WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So much for going to Nacimento

Tank

Reaction score
Posted a few pics from heritage a couple weeks ago on this thread. It's bad!

naci1.jpg
naci2.jpg
naci3.jpg
naci5.jpg
naci6.jpg

The good news is one good strong rain for a week or so and Naci will be over filling again. That lake is like the Mystery Spot. LOL

wzuber

Reaction score
So very sad, it's such a great lake. Just another visual sign of our politicians strangling our water supply to create yet another crisis with which to take away our liberties, control us and tax us to oblivion.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Crazy thought here I know, but I’ll be damned if I moved to place where it rains…..

Holy shit! There’s water in the lake every day!!!!😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
4E838433-775E-45C3-9B7B-171ADD408905.jpeg

But the weather is great there, I’ve heard. 🙄

Come on Dan. Have you ever been to key west and they were out of water? 🤣

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Can they not bring in dozers and excavators and deepen the lake where they can to increase capacity? All this government money floating around nowadays.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Can they not bring in dozers and excavators and deepen the lake where they can to increase capacity? All this government money floating around nowadays.
The Nacimiento lake bed is heavily contaminated with Mercury from the old adjacent mines in the Adelaide region. You cant even drive vehicles down on the lake bed without big trouble due to the mercury being kicked up.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Crazy thought here I know, but I’ll be damned if I moved to place where it rains…..

Holy shit! There’s water in the lake every day!!!!😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫 View attachment 1037211

But the weather is great there, I’ve heard. 🙄

Come on Dan. Have you ever been to key west and they were out of water? 🤣
The whole argument about the weather being nice and cancelling out a lot of the bullshit is, in and of itself bullshit. But, I will say, if you have never been to the central coast of California, it is incredible and an AMAZING place to vacation or live. And the weather there is the best in the word in my opinion.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
If the Demoshits did that they'd fuck it up by poking a whole in the bottom and all the water would drain back to the aquifer never to be seen again. Has anyone ever seen a Demoshit do something right in Calif??????

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
The whole argument about the weather being nice and cancelling out a lot of the bullshit is, in and of itself bullshit. But, I will say, if you have never been to the central coast of California, it is incredible and an AMAZING place to vacation or live. And the weather there is the best in the word in my opinion.

didn’t you leave there and move to Tucson?

c_land

Reaction score
And they keep building homes...........

...and letting fools procreate, and letting illegals stay, and voting idiots into power.

I believe the situation here is more related to historic agreements and water rights. The Salinas area is an enormous produce growing area for the entire Country.

We could probably build a home on every acre of farmland in the State and come out ahead as far as water consumption goes. Obviously there would be a whole list of issues that would come with that, but just using it to prove the point.

The environmental uses of our fresh water is even more egregious. More than 50% of water in this state is never utilized for ag, human consumption, recreation, etc.

We really need better management of our resources as far as storage and allocation goes. (IE: new reservoirs and not sending water to the ocean.)

Wedgy

Reaction score
Cant quote them, but.. R&JJ say, "Or it didn't rain."
Typical head in the sand response.
Typical of water management in California.
So. Yeah, not lately, JR&JJ, so plenty of room to let Cali reservoirs fill. They said Shasta would take 10 years to fill in 1977 too. See 1980. Idiots.

The way Cali lakes prepare for a wet winter forecast in normal years, is to dump the water to lower the lake levels, in anticipation of the inflows.

See this shit every year at Lake Shasta, with locals screaming stop.

Then came 1980. Almost lost control of the Lake. Major outflows, just like Lake Oroville.
So if that's how the water authorities roll,, why not find a way to not lose all the water that must be let out. Building auxiliary storage downstream, not only reservoirs, but tank farms, injection wells into aquifers.

We do that here.

The Canadian
River Water Authority, stores our water underground in 3/4's of an entire Texas County. 700 square miles. Plus every one of the 13 member cities has wells.

If 13 Redneck Texas cities can do this, why can't California?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So. Yeah, not lately, JR&JJ, so plenty of room to let Cali reservoirs fill. They said Shasta would take 10 years to fill in 1977 too. See 1980. Idiots.

The way Cali lakes prepare for a wet winter forecast in normal years, is to dump the water to lower the lake levels, in anticipation of the inflows.

Then came 1980. Almost lost control of the Lake. Major outflows, just like Lake Oroville.
So if that's how the water authorities roll,, why not find a way to not lose all the water that must be let out. Building auxiliary storage downstream, not only reservoirs, but tank farms, injection wells into aquifers.

