WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So my daughter...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Will be going to USC next semester!!!

She will be starting as a Jr. She did 2 years at Citrus already.

She was actually accepted to every college she applied to. Her decision was between Chapman and USC. She just got her financial packet for USC this morning, so the decision was easy to make! lol

She has been saving her money since she was born. She has enough savings to complete 2 years at USC including an apartment close by.

Her major will be Human Biology as she wants to be a Physicians Assistant in the sports medicine field. She loves working with athletes. She was a paid Physical Trainer while at Citrus.

I'm just a little bit proud of her today...

☺☺

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Congratulations , Our daughter is working on Her PHD (masters last year) Its an interesting journey Mom and Dad Best of Luck !

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Congrats, that is awesome!

What does the 2 years of USC cost? Ballpark is fine, just wondering.

My uncle did glass there so my cousin went for free.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I'm thinking ballpark $80K.... she sounds like an impressive kid, I'm sure you're very proud. Great stuff!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Congrats, that is awesome!

What does the 2 years of USC cost? Ballpark is fine, just wondering.

My uncle did glass there so my cousin went for free.

If you have to pay full pop, it's 60k a year. 80k if you include all your books, food, lodging, etc...

Her tuition won't be even close to that much...

One of my son's Eagle Scout buddies secured himself a full ride there. He has also traveled the world with different grants. He has been showing my daughter the ropes for months now.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Gee dad, you did something right🤣
Congratulations on raising an outstanding young woman!!! You should be very proud👍😎

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
If you have to pay full pop, it's 60k a year. 80k if you include all your books, food, lodging, etc...

Her tuition won't be even close to that much...

One of my son's Eagle Scout buddies secured himself a full ride there. He has also traveled the world with different grants. He has been showing my daughter the ropes for months now.

Yea the grant game is a good one to play. Awesome.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Yea the grant game is a good one to play. Awesome.

My daughter has applied for at least 20 grants that I know of. Some of em were just...

Tell us why you deserve this grant in X number of words, and here is 5k. You have to do your homework on this grant stuff. Lots of money out there if you know where to look! Thankfully, the stay at home lock down for the past few months, has been a blessing to her. She had plenty of time to work on that stuff!!!

fmo24

Reaction score
Congrats. A buddy of mine did the same thing. All lower level courses at two year then transferred in as a junior. People only see final diploma 👍🎉

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Congrats. A buddy of mine did the same thing. All lower level courses at two year then transferred in as a junior. People only see final diploma 👍🎉

Exactly!

My wife got her (2) business degrees from a very prestigious business college, and only went there one semester! It was a bitch though, she had to transfer from I can't remember how many different schools and make sure this school would accept that schools classes and all kinna crazy shit. Wasn't' easy. But it was affordable.

She got a job with Deloitte and Touche straight out of college with the degrees that she earned.

Last edited:

oldschool

Reaction score
Congrats to you and mostly your daughter. My daughter is graduating from UCLA next week after spending her first 2 years at a JC.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Congrats. Great field. My daughter is working while working on her Masters now.Going to PA school a year from Fall.
She works ER Trauma with their Flight team.
LOVES IT !

20811.jpeg

Riverhound

Reaction score
Congratulations to both of you!

My son went down a similar path, 2 years at a JC and transferred into the business school at University of Arizona, Eller College of Management.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Congrats Fight On!!! ✌

I'm sure you know how tight the alumni is with helping each other out.

Your a bruin for 4 years but your a Trojan for life. :cool:

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Awesome!... congrats

I'm a firm believer there's nothing wrong with attending a 2 year prior to heading up to the bigs!