ayana.com/bali/the-villas-ayana/gallery#rooms/319

Last edited:

TCHB

Reaction score
My wife and I have traveled all around Mexico and have never had a problem. Last trip we took some Havasu friends to Rocky Point. They all loved it.

DWC

Reaction score
Agree 100%. Lunch bill was awesome as well. Thankfully only here a couple days on my dime. Damn.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I have to go the Indonesia for business, Bali is no issue we stay at Ayana. In Medan and Surabaya we get picked up by corporate SUV’s and driven around. The Ayana is locked down, armed guards, dogs, not that there is any issues, mainly Jakarta 900 miles away. Check this out.... https://www.ayana.com/

I’m convinced the most appreciative and friendly people in the world live in Bali. Labuan Bajo was also very nice. I’d take a hard pass on Jakarta from what I’ve heard.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
McDonalds!
Portuguese sausage McMuffin 👍
It’s a must any time I’m there!
Or the Portuguese bowl.
Not a MacD fan for the most part.
2 exceptions are donations to Ronald McDonald house and the Portuguese sausage on island 👍

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Indonesia huh, the phrase “ignorance is bliss” comes to mind, I’m kidding, kinda. Indonesia is a place similar to Mexico, don’t go to the wrong areas, and you’ll be fine. And yes I’ve been to both.

One could say the same about any number of places in the US.

In Chicago, don’t go to the wrong areas.

Minnesota…St. Louis…Baltimore…LA…NYC…Portland…Washington…DC…the list goes on and on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FCT

Reaction score
Nowhere is “Safe”. Here nor their. You just have to be smart and use good judgement.

I did sit next to a crime scene investigator from Mexico City on a flight home from Brasil this one time and the things she showed me on her computer was everything and then some straight out of a horror movie 😳

Javajoe

Reaction score
I don’t know about Tijuana compared to Cancun.But I had to one of my best friends that I grew up with went to Cancun about six years ago and when they woke up in the morning same shit to people dead on the beach he said he would never go back.
My BIL went there last year and a guy walked up from the beach and shot someone dead

Boat 405

Reaction score

Stayed there about 10 years ago. It was awesome!!

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Mexico has more chances of gunfire, but Bali and Singapore have way higher chances of bombings these days. We have FBI Bomb Techs going over their to help local PD’s on post blast investigations on a monthly basis. Local Cops are being targeted, stay away from those dudes😎

boatpi

Reaction score
Bali is truly peaceful, Jakarta often not so, in any event we have to go, business, now well into seven figures a year in exports. My biggest fear is the airlines, so we take Singapore Airlines when routes permit. Just our trip from Bali to internal cities is a risk, to/from Singapore no issues.

2Driver

Reaction score

We have plans for an island off of Bali in Sept. Gonna be tight if it opens by then

Friends kids just got back from Kauai. They said so much was not open and no help willing to work. Zero rental cars. Locals were renting their personal cars for $200 a day. They are super frugal newly weds and spent $1200 in 6 days on food

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We have a house in San Felipe (Pete's Camp), keep race cars and utv's down there. Spend a lot of time there and all over Baja past 30 years. Never an issue.
I suppose I'll get my head chopped off next visit but doubt it. Getting TIP so I can bring the new Avalon twin 350 down to Loreto for some snorkel and island trips.
I get why people won't cross the border but I guess different folks have different risk tolerances and different views on the state of things.

You really taking your Avalon down there? Be sketchy towing that big wide boat on some of those narrow roads.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
One could say the same about any number of places in the US.

In Chicago, don’t go to the wrong areas.

Minnesota…St. Louis…Baltimore…LA…NYC…Portland…Washington…DC…the list goes on and on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big difference is I can legally mitigate the threat in the US. Anywhere else, I’m screwed.

boatpi

Reaction score
As an FYI, Bali will reach 70% in June, anticipate fully re opening by July, Singapore in July too. I am waiting until November as we generally travel then, not so crowded at all.