We do that here.

The Canadian
River Water Authority, stores our water underground in 3/4's of an entire Texas County. 700 square miles. Plus every one of the 13 member cities has wells.

We have this thing called The San Andreas fault here. That might have some thing to do with that? 😝

Wedgy

Reaction score
58 yr Cali resident, atop the SA fault. And your point about the SA is?

Wedgy

Reaction score
Hell, the entire San Joaquin Valley, is a depleting aquifer. Divert runoff and injection well the runoff water into that.

Aquifers everywhere, if you look. Why not use them. Diversion dams, similar to the flood control in SoCal. Feeding Injection wells. Every Riverbed in Cali. Make a dent?
Couldn't hurt. Cheaper than a New Lake Shasta. Although there are plans to raise that dam. Oh the Environmental Horror.

The SDCWA has done an excellent job of negotiating for Imperial Valley water, and built and or expanded many different reservoirs in San Diego County.. They have interconnected all with the Colorado, and Socal Aqueducts. Carlsbad has a Desalination plant.

Do something, or build a train to nowhere.

Or move to Sanity.
Ball's in your Court Cali.

Last edited:

c_land

Reaction score
58 yr Cali resident, atop the SA fault. And your point about the SA is?

Hell, the entire San Joaquin Valley, is a depleting aquifer Divert runoff and inject well the water into that.

Aquifers everywhere, if you look. Why not use them. Diversion dams, similar to the flood control in SoCal. Feeding Injection wells. Every Riverbed in Cali. Make a dent?
Couldn't hurt. Cheaper than a New Lake Shasta. Although there are plans to raise that dam. Oh the Environmental Horror.

The SDCWA has done an excellent job of negotiating for Imperial Valley water, and built and or expanded may different reservoirs in San Diego County.. They have interconnected all with the Colorado, and Socal Aqueducts. Carlsbad has a Desalination plant.

Or move to Sanity.

The groundwater basins are often defined by faults. Sometimes the faults force groundwater to the surface when there's large elevation changes in a region (like california).

Groundwater in the Bunker Hill Basin generally flows in a southwesterly direction from the San Bernardino Mountains to the San Jacinto Fault. The San Jacinto Fault acts as a barrier, or underground dam, causing the groundwater behind the fault to rise toward land surface in the form of high groundwater. In addition to the rising water associated with the groundwater barrier, this area of the basin also experiences a "pressure effect" caused by the higher water surface elevation along the foothills. This high groundwater area is located within the City of San Bernardino and is commonly referred to as the "Pressure Zone" or the "Area of Historic High Groundwater (AHHG)".

https://www.sbvmwd.com/about-us/projects/central-feeder-project-ph-i

That's not to say our basins arent in overdraft though. Southern CA water agencies aften source their water from 100% ground water sources. There's room to store groundwater more often than not these days.

Like you pointed out, Kern county has a groundwater storage authority, banking unused surface water underground for later use.

BTW, I chose to move to sanity, hoping to finish my new house in AZ next year.

Last edited:

DC-88

Reaction score
Or it did’t rain.
We actually had one of the bigger storms of the last 20 years this season which dumped 6-8" over about a 36 hour period and Naci came way up. Whale Rock Res., which as the crow flies is real close to Naci, didn't fill but is currently still at 75% because it doesn't get wasted . It's self inflicted, just like 4-5 units dumping past my house in Needles from Davis Dam 24 hours a day from January through June , which was the first season I'd seen that happen and sure seemed odd since Powell and Mead weren't anywhere close to full. Maybe in the case of the River, it's step 1 in population control without pissing off the voter base....

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Posted a few pics from heritage a couple weeks ago on this thread. It's bad!

View attachment 1037095 View attachment 1037096 View attachment 1037097 View attachment 1037098 View attachment 1037099

The good news is one good strong rain for a week or so and Naci will be over filling again. That lake is like the Mystery Spot. LOL

Heritage ranch is one of the few places I would buy at in California. Over where you are at is the other

Tank

Reaction score
Heritage ranch is one of the few places I would buy at in California. Over where you are at is the other
I was actually looking to buy in Heritage ranch for a couple years as a second home / vacation spot. Then Taylor got married and moved to havasu, so now that's the plan. 🤷‍♂️

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Hell, the entire San Joaquin Valley, is a depleting aquifer. Divert runoff and injection well the runoff water into that.

