WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So my daughter is in Hawaii this week...

sirbob

Reaction score
Having a little Spam sushi 😊

1DE30A44-C850-4978-8383-78B743573267.jpeg

DWC

Reaction score
Not a huge fan of the Musubi. The ABC stores sell a shitload though.

sintax

Reaction score
the 7/11 musubi is da bestest one lol. Bri makes them at the house, the oldest has converted several of her friends to musubi lovers.

Funny

That’s been one of our river snacks for years. We’ll usually knock out 20 or so for the week

sirbob

Reaction score
Yum! Let her know it is way less chewy with the cellophane removed.

Curious to know how it is over there right now with any COVID stuff.

Don’t have to be vaxed but do need an approved test and results loaded into a portal for tracking.

It’s a PITA but not really deal breaker for anybody that wants to go.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Don’t have to be vaxed but do need an approved test and results loaded into a portal for tracking.

Which island is she on?

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Teriyaki Spam Musubi from 7-11. That is the way to go. 👍

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
She is in Waikiki - she has a friend that lives over there and she seem to be going 2-3 times a year for short visits.

Yepp….you can see Diamond Head in the image..

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

Dirt cheap on flights via Hawaiian miles right now depending on your status. Booked our Christmas visit to the in-laws yesterday. R/t for $36.00 for 3 off us.

Singleton

Reaction score
Dirt cheap on flights via Hawaiian miles right now depending on your status. Booked our Christmas visit to the in-laws yesterday. R/t for $36.00 for 3 off us.

It CA was cheaper to fly my kid to/from school in Hawaii for winter break then the round trip tickets purchased to Denver for our annual New Years ski vacations. Almost 150 dollar cheaper

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
It CA was cheaper to fly my kid to/from school in Hawaii for winter break then the round trip tickets purchased to Denver for our annual New Years ski vacations. Almost 150 dollar cheaper
totally can see that. We're flying up to WA in like a week and a half from Austin to get some snow time and the one way tickets there were more than what R/t to HI is from Seatac or vegas.

C-2

Reaction score
We got back from visiting the family vacation home on Kauai two weeks ago. As said, great price on the flights. And Hawaiian Airlines will offer you 80K non expiring miles if you open a credit card with them. This was our first visit to the home in nearly 3-years; the flood in 2018 (54 inches in 24-hours), and then Covid kept us away.

Something that's changed - I'm convinced there is an organized effort by all the restaurants to serve small food portions so you end up eating every few hours, lol. It killed me to pay $25 for a burger meal and then walk out still hungry.

100% mask compliance indoors, they (even the dirtbags) are militant about it. We went to the courthouse and I forgot my mask in the car, and as we approached the security checkpoint, holy hell, they freaked the fawk out on me. Had to show vax card, ID, itinerary with hotel location, and then had to email copies to the main courthouse administrator before they let us in.

If using vax card to get the wristband/travel "exception", make sure your cards have lot numbers on them. Otherwise, you'll need to test.

Chevy5150

Reaction score
Is there a food shortage there? I was told there was in the stores.

We are headed to Maui for New Years and it would be good to know. I also heard reservations are a must.