The SDCWA has done an excellent job of negotiating for Imperial Valley water, and built and or expanded may different reservoirs in San Diego County.. They have interconnected all with the Colorado, and Socal Aqueducts. Carlsbad has a Desalination plant.

Or move to Sanity.
For Naci, the water isnt controlled by the state. There are rules and guidelines that Monterey County must follow to keep their operating permit, but thats about it. The really shitty thing though is that Monterey County Water Authority lies their ass off about the releases. There have been many times where the data has caught them in a lie, but its extremely difficult to get it to legally stick. Naci essentially feeds water to the entire Salinas Valley either in water right to the select farms along the Salinas river with grandfathered in water rights, or to recharge the Salinas aquafer. Yet they allow millions of gallons to flow into the ocean during the summer every year when it would have NEVER done that naturally.

propcheck

Reaction score
I believe the situation here is more related to historic agreements and water rights. The Salinas area is an enormous produce growing area for the entire Country.

We could probably build a home on every acre of farmland in the State and come out ahead as far as water consumption goes. Obviously there would be a whole list of issues that would come with that, but just using it to prove the point.

The environmental uses of our fresh water is even more egregious. More than 50% of water in this state is never utilized for ag, human consumption, recreation, etc.

We really need better management of our resources as far as storage and allocation goes. (IE: new reservoirs and not sending water to the ocean.)
I have always wondered why California did not build more storage and work on conservation efforts such as eliminating residential type grass And focus on more native species plants in parkways and open spaces for communities

MSum661

Reaction score
I have always wondered why California did not build more storage and work on conservation efforts such as eliminating residential type grass And focus on more native species plants in parkways and open spaces for communities

Sierra Club of California has been methodically working at tearing down dams for water storage for years. They don't want to store water...they want to save the fishies instead.
Just one example... https://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/another-hurdle-cleared-klamath-dams-closer-coming-down

grumpy88

Reaction score
If you think the lawn at my old home from the 50's is even remotely the problem with water in california you are crazy ! Stop building ! Stop adding residents ! Stop over using agriculture for export ! Then you might make a dent .

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Hahahahahah.

Trabuco creek had several small dams way in the back to hold water for trout releases. Then the green idiots got the bright idea to blow them up. I'm not talking anything even remotely large. I'm talking just enough to make about a 3 foot deep pool about 10 feet in diameter.

Their reasoning was that it was so the salmon and bass could swim up stream. Damn thing hasn't had water reach the ocean since 2008 during the big flood then.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

propcheck

Reaction score

propcheck

Reaction score
If you think the lawn at my old home from the 50's is even remotely the problem with water in california you are crazy ! Stop building ! Stop adding residents ! Stop over using agriculture for export ! Then you might make a dent .
I may be crazy. but on this instance i believe you misread my post. I said residential type grasses and referenced the use in communal spaces. So unless your 1950’s home has an 800 acre lawn you are correct it is not significant. Some communities have tried to remediate the issue with reclaimed water systems but it is still using water. As for the other issues you mentioned good news California is a net loss on people for 2020 and the top agriculture export (Almonds) is down 18%. So there is that good news for the drought

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Yes. And I wish I could have been able to afford to stay. Too pricey on a single income in HVAC in the area. I miss it everyday.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

To be fair, if the place has the best weather in the world, there is not much need for HVAC.

RodnJen

Reaction score

We do that here.

The Canadian

Texas gets more rain. It is also a large state and some areas get a shitload more rain, that’s why.

4Waters

Reaction score
Texas gets more rain. It is also a large state and some areas get a shitload more rain, that’s why.
IDK, the Colorado River seems to be flowing and keeping Texas lakes pretty full.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
To be fair, if the place has the best weather in the world, there is not much need for HVAC.
Well since there is nowhere in the world that maintains an outside temp between 60 and 80..... HVAC is still needed from time to time.

Also, the refrigeration discipline is quite in demand with all the wineries and such.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I have always considered the sierra club the enemy of the environment. Not a fan of that group at all

I stared going to their local meetings by my house, just to see what was up with those tools. They figured me out pretty quick, and I wasn't invited back.

Enviro nuts. No brain, no headache. 👍

Wedgy

Reaction score
Good grief. Which one of you is on their period, or both? Midol might help.

Waah, Average rainfall Cali? 18 inches. Northern Cali gets much more.
Average rainfall Amarillo, Lubbock. 20 inches. Much of Texas gets much less. I'm taking about a similar semi arid region. Calm TF down. Your point is moot.

If you don't fix the problem, there will be no solution. Don't get testy with me, when yore "Facts," are so weak.